Dragonball Evolution

Re: Dragonball Z live action !

when you're talking about Dragon Ball Z then I agree.

Akira Toriyama is a hack. Many anime fans recognize him as such.

I strongly disagree with this , Akira Toriyama in no hack he just has his own style so to speak , look at Blue Dragon. But in the case of dragonball Z I can clearly see the differences in charracters.

Now I'll admit some look similar but the ones that do are related and that shows it more which is good.

However I won't carry this on as it's off topic and instead just post news

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3831&Itemid=99

Open casting!

I strongly disagree with this , Akira Toriyama in no hack he just has his own style so to speak , look at Blue Dragon. But in the case of dragonball Z I can clearly see the differences in charracters.

Now I'll admit some look similar but the ones that do are related and that shows it more which is good.

However I won't carry this on as it's off topic and instead just post news

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3831&Itemid=99

Open casting!

awesome

Also i completely Agree with mole.

I agree with the whole 'difference of opinion' that Venom Melendez is talking about but...

Drawing the conclusion that someone is NOT a hack because he 'has his own style' is illogical.

Even hacks are entitled to style. Having one does not make someone not a hack.

Just ask Rob Liefeld.

I agree with the whole 'difference of opinion' that Venom Melendez is talking about but...

Drawing the conclusion that someone is NOT a hack because he 'has his own style' is illogical.

Even hacks are entitled to style. Having one does not make someone not a hack.

Just ask Rob Liefeld.

and .... you missed my point. But never mind this about live action film not anime or manga

What exactly do you disagree about?

Cause I'm not dissing Chrono Trigger, just Toriyama. Chrono Trigger is just too good for Toriyama to ruin it.

I always thought his Chrono Trigger work was above all of his other work. Sure, there is similarities between, say, Chrono and Goku or Bulma and Lucca, but I've always liked the artstyle of CT.

I always thought his Chrono Trigger work was above all of his other work. Sure, there is similarities between, say, Chrono and Goku or Bulma and Lucca, but I've always liked the artstyle of CT.
Hm.

Okay, I won't begrudge that.

Regardless of what I think of Akira Toriyama, I'm sure everyone has a right to grade his works as better than others, so a pox on my previous comment then. :D

Emmy Rossum Joins Dragon Ball Z
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
December 15, 2007

Emmy Rossum has joined the cast of 20th Century Fox's live-action adaptation of the popular manga Dragon Ball Z.

"Heroes" actress Eriko Tamura, who plays Mai, and newcomer Joon Park (upcoming Speed Racer), who plays bad boy Yamcha, are also coming aboard the film.

Rossum, who starred in Poseidon, The Phantom of the Opera and The Day After Tomorrow, joins a cast that includes Justin Chatwin, James Marsters and Jamie Chung.

The sci-fi adventure is being directed by James Wong. Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer) is producing

Joon Park should be cool as Yamcha

This is such a weird variety of actors.

This is such a weird variety of actors.
Sadly, it only makes it more interesting for me.

If there's any chance I'm actually going to watch a Dragon Ball Z movie, it'll only be if the movie is completely bat**** insane.

Emmy Rossum, eh? My friend wrote the script for a film that she was in. (It was seen by virtually no one, though.) So you might say he put the words right into her mouth, right ourchair? :)

Emmy Rossum, eh? My friend wrote the script for a film that she was in. (It was seen by virtually no one, though.) So you might say he put the words right into her mouth, right ourchair? :)
I haven't the foggiest clue what you are trying to bait me into.

I'm so confused.

Here is two pictures of what Goku will look like

according to "HoyCinema" This particular set is for "Unitech High School" where Goku will take classes. According to the site, the license plates of all the cars say "City Of The Future", while the cars themselves run on "solar cells". In the scene being shot, Goku is ridding a bike when the yellow sports car hits him.

The site also mentions that filming in Durango will begin January 2nd instead of the previously reported January 7th.

my thoughts = I like the fact the kept an orange top on him , the school look is wrong but still I want to see the film before I judge it on that. Also the car hitting him HAS to be Bulma right?

Last edited:

This particular set is for "Unitech High School" where Goku will take classes.

Goku taking classes?......But his charm is the fact that he's a retard.

I mean really the guy doesnt even do house work.

Latest posts

Back