Doktor Sleepless : Warren Ellis' Next Big Thing

then his extremely weird Indy stuff... which is what Doktor Sleepless would come under.

Honestly, I find it closest in style to Transmetropolitan, with a dash of Planetary's idea of the usurption of the World's Future by a dark undercurrent... Albeit I hope this time the conspiracy is a bit larger than four individuals.

Sweet.

But I read this and it rocked.

Doktor Sleepless has potential to be one of the greatest characters created.

I love Ellis' original creations... Fell, Snow, Jones. They are all great.

Proj was right. Very weird. I'm still not sure what it's about though.

This was great. It's very similar to what I've read of Transmet, just a slightly different idea of the future. Doktor Sleepless's broadcast at the end just brought the whole issue up. And the backmatter section has me very, very interested in where this series may be going.

Warren Ellis goodness. I'm excited.

I'm planning on getting one of the Doktor Sleeples tshirts (Since I needed some new tshirts anyway). The "SCIENCE BASTARD" one is superior to the "Grinder" one, but my school's dress code would probably prohibit me from wearing a shirt with the word "BASTARD" on it.

There's only one solution.

Drop out of school.

DOKTOR SLEEPLESS!

Yeah... I like the character but the comic is doing nothing for me. I think it's going to be one of those comics where Warren Ellis learns some weird new technology and teaches us about it. I don't like that.

I am interested in this whole John Reinhardt situation though.

I just read the first issue and I love it. Once more, Warren Ellis gives me something which could very well be written by the hand of Hunter S. Thompson. Doktor Sleepless is not Raoul Duke or Spider Jerusalem, but the story and characters are straight out of some LSD-induced, hallucinogenic dream. It makes me want to do hallucinogens again, just like Transmet.

All this after Blackgas and Black Summer. And Fell. And everything else Ellis does. Seriously... the man touches poop and turns poop into gold. Poop.

1380428315_b09713b71b.jpg

Issue #2: Good.

Read it. I don't like doing synopses. I will, however, say that the Shrieky Girls is an interesting concept.

Latest posts

Back