Dr. Strange - MCU Film

Knowing my ex-girlfriend, probably.

Ouch.

He seems kind of young.

He's 42, so he's definitely in the right age range. He just looks young, but...

Other than that, with a haircut and a goatee he looks the part.

Exactly. A bit of white hair coloring at the temples and he'd be a damn good choice physically. Talent-wise, I'm sure he's spot on.

He doesn't seem and look like a Dr. Strange kind of guy. They should definitely use a different actor, like one that looks older since Dr. Strange is older

He doesn't seem and look like a Dr. Strange kind of guy. They should definitely use a different actor, like one that looks older since Dr. Strange is older

Hair coloring can make a huge difference. Like I said, dye his hair jet black, grow a goatee and dye it black, and dye some white at the temples and he'll look pretty darn spot on.

And it's only a rumor at this point, though likely a rumor that has some weight and validity to it. And given Marvel's spectacular track record regarding casting for the various roles in the MCU, it's strange (see what I did there?) people are against the prospect of Leto playing the role. I assure you, Marvel/Feige and their casting directors are far better at this than we are.

Looks like Marvel are eyeing Benedict Cumberbatch or Tom Hardy to play Dr. Strange

Either would be great, and a better choice than Jared Leto (though I'm not opposed to Leto playing the role). Hardy and Cumberbatch are more obvious choices than Leto, but would probably fit the role better. If I had to choose between the two I'd go with Cumberbatch, only because he can bring an aspect of mystery and elusiveness to the role. While Hardy could definitely do the same, I just think Cumberbatch could do it better. Plus Cumberbatch's slight and thin build fits the body type of the role better than Hardy's more muscular physique and bone structure. Of course Hardy could lose weight/muscle mass for the role, but he can't change his bone structure.

Looks like Marvel are eyeing Benedict Cumberbatch or Tom Hardy to play Dr. Strange

Either would be great, and a better choice than Jared Leto (though I'm not opposed to Leto playing the role). Hardy and Cumberbatch are more obvious choices than Leto, but would probably fit the role better. If I had to choose between the two I'd go with Cumberbatch, only because he can bring an aspect of mystery and elusiveness to the role. While Hardy could definitely do the same, I just think Cumberbatch could do it better. Plus Cumberbatch's slight and thin build fits the body type of the role better than Hardy's more muscular physique and bone structure. Of course Hardy could lose weight/muscle mass for the role, but he can't change his bone structure.

Hardy is one of my favorite actors but I cannot picture him as Strange. Like you said, bone structure and too muscular. Cumberbatch I'm indifferent about I guess. For some reason, when I'm picturing him with a moustache (I'm aware Strange sports a goatee) all I can see is him looking like John Waters without the buggy eyes.

The reports I've seen say Marvel wants them both for the film, but not exactly for the same role of Stephen Strange, at least from how I've perceived it.

Benedict could likely pull off the Sorcerer Supreme, but I can't see Hardy fitting that role. He'd better fit either Baron Mordo or Dormammu (which that case would be part voice/motion capture).

I want Mads Mikkelsen for this role.

But the choice of director worries me more than the casting rumors.

Edgar Ramirez Reveals He's 'Talking' With Scott Derrickson About 'Doctor Strange'

Actor Edgar Ramirez had nothing but praise for Deliver Us From Evil writer/director Scott Derrickson, telling SPINOFF ONLINE he's been "a huge fan" of the filmmaker's work since The Exorcism of Emily Rose. It's little surprise then that the duo is looking beyond the horror film, which opens July 2, to Derrickson's next project: Marvel's Doctor Strange.

'Doctor Strange' Reportedly Will Skip the Origin Route

So, for Doctor Strange they've had a script in-house forever. It is a pretty standard origin story for Doctor Strange. It's got Baron Mordo as the bad guy. That's all gone. Marvel's new thing is no more origin stories. So, Doctor Strange movie no longer has an origin. It begins in medias res. It has Doctor Strange already established as the Sorcerer Supreme. It is a totally new script. Jon Spaihts is working totally new, On his own, without any of the previous stuff. Not even touching the previous script.

Might be for the best. I don't know a ton about his origin, but from what I've heard it seems like it might be best to just skip to the action. Hopefully other comic book movies will start doing the same.

On one hand I'm really upset we won't see hus origin because it is great but on the other no more origin stories has been a comic book wet dream of mine for a very long time.

I wouldn't necessarily take the "skipping the origin" report as fact just yet, considering Feige specifically said Dr. Strange would be a "classic Marvel origin tale".

Yeah, I was saying if it is true. I take everything as a rumor unless Marvel reports it on their site.

Jack Huston up for Dr. Strange role?

It's not being reported Jack Huston (who was probably by favorite actor on Boardwalk Empire, playing the horribly scarred Richard Harrow) is the likely choice for Dr. Strange. I'd love to see that happen. He's a fantastic actor and isn't a huge name, which would make him more likely to sign for multiple appearances in the role, both in film and possible television (perhaps showing up in The Defenders series).

Jack Huston up for Dr. Strange role?

It's not being reported Jack Huston (who was probably by favorite actor on Boardwalk Empire, playing the horribly scarred Richard Harrow) is the likely choice for Dr. Strange. I'd love to see that happen. He's a fantastic actor and isn't a huge name, which would make him more likely to sign for multiple appearances in the role, both in film and possible television (perhaps showing up in The Defenders series).

I really hope Dr Strange is in the Defenders.

Latest posts

Back