Doctor Who

Next week looks more original than some of the less good episodes this series. I think the angels has been the best so far, by a stretch. I feel like the angels are getting to be as classic as daleks, cybermen or sea monsters.

I read some of the conspiracy theories over at bleeding cool, but i wonder if the real twist isn't something really simple. So far the only concrete thing that is gonna get explained is that Amy doesn't remember the Daleks. But that could be explained by saying she's from a parallel dimension the Dr went through at the start of the series (hence the tardis was on fire).

Also they get married on 26th of July? is that gonna be the date of the finale?

I've seen people slinging the alternate universe theory around all over the place, and it seems unlikely to me. Amy doesn't remember the Daleks because the cracks in time are erasing certain historical phenomenon ("There was a giant cybermen over Victorian London and no one remembered it."). The TARDIS was on fire because Ten died from absorbing an extraordinary amount of radiation, which was dispelled during his regeneration. Moffat's said so in interviews.

Pay attention to The Doctor's dialogue in The Eleventh Hour and Flesh and Stone. He says that the cracks in time are being caused by a catastrophic event somewhere in time, but he doesn't know where. ...or, rather, when. A popular theory is that it'll be tied into the Time War (maybe the frequently mentioned "Nightmare Child"), but I sort of doubt this, too. Moffat's shown very little interest in picking up Davies' plotlines.

Why the hate for Rory? He was good in the episode I thought.

Some people are jerks.

He's boring, useless and has no chemistry with Amy. We've seen the baffled, bewildered, jealous and occasionally outraged romantic partners of companions a thousand times before. The fact that we're being forced to sit through this plot again is irritating and insulting.

Why The Doctor didn't want to run into Casanova:

d4-570x316.jpg

He's boring, useless and has no chemistry with Amy. We've seen the baffled, bewildered, jealous and occasionally outraged romantic partners of companions a thousand times before. The fact that we're being forced to sit through this plot again is irritating and insulting.

This isn't the same. He wasn't impressed with the TARDIS being bigger on the inside. He knows things about the Doctor, cause he did research after the Doctor showed up the first time to him, which already makes him better than Mickey. There's more to Rory than the usual jealous boyfriend.

Plus he's a male nurse. That right there shows cajones.

Last edited:
This isn't the same. He wasn't impressed with the TARDIS being bigger on the inside. He knows things about the Doctor, cause he did research after the Doctor showed up the first time to him, which already makes him better than Mickey. There's more to Rory than the usual jealous boyfriend.

Plus he's a male nurse. That right there shows cajones.

One or two lines of throwaway dialogue about him reading popular science articles didn't do much to satiate my dislike of him. He still conforms to the same ******* archetype that we see in the family/friends of every single companion.

And he's only a nurse as a metaphor for the fact that he's "Not quite the Doctor". In Amy's eyes most notably, I guess. It was practically evident in Vampires in Venice as well.

And David Tennant is a sex god. Has anyone seen his Casanova series? Is it any good?

Pay attention to The Doctor's dialogue in The Eleventh Hour and Flesh and Stone. He says that the cracks in time are being caused by a catastrophic event somewhere in time, but he doesn't know where. ...or, rather, when. A popular theory is that it'll be tied into the Time War (maybe the frequently mentioned "Nightmare Child"), but I sort of doubt this, too. Moffat's shown very little interest in picking up Davies' plotlines.

I noticed the bit where the doctor leaves amy (with no jacket) and then returns (with a jacket) for all of 30 seconds telling her to "remember what he told her when she was 7", and there's certainly more to come there.

I think erasures is another theory that would explain the glitches that also wouldn't be too complicated for the audience to understand. I have heard it suggested that this could be caused by the appearance of Gallifrey at new years, but I agree Moffat doesn't seem interested in continuing those plot threads - also that didn't happen on 26th of july...

I'm holding out hope for Rory, his line about the Tardis was ok, but i thought the Doctors response was far better. "I like it when people say 'it's bigger on the inside'" even if the boyfreind character has been done before, we've got a new doctor and a new dynamic to the relationship.

I noticed the bit where the doctor leaves amy (with no jacket) and then returns (with a jacket) for all of 30 seconds telling her to "remember what he told her when she was 7", and there's certainly more to come there.

Yeah, that's why me (and a bunch of other people) think The Doctor is coming back and rewriting time. Whether he's causing the crack or he's trying to stop it is uncertain.

I loved "Amy's Choice". Toby Jones as The Dream Lord was fantastic. I would like to see him return, especially as the end implies that he's not going to be that easy to get rid of.

Favourite moment was when the Doctor pushed the old woman off the roof. This episode was like Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz combined.

Last edited:
The overemphasis on Rory and Amy ruined this one for me. The last two episodes have practically demoted The Doctor to a supporting character in favor of their stupid, rehashed sideplot. There were parts I liked; I agree with Craig that The Dream Lord was a nice touch and the initial setup, with them flipping between realities was cool and reminded me of "The Constant" from LOST. Ultimately, though, I didn't really care anymore by the end.

Loved it.

The Dreamlord actor was fantastic. The Rory and Amy love thing was great. The whole old people acting as host was hilarious. A cold dwarf star is a great idea.

This episode was setup.

I was confused on why Amy and Rory would show up at the TARDIS in the beginning like they did, I'm sure this will be explained though.

Overall good episode, though the five minutes of preparing a trap only to have it not work spectacular bad was kinda weak sauce.

I thought it was very dull.

Hopefully the next part picks up.

I liked this one. Vampires of Venice and Amy's Choice might as well have been episodes in The Amy Pond Show, and for me this was a proper return to "Doctor Who". The Doctor had actual screentime (finally), and the the cool, insane sci fi is taking precedence over Amy and Rory's dull soap opera sideplot.

I thought that the slow pacing allowed for a building sense of menace, which reminded me of the Classic series. The ridiculous (and awesome!) reptile monsters drove this point home.

I kind of liked Rory in the end. I feel wishy washy.

I thought this two-parter was great; a nice revisit of Classic Who. The "shrapnel" from the cracks in time and space was a cool twist, too.

Rory. :(

The TARDIS is the cause of the crack? I don't know how The Doctor can reach inside it and not be erased from existence when everyone else is... and why do you not remember people you know, but you do remember people you didn't know?

I think this two parter had lots of potential but ultimate fell apart. And the preview for next week reminded me of the throwaway "historical figure meets monster" episodes but it does have Bill Nighy in it...

Last edited:
Rory. :(

The TARDIS is the cause of the crack? I don't know how The Doctor can reach inside it and not be erased from existence when everyone else is... and why do you not remember people you know, but you do remember people you didn't know?

I think this two parter had lots of potential but ultimate fell apart. And the preview for next week reminded me of the throwaway "historical figure meets monster" episodes but it does have Bill Nighy in it...

The mythology involving the Cracks is inconsistent, but I thought this was much, much better than **** like Vampires of Venice and Amy's Choice, which were both atrocious. I really liked Homo Reptilia, and The Doctor trying to change history.

And I think that Amy was able to remember the Soldiers from The Time of Angels because they weren't an integral part of her personal timeline, so when they were erased, her history wasn't extensively altered. Conversely, Rory's disintegration causes significant alteration to Amy's life, wiping her memory entirely. The Doctor reaching into the light didn't affect him because, I don't know, he has a handle on what he's doing and didn't allow himself to be exposed for too long.

Loved it. Hilarious episode, so many good lines occurring in it, and the ending was excellent.

Now we have a preview which names a whole bunch of Doctor villains trying to stop him from opening the box.

Latest posts

Back