Dragonball Evolution

Re: Dragon Ball movie

Backfire, mean like the watchmen, which has had a billion times more promotion, is that backfiring for them? The difference is Watchmen looks like a way better movie.

Every, "over hyped" movie looks good. Doesn't always mean it is.

Backfire, mean like the watchmen, which has had a billion times more promotion, is that backfiring for them? The difference is Watchmen looks like a way better movie.
I disagree with Mole, but what works for Watchmen doesn't necessarily mean it'll work for ALL movies, Dragonball or no.

This pretty much sums up my feelings of the movie.

[youtube]eYltu4usfXk[/youtube]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Except Watchmen and Dragon ball are 2 different movies. How many people, hell just on here saw "live action Dragonball" and wrote it off before we even saw footage? Then how many were exited for Watchmen again before we had footage?

Hell even on DBZ sites before there was even footage fans were not going to accept it. So already they lost a big chunk of the audience as a lot of fans were not even going to see it.

Now fans of watchmen wanted it and wanted footage. More footage = More excitement. Plus changing Nite Owl's costume with things like darker colours and more armour like will help the film ride the dark knights coat tails. Add both of together = Big guaranteed money.

Now you have 2 movies with 2 different guaranteed profit. Watchmen has the bigger amount so they can afford more promotion, Simple as. As well as that A lot of the dragon ball movie like they said will me made in post production so trailers ect.. would hit later when they can show off some kick-*** cgi.

Now if Fox Over-hyped dragon ball they would run the risks of 3 things. 1st spending too much $ on the promotion and 2 showing off all the best cgi to show someone so they'll know what to expect or 3 just make people sick of it before it even comes out.

All this is talking about factors BEFORE we even see either trailer. Now Watchmen does look like the better movie you are correct. I'm still personally more exited for this but most likely watch both.

This pretty much sums up my feelings of the movie.

[youtube]eYltu4usfXk[/youtube]

:lol::lol:

Except Watchmen and Dragon ball are 2 different movies. How many people, hell just on here saw "live action Dragonball" and wrote it off before we even saw footage? Then how many were exited for Watchmen again before we had footage?

Hell even on DBZ sites before there was even footage fans were not going to accept it. So already they lost a big chunk of the audience as a lot of fans were not even going to see it.

Now fans of watchmen wanted it and wanted footage. More footage = More excitement. Plus changing Nite Owl's costume with things like darker colours and more armour like will help the film ride the dark knights coat tails. Add both of together = Big guaranteed money.

Now you have 2 movies with 2 different guaranteed profit. Watchmen has the bigger amount so they can afford more promotion, Simple as. As well as that A lot of the dragon ball movie like they said will me made in post production so trailers ect.. would hit later when they can show off some kick-*** cgi.

Now if Fox Over-hyped dragon ball they would run the risks of 3 things. 1st spending too much $ on the promotion and 2 showing off all the best cgi to show someone so they'll know what to expect or 3 just make people sick of it before it even comes out.

All this is talking about factors BEFORE we even see either trailer. Now Watchmen does look like the better movie you are correct. I'm still personally more exited for this but most likely watch both.

There is a reason for all of that, one of these movies is a good idea in general and is true to the source material and has the fan base excited, the other movie is a bad idea from the get go, is not true to the source material and has almost no fan support.

I also want to point out that they probably don't have all the effects done and would most likely want to showcase that when they start their ad campaign

I also want to point out that they probably don't have all the effects done and would most likely want to showcase that when they start their ad campaign

That's speculation not fact, I'm sure we have been promised a teaser before now and are you really saying they don't have enough material for teaser and why shouldn't a teaser be out now?

So let ask you this, when is the teaser going to come out, when are we going to see this promotion, I will believe Fox has faith in this project, when I see all of this, which I haven't seen now.

Last edited:

Again we were not promised. It was rumoured. Rumour does not = promise. Fox never said anything 100% confirming one way or the other

Again we were not promised. It was rumoured. Rumour does not = promise. Fox never said anything 100% confirming one way or the other

The fact that there is no teaser at this point is not encouraging. The watchmen teaser came out in July and the movie comes out in March, so the trailer came way in advance of the film, shouldn't we have seen a teaser for this film by now, why can't they make a teaser by now? Its just a teaser its supposed to be simple and come out well in advance of the film, makes the fact we haven't seen a teaser for this film leaving me even more skeptical.

The fact that there is no teaser at this point is not encouraging. The watchmen teaser came out in July and the movie comes out in March, so the trailer came way in advance of the film, shouldn't we have seen a teaser for this film by now, why can't they make a teaser by now? Its just a teaser its supposed to be simple and come out well in advance of the film, makes the fact we haven't seen a teaser for this film leaving me even more skeptical.

People are still saying "The day the earth stood still"

And again, you're so hung up on comparing it to Watchmen

And again, you're so hung up on comparing it to Watchmen

I'm comparing an upcoming movie that's making all the right moves and has mostly positive buzz, to a movie that has been making all the wrong moves and has mostly negative moves, fancy, people never compare and contrast good products and campaigns with bad products and campaigns. :roll:

What was that thing I posted?

Wouldn't that be a teaser?

Latest posts

Back