Doctor Who

The Christmas special was purely amazing... Easily the best Christmas special I've seen from DW... I just want to watch it over and over again.

DOCTOR WHO is the most greatest show ever made ever.

The Christmas Special was terrific from start to finish and I love it and I want to be Doctor Who, riding a shark-driven sleigh through ice clouds in the sky because that is what happiness is made of.

I also can't wait for bearded prisoner Doctor Who in the new season, but for now I am super happy because my heart grew three sizes today.

Steven Moffat is a national treasure.

DOCTOR WHO is the most greatest show ever made ever.

The Christmas Special was terrific from start to finish and I love it and I want to be Doctor Who, riding a shark-driven sleigh through ice clouds in the sky because that is what happiness is made of.

I also can't wait for bearded prisoner Doctor Who in the new season, but for now I am super happy because my heart grew three sizes today.

Steven Moffat is a national treasure.

Agreed to all. Even if it's not my nation. :)

Have you seen his stuff from the first few seasons of Coupling? I love how you can see the seeds of the intricate and smart DW plotting applied to a romantic sitcom.

I love Moffat's Doctor Who because it made Bass finally change his avatar.

Agreed to all. Even if it's not my nation. :)

Have you seen his stuff from the first few seasons of Coupling? I love how you can see the seeds of the intricate and smart DW plotting applied to a romantic sitcom.

This sounds odd and bizarre and I shall do so.

I love Moffat's Doctor Who because it made Bass finally change his avatar.

I use a prisoner now.

Prisoners are cool.

SO I have recently rewatched series 5 of Doctor Who.

One thing I noticed in almost every episode, that nothing was what they thought it was.

Eleventh Hour - Prisoner Zero hid behind a perception filter.
The Beast Below - The space whale was actual helped based on it's own free will
Victory of the Daleks - The scientist was an android constructed by the Daleks.
Angel episodes - There was a couple of those in this one. First off the Angels hiding as statues of the two headed race, the Doctor coming back through the crack to tell Amy to remember what he first said, and the crack's true origin.
Venice - The sea creatures were hiding in plain sight using the perception filter
Amy's Choice - Both were dreams.
The Lizard Creatures - Honestly, I was so bored by these episodes I couldn't come up with a good example. But the misdirect at the end with only Amy being there could have been one of these things.
Vincent and the Doctor - The alien could only be seen by crazies
Lodger - The main plot of the episode.
The finale - How the Alliance was working together, and the Pandorica opened to show Amy. It was also full of misdirects.

Not saying that Moffat would follow in the same vein as Davies did, with a theme running through the entire season, but I feel that this was such a prevalent theme to the season, that I didn't notice when watching it one week at a time, but noticed when watching them together it was obvious.

Um... that's kind of a convention of DOCTOR WHO. The show often has mystery in it, and mystery means revelations.

Doctor-Who_510.jpg

April 23.

Last edited:
Awesome ad!

I'm also catching up on the series prior and have recently finished 2. Starting 3 soon!

Last edited:

My college is relatively small, and I know a lot of the people on campus. A few big groups of people that I really dislike, and a few people who I like but aren't really the greatest friends of mine, are obsessed, obsessed, obsessed with the show and it is basically all they talk about. And I've listened to them talk about it for three years. My good friend from back home showed me a few of the Matt Smith episodes and I enjoyed them, but all I could think of during them were the annoying college people.

It's kind of like why I'll never watch HOUSE. My original Freshman roommate, who was dreadful, watched it nonstop, actually nonstop, and was a very unpleasant person to have as your first roommate. (He crashed and burned and dropped out by the beginning of the second semester.)

Ah, I understand. Shame. Perhaps you'll be able to revisit it soon enough. It's a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Back