Dragon Age - Origins

Huh, looking around on that there interwebz, it's looking as if Dragon Age 2 is scheduled for a 02.01.11 release.

Being me, I went out and spoilered to my heart's content.

I'm a little dissapointed they reused the
"party members die if you screw up the final mission"
concept from ME2. But it's still a cool concept.

Being me, I went out and spoilered to my heart's content.

I'm a little dissapointed they reused the
"party members die if you screw up the final mission"
concept from ME2. But it's still a cool concept.

I was totally pissed that they killed
Mhairi during the Joining
... I was "WTF guys??"

It's alternate universe time!

[video=youtube;J3ZSfMkn5Dk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ZSfMkn5Dk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Considering the viewpoint, I doubt the DLC will fully explore the consequences of The Warden getting killed and how it effected the world. ("Darkspawn winning" is a pretty big consequence, true, but it'd be nice to see how the party members were effected.) Still, I love AUs, so this could be fun.

Heard about this yesterday, and will definitly be getting this. If its DA, I'll spend money on it. The first game was so impressive, I'm a life-long fan of this IP. Awakenings and the other DLC have had their problems, but in and of themselves are still fun little additions to the universe.

The Alternate Universe approach is a bit of a turn-off (I'd rather they focus on expanding on the established universe before going all Elseworlds), but I'm interested enough to spend money on it. And playing as a darkspawn sounds fun, especially as an Ogre!!! Just wish it was something they could've worked into the existing storyline as opposed to an alternate one, maybe as an interquel to Origins and Awakening.

Ah, well, either way, I look forward to it. Plus, the BlightBlood Sword sounds cool (you get this for use in Origins and Awakening when you beat Darkspawn Chronicles).

I know there's more DLC on the horizon anyway, most notably the Leliana DLC. If you haven't heard, the voice actress for Leliana let slip she'd done VO work for upcoming DLC, and it sounded pretty substantial. Personally, I'd like to see a couple DLC packs focusing on your party members, giving additional, character-specific missions which expand on the party member's backstory some more. Pretty much like the existing character missions (which raise your approval rating with those characters), just with new storyline and gameplay.

New DLC on the way (the one that Corinne Kempa mentioned doing dialogue for and has had Leliana fans anticipating it for months):

Dragon Age - Leliana's Song

I'm looking forward to it. Leliana was one of my favorite companions, and my romance option for one playthrough, so I'm eager to see how they expand her past (this is a prequel adventure to Dragon Age itself, taking place during Leliana's time with Majorlaine).

Dragon Age - Origins: Witch Hunt (DLC)

The final Origins DLC lets you find out what happened to Morrigan after the Archdemon has been defeated. It also lets you import your Origins/Awakening/Golems of Amgarrak character, so you can continue your Warden's story.

Was really looking forward to Leliana's Song, but that doesn't compare with how excited I am for this. Very interested to see how they'll handle the Dark Ritual ending (where you impregnate Morrigan with the Demon-God-Baby).

I doubt the God Baby will show up or play much of a part, since he or she will only be a few months old, and a 1-2 hour DLC doesn't really seem the best choice for dealing with such an important plot element from the first game...I think we'll see what happened with the God Baby either in DA2 or DA3.

So Witch Hunt came out yesterday.

Gotta say, I was disappointed. More re-used locations, and not much new to the DLC. The storyline was a let-down, and the ending even more so (mainly because of the bug which ignores the dark Ritual and if you actually had the God Baby with Morrigan). Not much of a send-off considering this is the last DLC for Origins.

Hopefully they'll patch that soon and then I'll give it a re-play.

Lair of the Shadow Broker was so much better.

Little update about Dragon Age 2. All preorders between now and January first will be upgraded to the Signature Edition, free of charge.

Included is;

More quests
An exclusive party member
A weapon chest with 4 exclusive weapons
Downloadable soundtrack.

Latest posts

Back