Dragonball Evolution

Re: Dragonball Z live action !

The difference is how much it will cost them to shoot in locations. By that, it looks like it'll cost them less money to shoot in Mexico than New Zealand or Australia.

Exactly

The difference is how much it will cost them to shoot in locations. By that, it looks like it'll cost them less money to shoot in Mexico than New Zealand or Australia.

Yeah but I was saying that doesn't mean it's a bad thing or they have a bad budget

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-11-11/heroes-lee-auditions-for-dragon-ball-z-movie

During his November 11 panel at Pacific Media Expo in Los Angeles, actor James Kyson Lee (Heroes television series' Ando) said that he is trying out for the role of Yamcha in 20th Century Fox's live-action adaptation of Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball manga. He says that the movie is planned for a 2010 release and that he approved of the script so far. He also said that he was a childhood fan of manga such as Dragon Ball and Takehiko Inoue's Slam Dunk -- the latter of which he had read the entire run.

Ah he liked Slam Dunk!

Which is STILL better than Dragon Ball Z.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to beat the dead horse whose name is "Make Fun of DBZ Just To Spite Mole"

I just think Slam Dunk was pretty fun and hilarious. It got a little long in the tooth, but all in all, a decent enough anime.

News

It's Chatwin vs. Marsters in Dragon Ball Z
Source: Variety
November 14, 2007

20th Century Fox has set Justin Chatwin (The Invisible, War of the Worlds) to play Goku and James Marsters ("Smallville," "Angel," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") as the villain Piccolo in Dragon Ball Z.

In the big screen adaptation, Goku is a powerful warrior who protects the Earth from an endless stream of rogues bent on dominating the universe and controlling the mystical objects from which the film takes its name.

Actor/writer/director Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle) is producing. Final Destination helmer James Wong will direct from a script he wrote. Ben Ramsey wrote an earlier draft.

The story is based on Akira Toriyama's popular manga that has spawned graphic novels, a long-running TV series and more than 25 video games. The Jump Comics division of Tokyo-based Shueisha published the "Dragon Ball" manga.

With shooting scheduled to begin later this month, Fox will bow the sci-fi/adventure worldwide Aug. 15. Chatwin has already begun training with 87Eleven, the stunt performance company behind the action sequences in The Matrix, The Bourne Supremacy,Mr. & Mrs. Smith and 300.

James Marsters in DBZ! that is ****ing cool for me

Non-asian actors = lame.

Not really , While it would be cool to have them this is an American film based on it. It's like saying how dare they make Anime versions of western cartoons.

Besides I thought you hated DBZ so why do you care?

Not really , While it would be cool to have them this is an American film based on it. It's like saying how dare they make Anime versions of western cartoons.

Besides I thought you hated DBZ so why do you care?

I enjoyed the show, I just know this movie is gonna suck

It would be better if you superimposed anime eyes anytime you saw their face or those huge sweat marks.

I enjoyed the show, I just know this movie is gonna suck

I think it could be as good if not better than Spider-man and X-men films.

I think it could be as good if not better than Spider-man and X-men films.

Lol.:lol: Maybe if Coppola directed, or if Kubrick came back to life and directed (actually, it's kind of ironic, most adaptations that Kubrick did were not well-liked by the creator of the source material - The Shining and A Clockwork Orange, for example).

They're talking about the movie on Attack of the Show. The fact that Goku is being played by an American is....freaking stupid.

Justin Chatwin, the guy playing Goku, was in David Goyer's The Invisible. He actually looks a lot like how I would imagine Goku to look, only he's missing one key feature. HE'S NOT ****ING ASIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....Actually, I guess it really doesn't matter that much since he's an alien. But still....how would you not know that you weren't related to an old Asian-looking dude (Grandpa Gohan).

Last edited:

Lol.:lol: Maybe if Coppola directed, or if Kubrick came back to life and directed (actually, it's kind of ironic, most adaptations that Kubrick did were not well-liked by the creator of the source material - The Shining and A Clockwork Orange, for example).

They're talking about the movie on Attack of the Show. The fact that Goku is being played by an American is....freaking stupid.

Justin Chatwin, the guy playing Goku, was in David Goyer's The Invisible. He actually looks a lot like how I would imagine Goku to look, only he's missing one key feature. HE'S NOT ****ING ASIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....Actually, I guess it really doesn't matter that much since he's an alien. But still....how would you not know that you weren't related to an old Asian-looking dude (Grandpa Gohan).

But Goku isnt Asian.He's an Alien

Latest posts

Back