Dreamcasting # 12 - The Flash

Everyone has some great choices...

Tim Curry as Cold is ****in brilliant. And I didn't even know there was an actress named Linda Park that looks like Linda Park. That's almost a nobrainer.

I like Campbell can play everyone to you guys. I don't see him as Flash.

And Crispin as Murmur. That would rock. And I like your choice of Owen as the Mirror Master. I didn't see it until your comment about him in the mirror. I could so see that.

Clive Owen can play one creepy bastard.

I don't really read the Flash comics. So I'm kind of casting blind here (you can probably tell).

Wally West - Gale Harold
Alright, I wouldn't say he's the perfect Wally but I'd rather have this guy as Wally than Ryan Reynolds (the Amityville remake and Blade Trinity both sucked). He has kind of the right look. He's not necessarily a pretty-boy, but he has the acting chops to get the job done.
Gale.jpg

Barry Allen - Sean Gullette
This one is tough. I think Sean Gullette would make a good Barry, based on his performance in Darren Aronofsky's Pi. I originally thought he looked too menacing to play Barry, instead favoring him for Zoom, but I can't think of anyone else to play Barry.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0347797/

Linda Park - Grace Park
I'm pissed I didn't do this sooner. Linda Park was perfect. But Grace Park will do just fine. Oh yeah (I picked Grace Park because she's Korean, like the character - the real Linda Park is Korean also).
photo3.jpg

photo1.jpg

Pied Piper - Billy Boyd
I don't really understand this guy. This guy fits I guess.
193961-12.gif

Captain Cold - Hugh Laurie
He just reminds me of him.
icecream.jpg

Mirror Master - Tommy Flanagan
I wanted to cast a Scottish actor, and I couldn't think of anyone who was about the right age but wasn't a big name. Kevin McKidd would be my first choice, but this guy can work too. He's made small appearances in Gladiator, Sin City, and Smokin' Aces. Unfortunately, there are no pics of this guy on Photobucket. But here's his imdb profile:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281107/

Captain Boomerang - Colm Meaney
Alright, Meaney is Irish, not Australian, but I think he would make a good Boomerang because of his ******* personality in Con Air, and his looks. I would also go with Anthony Zerbe.
ColmMeaney.jpg

Zoom - Rufus Sewell
I dunno, this guy just has the right look. He's got this evil look to him.
rufus1.jpg

a27c3a55.jpg

Jay Garrick - Malcolm McDowell
I was looking Jay up on Wikipedia and saw an Alex Ross drawing of him. They look similar. And McDowell is a veteran actor. I can't find the right pic of him though.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000532/

Last edited:
I have to say I'm proud of my casting choices for Wally, Barry, Linda, and Zoom. I didn't think casting would be this tough.

Kneel before my superior casting choices!

Last edited:
Pshh, my Rogues have it over everyone. And Ryan Reynolds is not a crappy actor.

Pshh, my Rogues have it over everyone. And Ryan Reynolds is not a crappy actor.

Well, Ryan Reynolds is kind of a cheap move there. I mean, Goyer has already expressed interest in casting Reynolds as Wally, so you kind of stole that. It wasn't really your idea.

I took the time to make different casting choices than everyone else. See, Hugo Weaving was perfect for Boomerang, but I noticed he was already picked. So I chose Colm Meaney and Anthony Zerbe instead. And with Linda, I went with Grace Park instead of the real Linda Park, because the real Linda was already picked and she's Korean. And Hugh Laurie? C'mon. He was like the only person left for that role.

Also, go watch Pi. Sean Gullette as Barry is perfect.

Last edited:
Well, Ryan Reynolds is kind of a cheap move there. I mean, Goyer has already expressed interest in casting Reynolds as Wally, so you kind of stole that. It wasn't really your idea.

I took the time to make different casting choices than everyone else. See, Hugo Weaving was perfect for Boomerang, but I noticed he was already picked. So I chose Colm Meaney and Anthony Zerbe instead. And with Linda, I went with Grace Park instead of the real Linda Park, because the real Linda was already picked and she's Korean. And Hugh Laurie? C'mon. He was like the only person left for that role.

Also, go watch Pi. Sean Gullette as Barry is perfect.

Reynolds hasn't confirmed to anything, he's just the front runner. I think he's the best guy but there have also been good choices as well for Wally. Oh and thanks for the thing about Boomerang, I mean Weaving even looks like Digger.

I love Langsta's Captain Cold and Boomerang choices. Those are GREAT!

As is the Hugh Laurie picture. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Langsta's Captain Cold and Boomerang choices. Those are GREAT!

