Dollhouse - Whedon/Minear/Dushku Back To TV

I don't get why they would axe Terminator. I mean, come on, Salvation will definitely create a big fan base.

I don't get why they would axe Terminator. I mean, come on, Salvation will definitely create a big fan base.

One, because it had gotten its second chance and it failed. Two, because the Salvation timeline spins out of T3 while SCC spins out of T2. It wouldn't hold Salvation converts.

I'm really surprised that they've renewed Dollhouse. The beginning of the series was sort of like a reverse Quantum Leap, and not in a good way. The constant reveal that most of the characters are Dolls kills most of my interest in them. And the conspiracy angle of the series isn't nearly fleshed out to hold my interest. This isn't Firefly. This isn't even John Doe. It doesn't deserve a second season.

I actually agree with you. The drive of the show - Ballard discovering the Dollhouse - has played out and I'm not too concerned with the potential "conspiracy" because, as you say, it's not fleshed out.

I'm hoping that season 2 is going to be radically different to the first season, and not more of the same. I think the playing field of the show has changed enough that it should be exciting to see the first season of a new show - kinda. Does that make sense?

:rockon:

Will he get it on with the scarred up Doc? Will a vampire and slayer get it on? Will they take the land and boil the sea?

FIND OUT IN JOSSVERSE, season 2!

:rockon:

Only Joss is allowed to break the "no more than one Joss-Whedon-actor-per-dreamcast" rule! :D

Last edited:
Sounds like Epitaph One, the missing, 13th episode, sort of sets up the rest of the show.

And it sounds crazy.

Sounds like Epitaph One, the missing, 13th episode, sort of sets up the rest of the show.

And it sounds crazy.

Who saw Epitaph One?

I just did.

O_____O

WOW.

That is the show completely redone. I've had a similar idea
doing a show that jumps to show the huge aftermaths... or to put it another way, to spend the first season saying "this is the show we're doing" only to reveal that the show is something completely different in season 2".
I mention this because this is PRECISELY how I envisioned and usually, one's ideas are better than the reality.

Well, I'm wrong. This kicked much more *** than my pet idea. This was brilliantly executed. Season 2 should be very interesting.

Unless, it's just 12 episodes of "searching for Safe Haven", at which point it might just suck a huge amount of *** as it shows us post-apocalypse USA each week.

But here's something - will Eliza Dushku actually BE in season 2?

I can't remember the last time a show so completely pulled the rug away and left me wondering just what is about to happen next.

Also, the tech makes people Reavers. I wonder if this is perhaps a glimpse of what maybe FIREFLY could've/would've been...

DISAPPOINTMENT SHE WROTE!

Some site said:
At the San Diego Comicon, Joss Whedon screened the episode and later said that "even though the future is fixed, and the stuff we see in "Epitaph One" is definitely real, we haven't seen the whole picture. For one thing, the "flash backs" we saw featuring our main characters were memories and may have been unreliable, plus some of those events may not have played out the way we thought they did."

So... it is all just a big tease. We may or may not see this happen, and it may not happen the way we thought it did. Season 2 will be just like season 1 with a bit of ominous foreshadowing.

I am heartily disappointed. I was expecting a completely different show next season. Crap.

Well, I hope it's still good.

I mention this because this is PRECISELY how I envisioned and usually, one's ideas are better than the reality.

I love it when that happens. Also I have a feeling I've seen a show that did exactly what you were talking about with a huge change but I just can't place my finger on it

So...

I saw the first two episodes of DOLLHOUSE.

In the wake of "Epitaph One", the entire show of DOLLHOUSE is just completely different. Every single scene has a double-context, and it's rich for it.

In the first two episodes, we had some great Doc Sanders scenes (wow, is Amy Acker good. And so is Topher. The two are kicking ***), and Ballard adds a small little twist to the very formulaic "Echo goes into an engagement, something goes wrong with her personality, they have to pull her out" structure. Though, sadly, not enough. Ballard's main interest as a character has been completely co-opted by Wesley's senator. Ballard is cool, but really, Boyd could just as easily be fulfilling the role, and it's unfortunate as Boyd has been marginalized. That said, Senator Wesley ups the stakes in an interesting fashion, and I'm looking forward to seeing where he's going.

Also, Jamie "Apollo" Bamber, in the first episode, was wonderful. I sincerely hope he returns.

I also find it funny that, not content with drafting actors from his own shows, Whedon has now begun getting actors from shows he likes, namely, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. It's cute. :p

Anyhow, the first two episodes, were both pretty cool and exciting, but I still feel the weak link in this show is Echo, and Eliza Dushku. It's unfortunate really, but not too upsetting. Neither is ever so bad that it's a deal-breaker. The ensemble around her is interesting enough for me to watch and really enjoy.

I saw the third and fourth episodes.

The third episode was just awful. The only good thing was seeing Victor gay it up. That is all. It was boring, didactic, self-righteous twaddle that wasn't even remotely interesting. I found it funny that Col. Tigh showed up. "GALACTICA LIVES!" cries Joss Whedon! I laughed out loud when he showed up.

Anyhow, the episode was crap.

I just saw episode 4, which was directed by Commander Riker.

IT WAS FANTASTIC.

Not only is it hugely setting up the apocalypse, but it was just a genuinely exciting and engaging story about rape and slavery. Brilliant stuff.

Oh, and Echo wasn't really in it, at all.

Once again, DOLLHOUSE proves it would be arguably the best show on TV right now if it wasn't for it's main character. Every time Echo's the main character, the show is, at best, mediocre. When she's absent, the show suddenly becomes a superb show. Every. Damn. Time. How is Whedon not seeing this?

Yep. But apparently the season will be fully aired and the finale is meant to give the show some closure.

26 episodes is fine for the show. I'd kill for another 12 episodes of FIREFLY.

Last edited:
Yep. But apparently the season will be fully aired and the finale is meant to give the show some closure.

26 episodes is fine for the show. I'd kill for another 12 episodes of FIREFLY.

I'd cause the next black death for another 12 episodes of Firefly!

Latest posts

Back