Doctor Who

I don't mind being spoiled, rarely ruins the actual story for me.

I do mind having the entire plot handed to me though.

I don't think anyone knows the actual plot.

But yeah, Timothy Dalton as a Time Lord and John Simms back as The Master. This is going to be awesome.

I really enjoyed the first part of The End of Time. "Oh my Lord, she's a cactus!" And that was a lot of John Simms.

tumblr_kva9n8Bbh61qzla78o1_500.png

The Timelords are back!

That was an awesome ending. Really epic yet still quiet and touching.

[YOUTUBE]esqeAqrKKA4[/YOUTUBE]

The one I saw cut off the first seven or so minutes of the final act, so I didn't get to see him do anything with Jack Harkness or Rose Tyler.

Hated the Mickey/Martha ending.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the new Doctor. He's the addle brained antics was amusing, and made him different than Tenant.

The new companion seems interesting as well (and not just cause she's a hot redhead callgirl). I guessed the whole marriage thing before it was revealed, which should lead to interesting plotpoints later on.

The episode itself was very Moffat. Interesting twists, some horror points, cool aliens, ambiguous threat of existence, and intersecting with someone at multiple points in time.

Hopefully this new season continues to impress.

Yeah, I was really impressed with the premiere. I already like The Doctor and the new companion and I think I'll like Moffat's tone more than Davies'.

That preview for the rest of the season was awesome too. I am excited.

I was very, very happy with "The Eleventh Hour". It became apparent early in previews that Matt Smith was going to be excitedly eccentric and I was worried it'd be in the same vein as Ten's earlier seasons. Luckily, Smith dialed the quirkines way up, to the point where it actually differentiated him from Tennant in and of itself. I was very impressed with his performance and this episode alone eroded any doubts and/or cynicism I held about Matt Smith.

The episode, as a whole, was very good. Moffat always delivers, though, so that wasn't much of a surprise. I'm not sure how I feel about Karen Gillan as Amy Pond yet, because her relatively strong performance is being overshadowed (for me, at least) by the fact that she is very, very, very pretty. That was my impression of Martha at first too, though, and I grew to despise her before long. Hopefully Amy's character will come into her own throughout the season...I'm sort of annoyed that she has her own Mickey (who's equally annoying), however.

I liked The Beast Below. It further supports Amy is not a typical type of human, while continuing to further separate Matt Smith from that other guy, in a good way.

I liked "The Beast Below" in the way that I like most Doctor Who episodes. I'm in love with the concept and characters, but the execution was horribly off and it left gaping plot holes. Of course, I'm much more forgiving of Doctor Who than I am of most other things.

Love Matt Smith. Love Karen Gillan even more. This didn't really have the same level of quality that the other Moffat episodes have so far, anyway.

I was disappointed with it. It felt like one of those subpar Davies episodes. Even Amy was beginning to annoy me.

Still like Matt Smith though. And the next episode is the one I've been waiting for.

I was disappointed with it. It felt like one of those subpar Davies episodes. Even Amy was beginning to annoy me.

Still like Matt Smith though. And the next episode is the one I've been waiting for.

Unfortunately, "Victory of the Daleks" is written by the same gentleman who wrote "The Idiot's Lantern", quite possibly the worst episode of the Davies years. I don't have high hopes for it. Especially not with the previews showcasing less than stellar dialogue like "I AM THE DOCTOR AND YOU ARE THE DAAAALEKS!"

unfortunately, "victory of the daleks" is written by the same gentleman who wrote "the idiot's lantern", quite possibly the worst episode of the davies years. I don't have high hopes for it. Especially not with the previews showcasing less than stellar dialogue like "i am the doctor and you are the daaaaleks!"

Ffffuuu

Interesting note though, in the Beast Below episode, the circus tent where Amy first encounters the Space Whale, the sign said Magpie electronics, which is the same electronic store from "The Idiot's Lantern".

I really think that "The Beast Below" would have worked much better as a 2-part episode. It's biggest failing was that there were too many ideas crammed into a package that was far too concise; if it had another episode for expository development and fleshed out the spaceship as a framing device (which had interesting bits hinted at, but never quite given qualified by the story), I think it would have been a really fantastic story.

I have high hopes for The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone. The Weeping Angels are great (or, at least, they were in "Blink") and, contrary to most of the fandom, I'm really looking forward to River Song's return. As far as I'm concerned "The Beast Below" (and probably "Victory of the Daleks") will just be a speedbump along the way.

Latest posts

Back