Doctor Strange ongoing series (Aaron/Bachalo)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Doctor Strange Gets a New #1 From Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo After Secret Wars

doctor-strange-top-140892.jpg

Thor writer Jason Aaron and veteran X-Men artist Chris Bachalo will team for Doctor Strange, launching after the events of Secret Wars, Entertainment Weekly reports.

"We wanted a Doctor Strange who was always having to work for what he gets, and to show that when he shows up and uses his powers, it's not like Captain America throwing his shield or Thor throwing his hammer," Aaron says of what makes this version of Doctor Strange different. "Strange has to worry about repercussions that those other heroes don't have to worry about, because he's a Sorcerer Supreme. We're talking about the forces of magic. So whatever he does has repressions. Any of this stuff with magic, there's always a cost to it. I think that's kind of the only rule of magic we ever really talk about—everything he does, there's a price to it. So he always has to kind of balance those skills and worry, "if I save the day here, what repercussions will that have for me, or elsewhere in the world? We liked him having to deal with that, and liked him being able to get his hands a little dirty, rather than just having him stand around, waving his hands and saving the day."

Jason Aaron seems to be getting better the more work they give him.

He's the anti-Bendis.

He's a machine. Even his Image stuff is gold. This book is going to be amazing! It sounds like they're going with what the New Avengers annual was and that was awesome. Very excited for this.

Read Daniel Way and then his Ghost Rider runs. He rocks at supernatural and Way actually wrote something good.

He's really good at fleshing out the mythology of the more magical and supernatural comic book characters. If you look at his work in both Ghost Rider and Thor: God of Thunder you can see how awesome he is at it. He's perfect for Dr. Strange.

Latest posts

Back