Dreamcasting # 12 - The Flash

Okay, my Flash movie starts off with the origin of Barry Allen. He's mixing the chemicals, gets struck by lighting. Screen goes black. Title appears, and then we cut to the death of Barry Allen. He's been beaten badly, it's raining, and he's dying. He dies alone.

That is a superb beginning.

Last edited:
Proj, get different pictures, none of them work

(also: Great Cast)

Last edited:
SO far, I liek Project's cast the best

Bass had a good mix of comedic actors. His casting of Captain Cold and Zoom were brillant

Doom casting of Mirror Master was top notch though.

This will be a tough one to vote for.

Screw you all. Vote for me.

My dreamcasting choice would be legendary.

Proj agrees. And if he wins, he better not steal it.

SO far, I liek Project's cast the best

Bass had a good mix of comedic actors. His casting of Captain Cold and Zoom were brillant

Doom casting of Mirror Master was top notch though.

This will be a tough one to vote for.

You didn't have to comment on my cast....:cry:

It's my first cast, btw.

Also, none of my picks have been in a comic book / superhero movie before, so you won't be watching Hannibal King play Wally or Batman playing Zoom. Or Hulk playing Captain Boomerang. Or Lana Lang playing Linda Park.

Vote for Langsta.

Langsta offers you his protection.

If you vote for me, all of your wildest dreams will come true.

Last edited:
Proj, get different pictures, none of them work

(also: Great Cast)

I was lazy and just grabbed the IMDb main ones. And then UC went down for 2 hours just as I went to post it and I couldn't be bothered changing them.

Also, if I win, I will be stealing TOG's idea for the next dreamcast.

I was lazy and just grabbed the IMDb main ones. And then UC went down for 2 hours just as I went to post it and I couldn't be bothered changing them.

Also, if I win, I will be stealing TOG's idea for the next dreamcast.

You can't.

Well if you start it, than I can compete in it...

hmmmm....

Last edited:
I assume you mean "compete"

Also: I'm going to be cutting this round two days short, because of WizardWorld Chicago

Tuesday the 7th will be the last day for entering a cast.

From 12:01 AM - 11:59 PM CST on Wednesday the 8th you will all send me PMs telling me which cast you like best.

The Winner will be announced shortly thereafter, and will hopefully start the next round before I head down to WW:Chicago, so I can consider how best to win it.

The Current Entries

bluebeast
SSJmole
Bass
Victor Von Doom
thee great one
Langsta
ProjectX2

I think I might do a compilation cast with some of my own choices, but we'll have to see...

Last edited:
The Flash - DSF's Cast That Can't Win, But Should

ewan_mcgregor13.jpg

Wally West, The Flash III - Ewan McGregor - I picture the opening to the film being narrated by Wally, explaining how his uncle had been exposed to the lightning while working in a Forensics Lab... He'll explain how he found out about Barry, how he idolized him, and then that the lightning struck twice, and he got the same powers, becoming the sidekick to the hero. I'm not entirely sure how much I like this choice, but despite Mole's usual tastes, I think he's on to somethink here... McGregor has a bit of a look of wonder in everything that he does, something where you can see the kid inside him... Something I imagine would come into play with a former sidekick, yet he can also play the darker side of Wally, the one that's insecure about whether he can ever surpass his Uncle. When the film jumps ahead, he will have been the Flash for the past five years.

003a%7E33.jpg

Young Wally West, Kid Flash - Bobby Edner - Edner's primarily played geekish young characters, mostly in guest roles, which I think fits a young Wally Perfectly... The Flash Fanboy who actually lives the dream of becoming the sidekick.

barney.jpg

Barry Allen, The Flash II - Neil Patrick Harris - Harris is one of those rare modern men who maintain a slightly classic look which would play into him performing. People know him best from HIMYM, but the roles he's played primarily in Musicals that I'm most familiar with him in show that he's great at performing compassionate characters. I think Barry Allen will feature at the beginning of the movie, the beloved hero of Central City, we'll see him fight the Rogues in a bit of a montage... but then it'll (as Proj suggested) cut to his death. There will be other flashbacks later, but honestly, I've had NPH pegged as Barry for a LONG time.

