Dr. Strange - MCU Film

I would REALLY prefer Jack Huston, but Joaquin is unquestionably a great actor. I just can't really see him in the part.

That's my opinion as well. Huston looks far closer to Strange on a physical comparison. He's also a great actor, and not as big a star as Phoenix, which would likely open up the possibility for Huston as Strange to appear or at least cameo in The Defenders series a few years down the road. I'm not sure Phoenix would be as open to the idea or as willing to appear on the show.

Either way, both are great actors, and I'd have no problem with Phoenix getting the role, I just think Huston getting it would allow for more crossover appearance possibilities, while still, first and foremost, casting an extremely talented actor for the part.

**** origins. I'm so sick of them and would be so happy to see them done away with for the time being. Ant-Man seems to be splitting the difference by leaving Pym's origin out of it and making it about Paul Rudd just jumping on in. I'd love to see Strange just do away with it altogether.

And Joaquin Phoenix is almost enough to make me forget how uninspiring their directorial choice is. Seriously, Phoenix is brilliant. It's clearly not a certain thing yet, but Marvel hasn't had an actor of his caliber in a lead role yet.

**** origins. I'm so sick of them and would be so happy to see them done away with for the time being. Ant-Man seems to be splitting the difference by leaving Pym's origin out of it and making it about Paul Rudd just jumping on in. I'd love to see Strange just do away with it altogether.

For heroes like Spider-Man and Batman, who've had their origin stories done onscreen already multiple times between film and television, I agree. For a character like Dr. Strange who is far less known to general audience, I disagree. They don't need to spend the whole movie focusing on his origin, nor will they, but it should at least be touched on so general audiences have an idea of how the guy came by his abilities.

And Joaquin Phoenix is almost enough to make me forget how uninspiring their directorial choice is. Seriously, Phoenix is brilliant. It's clearly not a certain thing yet, but Marvel hasn't had an actor of his caliber in a lead role yet.

Huston would be preferable. Phoenix is a great actor, but I just don't see him in the role. Granted, Marvel's casting is always spot on, so if they go with Phoenix I'm sure they had their reasons.

This article does a great job of breaking down why Phoenix may not play Dr. Strange.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=106864

There's no doubt he's a great actor, but it seems he's reluctant to sign a multi-picture contract, as well as the heavy use of green screen and CGI that's required for the film.

Like I've been saying, Jack Huston would be a perfect choice. He'd likely not have any issues signing a multi-picture deal, since it'd elevate him to an A-list actor essentially overnight, and he played a guy who was missing half his face on Boardwalk Empire, which required CGI. I doubt he'd have a problem with extensive CGI and green screen work that the film will require.

Pretty cool rendering by Anne Wu:

1010488_676520375779763_1248061251559667419_n.jpg

Pretty cool rendering by Anne Wu:
nice.

Can't wait to see the real thing. Just want to see how they do the costume, for one, and really can't wait for trailers (probably sometime early 2016, so awhile) to see how Cumby portrays Strange. I'm sure he'll be phenomenal in the role.

Doubt we'll see an official shot of Cumby as Strange for close to a year, from now. I figure if they've officially cast Strange, that pretty much establishes the July, 2016 date as Dr. Strange (as has been pretty much assumed, just no official word yet).

Still, he should do a great job.

Is it weird I refer to him as Cumby?

Benedict Cumberbatch is a great choice. I do think he's a great actor

Latest posts

Back