Dragonball Evolution

Re: Dragon Ball movie

If by awesome you mean insanely terrible beyond human comprehension, then yes, i agree.

The fact that there is no teaser at this point is not encouraging. The watchmen teaser came out in July and the movie comes out in March, so the trailer came way in advance of the film, shouldn't we have seen a teaser for this film by now, why can't they make a teaser by now? Its just a teaser its supposed to be simple and come out well in advance of the film, makes the fact we haven't seen a teaser for this film leaving me even more skeptical.

There was a teaser.

by the way can a mod re-name this thread "Dragonball Evolution" please?

Last edited:
Civilized James has a new behind-the-scenes shot of Piccolo and Mai on a rock. This appears to be our first good look at "Young" Piccolo. The site also has a new Yamcha photo.

He's green! :rockon::rockon::rockon: Geeking out on those pictures.

Oh yeah and here is the Yamcha one

This movie was obviously not given the budget it needs. I don't think this'll be good at all and that's a shame.

What makes you think that? From trailer it looks like it got the budget it needed.

What makes you think that? From trailer it looks like it got the budget it needed.

I disagree. From the trailer, not only was under-budgeting an obvious problem, but the lack of any talent (in terms of the actors or crew), imagination, or familiarity with the source material was made readily apparent by the trailer. I hate to judge a book by its cover, but this book's cover has been slathered in ****.

I disagree. From the trailer, not only was under-budgeting an obvious problem, but the lack of any talent (in terms of the actors or crew), imagination, or familiarity with the source material was made readily apparent by the trailer. I hate to judge a book by its cover, but this book's cover has been slathered in ****.

Actors don't matter. You don't need giant stars to make good films.

Effects from trailer look spot on. Cool and fluid while keeping a cartoon like appearance to them while been tonned down for realisim.

You complain about lack of imagination and Lack of familiarity with the source material? But if it was exactly like the Manga wouldn't than in away be "lack of imagination" ? Plus it was made by a different country than where it started so a new take was expected.

Look at Japanese doing : Transformers and Spider-man. It needs to be different and they made it different. Piccolo seems to be great, Rework of capsules seems pretty damn cool. I'm still optimistic about this film.

So I finally got around to the new trailer and it looks much better compared to the earlier ones. I'm still thinking this may be an entertaining flick as long as I don't have to pay for it kind of movie

Actors don't matter. You don't need giant stars to make good films.

Actors DO matter in the sense that while you don't need big names, you need talented actors to sell the audience on their roles. Its obvious from only that trailer they failed miserably in that sense.

You complain about lack of imagination and Lack of familiarity with the source material? But if it was exactly like the Manga wouldn't than in away be "lack of imagination" ? Plus it was made by a different country than where it started so a new take was expected.

I'm not saying it should have lifted directly from the manga. I understand that in the translation from page to screen certain things needed to be changed. However, it seems like the things which were changed didn't need to be and were done for the most contrived of reasons, ultimately resulting in another Super Mario Bros. movie.

Look at Japanese doing : Transformers and Spider-man. It needs to be different and they made it different. Piccolo seems to be great, Rework of capsules seems pretty damn cool. I'm still optimistic about this film.

Good luck to you, Mole.

I'm not saying it should have lifted directly from the manga. I understand that in the translation from page to screen certain things needed to be changed. However, it seems like the things which were changed didn't need to be and were done for the most contrived of reasons, ultimately resulting in another Super Mario Bros. movie.

Now that is way to harsh. Another Super Mario? A lot of films are changing things that don't need to be changed. Let's take Spider-man the movie (just the first one) Did we need a power ranger suit for green goblin? Did spider-man need to not be the wisecracking spider-man from the comics that people love? Did we need Gwen replaced with M.J? Did we need organic webbing? Did we need genetically modified spider bite instead of any radiation been used?

The answers to all of them are no we didn't. And that was an american film based on an american property. They seem to have kept a few things the same, The look of dragon balls , The capsule style vehicles, The Kamehameha, How evil Piccolo should be.

Is it 100% True to Dragon Ball? Hell no. But who honestly expected it to be 100% true. It still looks entertaining and great for what it is.

Actors DO matter in the sense that while you don't need big names, you need talented actors to sell the audience on their roles. Its obvious from only that trailer they failed miserably in that sense.

I wouldn't say that at all. James Marsters , Yun-Fat Chow, Ernie Hudson and more can all be great in roles they are put in. Plus the trailer didn't show much scenes where acting was needed. It was basically a monologue of the dragon balls and then action scenes too hook people in.

The only part of the trailer that did annoy me was Chatwin's "cool" on seeing the capsule. Though that was just a "Awww I wish he had shown Goku's surprise at first seeing it." But that is based on Goku the character not Chatwin the actor. I know goku is pretty much a typical teenager and so that response works for this but yes I wanted :shock: goku. not 8) goku. But again that was personal reasons.

I honestly think people are greatly underestimating this movie or expecting more than it is. It's not going to be the greatest movie ever hell not even the greatest movie of 2008 for a lot of people but it's still going to be great fun and entertainment with a hint of a myth type story.

And at the end of the day wasn't the essence of the manga been mythical while have comedy, Action fights but also entertaining story? So in that regard it looks like it will be like it.

The Chapter Book Cover Art :

1st

2nd

3rd

By the way I LOVE LOVE LOVE the last one's picture of goku and so hope he's in the film looking like that.

Latest posts

Back