kristin-kreuk.jpg

Linda Park - Kristen Kreuk - In the movie I think she'll be the high school sweetheart of Wally, having known about his abilities every step of the way... I do think that she might die, or at the very least, Zoom will give her the Miscarraige that he did in the comics... Kreuk just has the look, and I agree that she has the skill, but just hasn't quite used it yet.

ryan_phillipe.jpg

Pied Piper - Ryan Phillipe - The greatest roles in Phillipe's carreer have been him playing the ******* character, but he's gotten damn good at being a nice guy too. This makes him a perfect choice to play a reformed criminal... Plus he can play an emotional, gay, character, without turning him into a steretype.

47i5kdc.jpg

Len Snart, Captain Cold - Hugh Laurie - I have to say that this is such a perfect choice... The more I think about it, the more I like it. Plus, look at his eyes... His icy Blue-Gray Eyes... it's perfect.

011a.jpg

Evan McCulluch, Mirror Master - Robert Carlyle - The ultraviolent scottish brute, Begbie, in Trainspotting... Carlyle, unlike most of the other choices, isn't this handsome guy, he's just creepy, and scary, and by far the LAST person you'd want staring at you through your mirrors...

Hugh_Jackman.jpg

Digger Harkness, Captain Boomerang - Hugh Jackman - Harkness is a figure in Advertising, and Supervillainy starts out as more of a hobby than anything else... He wants to be a cool supervillain, and is absolutely full of himself. Jackman makes perfect sense as the vain, arrogant, Captain Boomerang...

0168d53e.jpg

Hunter Zolomon, Zoom - Timothy Olyphant - In rewriting Zoom's history a bit, I'll place Hunter Zolomon as one of Barry Allen's co-workers, and the member of the police force who is most helpful to Wally in hunting down the Rogues. I think Zolomon will have replicated the test that gave Allen his powers, testing it on Wally, and then using it on himself. He is the one who pushed Barry into the Speed Force all those years ago, killing him, and has been using his powers to keep the Rogues active for years, finally donning the Reverse Flash costume in an attempt to defeat and kill Wally before the greatest heist of his life. Project nailed this one... I dont think I need to go further into it. He has the intensity, he has the good guy quality to throw you off... and yeah, I think he's a great choice, all around

Yes, I know, I'm using the lead from Mole's cast, which is close to a sin, but were it not for the idiotic choices of Boatman, and Cuba Gooding Jr., Mole has a pretty solid cast, I think... If only by accident.

I might do some other characters later... Jesse Quick and whatnot. I might not. I am very tired now.

Yes, I know, I'm using the lead from Mole's cast, which is close to a sin, but were it not for the idiotic choices of Boatman, and Cuba Gooding Jr., Mole has a pretty solid cast, I think... If only by accident.

Hey now to be fair I've gotten better at dreamcasting and made those two mistakes based on a misunderstanding :lol: Besides just because one person used a choice shouldn't stop you using it if you liked it.