As is the Hugh Laurie picture. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks. I didn't realize that pic would be so big, but it's just so purdy.

UC went down when I went to post my cast... :(

Okay, my Flash movie starts off with the origin of Barry Allen. He's mixing the chemicals, gets struck by lighting. Screen goes black. Title appears, and then we cut to the death of Barry Allen. He's been beaten badly, it's raining, and he's dying. He dies alone.

We're introduced to Wally West, his beautiful girlfriend Linda Park, and then he finds out that Barry Allen has been murdered. We get a few flashback scenes, such as a young Wally moving in with his aunt Iris and her husband, Barry; Wally discovering Barry's Flash costume; Wally being struck by the lighting in the exact same spot Barry was; Wally gaining his own Kid Flash costume and being a sidekick…

Wally decides to take up the mantle of The Flash and avenge his mentor. This is when we're introduced to the Rogue's, who are panicking. They got together one last time to pull off a massive heist, but The Flash stopped them all. And then another Flash appeared, and murdered The Flash in front of them…

Wally West tracks down each of the Rogues, fights and beats each one, and gains a new clue. Each of the Rogue's blame the death on each other – they think Pied Piper is manipulating them into thinking the Flash was killed by another Flash – they think it was another illusion by the Mirror Master etc.

Wally begins to tire himself out, and that's when the other Flash appears. He wears opposite colours and refers to himself as Zoom. They fight, and Wally loses. Just before the Flash kills Wally, he unmasks and reveals himself to be Hunter Zolomon. He explains how he travelled back from the future to defeat Barry Allen and to take his place. He manipulated all of the Rogues into tiring out Barry and Wally, and now he's here to take their place.

Wally sums up all of his last remaining power to fight Hunter Zolomon, and in the process the two enter the Speed Force. Wally is confronted by Barry, who gives him his speed. Wally then vibrates through Zoom, killing him.

The movie ends with Wally West becoming the new Flash officially, and the formation of a new Rogues group…

98m.jpg

Wally West, The Flash III - Jensen Ackles. I think he looks like Wally West, and his character in Supernatural, Dean Winchester, acts like Wally West. He's young, he's good, and he's fun. He'd make a good Wally.

10m.jpg

Barry Allen, The Flash II - I'm not sure who would play Barry Allen, because in my movie he's not really in it, apart from the odd flashback... so I thought it would be a neat reference to bring in John Wesley Shipp, who played Barry Allen in The Flash TV series.

38m.jpg

Linda Park - Kristen Kreuk. I agree with TOG. I think she'd be perfect for this.

48m.jpg

Pied Piper - I think Paul Bettany is a brilliant choice but I don't want to steal others, so... Haley Joel Osment. I picture Pied Piper being the youngest of the rogue's, he's gay, he's insecure, and he doesn't know what he's doing. And yes, that's a terrible picture, but I couldn't get the one I wanted and I wanted them to all be the same size.

08m.jpg

Len Snart, Captain Cold - I think the other choices for this are brilliant, but I wanted something unique. I think Captain Cold should be a washed up supervillain in his late 40's who's trying to pull off that one last crime so he can live peacefully ever after. He should be cold and calculating. It makes me think of Simon McBurney, whose role in The Manchurian Candidate (2004) terrified me. I think he'd be great as Captain Cold.

22m.jpg

Evan McCulluch, Mirror Master - Clive Owen. I did have someone else, but I've forgotten him. But Clive Owen is superb.

38m.jpg

Digger Harkness, Captain Boomerang - I think either Hugh Jackman or David Wenham would be great choices, but we most as well throw another Australian in: Eric Bana. He played Bruce Banner, but that movie sucked. He's going to play the comedic Captain Boomerang, who's dirty, smells, and carries lots of explosives.

38m.jpg

Hunter Zolomon, Zoom - The big reveal of the movie, when the two Flashes are having a showdown, concludes with Zoom unmasking himself to reveal... Wally West?! No, not Wally West, but a prototype clone... So Zoom would be played by Ackles as well, but with enough tweaked CGI to look different. Actually, I don't like that idea much. I want Christian Bale. Just because I want Christian Bale to play more villains.

Last edited:
Proj, your Wally, Pied Piper, and Captain Cold choices are very interesting. However, John Wesley Shipp looks a little old to play Barry....Also, is Haley Joel Osment still a little kid?

Christian Bale deserves to be in every movie, period.

Last edited:
Proj, your Wally, Pied Piper, and Captain Cold choices are very interesting. However, John Wesley Shipp looks a little old to play Barry....Also, is Haley Joel Osment still a little kid?

CGI can work wonders with ages.

Also, I think Osment is around 20 now.

Latest posts

Back