Dreamcasting # 11 - Justice Society Of America

I like his Morgan Freeman as Flash, though the story he was referring to, Little Black Sambo, was the subject of much controversy when it was released in 1899 because the boy on the cover was depicted as a black kid with an afro and big lips, and apparently "sambo" is a racial slur for black people. I did some research (Wikipedia).

That's part of the point.

I can only say that Bass' JSA movie is the best movie in the history of ever-everness.

[Morgan Freeman + Sylvester Stallone + Robert Redford] x Brad Pitt = Movie History

You ****ing know it.

Its not over yet.

The Round is over on Tuesday, Votes Tallied Wednesday, and Winner announced Thursday.

Its not over yet.

The Round is over on Tuesday, Votes Tallied Wednesday, and Winner announced Thursday.

Where's the poll?

Have people been pm-ing their votes to bluebeast?

Silly people. We have the technology! I thought it was much easier to just make a poll once bluebeast finished up his dreamcast from our dreamcasts. Do people prefer the pm-ing thing? I'm quite happy to set up the poll (I don't know if non-mods can, it's under thread tools) - is that preferred or not?

I prefer PM's honestly... It leaves a little suspense... Plus, then you just announce the winner, rather than telling so-and-so that they only got one or no votes. I just think its a better idea in general, because you never know whether a person is going to take it personally that they weren't voted for... For all they know, they could have been coming in second...

Also: Voting doesn't begin until end of the day on Tuesday, when the deadline for final entries is over. PM BlueBeast if for some reason you wont be able to submit a vote on wednesday.

Last edited:
Alright, voting begins at 12 tonight and ends at 12 on Wednesday. Vote people vote!

I found the voting in this really difficult.

Also, I was amazed there were only four entries. I thought we had many more, but that I think is a testament to how good everyone's entries were.

I felt Compound's cast works on paper better than it would on film. I don't think the Alan Arkin-Anthony Hopkins-Harvey Kietal dynamic opposite Rip Torn would actually work too well.

I thought Tog's cast was particularly brilliant in Jeremy Irons, Lawrence Fishburne, and Russel Crowe (the last is particularly brilliant). I felt though, the problem with his cast was the main trio (DeNiro with Rourke and Sutherland doesn't work for me) and he didn't cast a villain, which makes it hard for me to imagine the climax of the film.

And DSF's cast I felt was too Buffy-orientated (Faith, Dawn, AND, Buffy?) and I think Al Pacino is almost always a mistake - but the rest of his cast was absolutely superb.

In the end I went for DSF (PM'd Bluebeast) simply because I feel the heart of the film will be the trio versus whatever villain (Savage, Mordru), and DSF I think had the best cast on that level of the three.

But damn, I didn't care for the JSA before this thread; now I want a movie. These were all fantastic entries in my opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah, i realized that I buffied the hell out of my cast a little too late, but *shrug* whatevah.

In the end, the one of the three that i'd most likely recast would be Sarah Michelle Gellar, since she's a bit old to play Stargirl these days (though i do think back in the day, she would have nailed it)

I found the voting in this really difficult.

Also, I was amazed there were only four entries. I thought we had many more, but that I think is a testament to how good everyone's entries were.

I felt Compound's cast works on paper better than it would on film. I don't think the Alan Arkin-Anthony Hopkins-Harvey Kietal dynamic opposite Rip Torn would actually work too well.

I thought Tog's cast was particularly brilliant in Jeremy Irons, Lawrence Fishburne, and Russel Crowe (the last is particularly brilliant). I felt though, the problem with his cast was the main trio (DeNiro with Rourke and Sutherland doesn't work for me) and he didn't cast a villain, which makes it hard for me to imagine the climax of the film.

And DSF's cast I felt was too Buffy-orientated (Faith, Dawn, AND, Buffy?) and I think Al Pacino is almost always a mistake - but the rest of his cast was absolutely superb.

In the end I went for DSF (PM'd Bluebeast) simply because I feel the heart of the film will be the trio versus whatever villain (Savage, Mordru), and DSF I think had the best cast on that level of the three.

But damn, I didn't care for the JSA before this thread; now I want a movie. These were all fantastic entries in my opinion.

Yah, I think DC should drop their plans for anything else and just make a JSA movie now. Course then everyone would say it's a blatant JLA rip-off. Oh and we're PMing.

Last edited:
WHAT?!

I WAS ROBBED! I'm so the best there's ever been at this game!

I knew I should've resigned undefeated.

:cry:

Real men cry tears of bitterness. :cry:

Great dreamcasting round guys, well done Bluebeast on the topic! :D

Last edited:
WHAT?!

I WAS ROBBED! I'm so the best there's ever been at this game!

I knew I should've resigned undefeated.

:cry:

Real men cry tears of bitterness. :cry:

Great dreamcasting round guys, well done Bluebeast on the topic! :D

The only problem was only 5 people voted! And it was only the people who participated in the round. I'm excited for DSF's round.

Latest posts

Back