and I liked your cast looking through them

The Flash - DSF's Cast That Can't Win, But Should

Wally West, The Flash III - Ewan McGregor - I picture the opening to the film being narrated by Wally, explaining how his uncle had been exposed to the lightning while working in a Forensics Lab... He'll explain how he found out about Barry, how he idolized him, and then that the lightning struck twice, and he got the same powers, becoming the sidekick to the hero. I'm not entirely sure how much I like this choice, but despite Mole's usual tastes, I think he's on to somethink here... McGregor has a bit of a look of wonder in everything that he does, something where you can see the kid inside him... Something I imagine would come into play with a former sidekick, yet he can also play the darker side of Wally, the one that's insecure about whether he can ever surpass his Uncle. When the film jumps ahead, he will have been the Flash for the past five years.
Young Wally West, Kid Flash - Bobby Edner - Edner's primarily played geekish young characters, mostly in guest roles, which I think fits a young Wally Perfectly... The Flash Fanboy who actually lives the dream of becoming the sidekick.
Barry Allen, The Flash II - Neil Patrick Harris - Harris is one of those rare modern men who maintain a slightly classic look which would play into him performing. People know him best from HIMYM, but the roles he's played primarily in Musicals that I'm most familiar with him in show that he's great at performing compassionate characters. I think Barry Allen will feature at the beginning of the movie, the beloved hero of Central City, we'll see him fight the Rogues in a bit of a montage... but then it'll (as Proj suggested) cut to his death. There will be other flashbacks later, but honestly, I've had NPH pegged as Barry for a LONG time.
Linda Park - Kristen Kreuk - In the movie I think she'll be the high school sweetheart of Wally, having known about his abilities every step of the way... I do think that she might die, or at the very least, Zoom will give her the Miscarraige that he did in the comics... Kreuk just has the look, and I agree that she has the skill, but just hasn't quite used it yet.
Pied Piper - Ryan Phillipe - The greatest roles in Phillipe's carreer have been him playing the ******* character, but he's gotten damn good at being a nice guy too. This makes him a perfect choice to play a reformed criminal... Plus he can play an emotional, gay, character, without turning him into a steretype.
Len Snart, Captain Cold - Hugh Laurie - I have to say that this is such a perfect choice... The more I think about it, the more I like it. Plus, look at his eyes... His icy Blue-Gray Eyes... it's perfect.
Evan McCulluch, Mirror Master - Robert Carlyle - The ultraviolent scottish brute, Begbie, in Trainspotting... Carlyle, unlike most of the other choices, isn't this handsome guy, he's just creepy, and scary, and by far the LAST person you'd want staring at you through your mirrors...
Digger Harkness, Captain Boomerang - Hugh Jackman - Harkness is a figure in Advertising, and Supervillainy starts out as more of a hobby than anything else... He wants to be a cool supervillain, and is absolutely full of himself. Jackman makes perfect sense as the vain, arrogant, Captain Boomerang...
Hunter Zolomon, Zoom - Timothy Olyphant - In rewriting Zoom's history a bit, I'll place Hunter Zolomon as one of Barry Allen's co-workers, and the member of the police force who is most helpful to Wally in hunting down the Rogues. I think Zolomon will have replicated the test that gave Allen his powers, testing it on Wally, and then using it on himself. He is the one who pushed Barry into the Speed Force all those years ago, killing him, and has been using his powers to keep the Rogues active for years, finally donning the Reverse Flash costume in an attempt to defeat and kill Wally before the greatest heist of his life. Project nailed this one... I dont think I need to go further into it. He has the intensity, he has the good guy quality to throw you off... and yeah, I think he's a great choice, all around

This is a superb cast. I don't know if NPH is fit for Barry, he seems a lot like Wally, personality-wise. Actually, the more that I think about it, the more he reminds me of Barry. That pic of "Bobby Edner" looks like a mugshot, I'm afraid to say. Ryan Phillipe as Pied Piper is great casting. Your Mirrormaster and Zoom are great. Your Captain Cold is perfect.

Last edited:
Hugh Laurie and Ewan McGregor are definately great pics.

BUT LINDA PARK IS LINDA PARK! It's her name! :crazy:

I think David Tennant is an excellent choice for Mirror Master. I think getting the Begbie guy to play him would put me off because he's begbie, and begbies scary...kinda like how shadow cat scared me after I saw the actress in Hard Candy.

why dont we have it where we vote for who pegged each character best, and then take the winner by who got the most votes overall??

i like some from a bunch of different lists.

why dont we have it where we vote for who pegged each character best, and then take the winner by who got the most votes overall??

i like some from a bunch of different lists.

Meh, its too complicated that way, too many variables, too many people saying "i like both of these choices" or "i dont like any of the choices for ____"

Plus, the challenge is to come up with the best solid cast overall, if people were just going for single parts of the cast it would throw off the game. Its a bigger challenge, and a far more interesting one, to have people think about who would work best with whomever else...

Meh, its too complicated that way, too many variables, too many people saying "i like both of these choices" or "i dont like any of the choices for ____"

Plus, the challenge is to come up with the best solid cast overall, if people were just going for single parts of the cast it would throw off the game. Its a bigger challenge, and a far more interesting one, to have people think about who would work best with whomever else...

fair enough.
but maybe we should try it sometime anyways... :-/

Latest posts

Back