Downloading comics

SeAcoW

OK i know it is eligal to download comics ( and i want you to know that i DON'T do it! ) BUT today i checked my DL program (edit) to see if it was POSSIBLE to download comics ! Well, it was and there i saw Ultimates 2 #4 ? IS the issue faster out on the net then it takes to print it ? And what is your oppenion on DL'ing Comics ?

I downloaded some because I wanted to read them and I had the choice between getting current ones and downloading the old ones or just getting the old ones, never managing to catch up. Personally, I think its a bit dodgy but that said, I am guilty.

Ultimate Warrior said:
I don't see how that's possible. :?
Actually it IS possible. There's a certain amount of time it takes to get the art transferred to plates, printed, bound and stapled and sent to shipping and distribution. Whereas the Net copies would just be about transferring the final colored and inked pages into print ready form and then processing them into image files.

But for the comic to be pirated and scanned so fast and before its released would require someone working within Marvel and the printing press.

SeAcoW said:
OK i know it is eligal to download comics ( and i want you to know that i DON'T do it! ) BUT today i checked my DL program eMule to see if it was POSSIBLE to download comics ! Well, it was and there i saw Ultimates 2 #4 ? IS the issue faster out on the net then it takes to print it ? And what is your oppenion on DL'ing Comics ?

It very well could be a fake, or mislabeled.

BTW - let me just make clear the guidelines for discussing this. I'm going to adopt the same policy Millarworld uses:

9. While discussion of comics downloading and the morality thereof are permitted, discussing where you download from IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

ourchair said:
But for the comic to be pirated and scanned so fast and before its released would require someone working within Marvel and the printing press.
That was the reason why. Of course Halo 2 was out on the net weeks before the release date so everything is possible., I just didn't think the comic-scanning-scene was that big online. :neutral:

ourchair said:
Actually it IS possible. There's a certain amount of time it takes to get the art transferred to plates, printed, bound and stapled and sent to shipping and distribution. Whereas the Net copies would just be about transferring the final colored and inked pages into print ready form and then processing them into image files.

Yeah it does, but as you guys knows theres always some asses at a work place. Some of them might do it !

Nurhachi said:
You can download comics, but its just not the same as the real thing.

True.What'd be better,seeing Collossus return after all the build-up of that issue OR catching a glimpse as the issue flies out of your printer?

Ultimate Warrior said:
That was the reason why. Of course Halo 2 was out on the net weeks before the release date so everything is possible., I just didn't think the comic-scanning-scene was that big online. :neutral:

Yeah, but it was the French Halo 2, so not nearly as good. :wink:

I've only downloaded comics to see if i liked them, and then bought them after (Red Son, for instance.)

Ultimate Gambit said:
where do you guys download comics at????
UltimateE said:
It very well could be a fake, or mislabeled.

BTW - let me just make clear the guidelines for discussing this. I'm going to adopt the same policy Millarworld uses:
9. While discussion of comics downloading and the morality thereof are permitted, discussing where you download from IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
In other words: Don't ask.

I downloaded the first ever five issues of the x-men once. I had some reprints as a kid, but they got chucked out, they were a blast from the past. 'Unas the untouchable' RAGH!!

(edit)

Guijllons said:
I downloaded the first ever five issues of the x-men once. I had some reprints as a kid, but they got chucked out, they were a blast from the past. 'Unas the untouchable' RAGH!!
Hehe...that's actually "Unus".

Latest posts

Back