Dreamcasting # 16 - Further Entries in the Batman Begins Franchise

Mr. Freeze- Ed Harris
That icy stare, the creepy voice, the broken heart. Ed Harris is just plain awesome, see him make Freeze even more awesome.
246454~Ed-Harris-Posters.jpg

Clayface- Steve Buscemi
I want this to be the Basil Karlo version. Make him this unattractive horrible actor before he gets the powers and that would be Buscemi to a tee. Now imagine his voice coming out of a pile of mud and you have yourself Batman's personal monster.
23busc184_1.jpg

Black Mask- Adam Baldwin
Have a badass play a badass. Baldwin's got the chops and the cajones to play the ultra tough mob boss of Gotham City. Until he gets shot in the head by Catwoman.
0000019694_20060921144350.jpg

Bane- Dwayne The Rock Johnson
What people forget about Bane is that he's probably Batman's smartest enemy. By all means he should be Batman's greatest enemy but he gets cocky. Have the Rock bring his stage prescence, hidden intellegence and physique to play the mercenary.
preview_djgqout06.jpg

Dr. Harleen Quinzel- Rose McGowan
Porceline skin, bubbly personality and a kickass other side, Harley Quinn shouldn't be the Joker's lacky but she is. McGowan can play her mixture of sexy and crazy.
rose-mcgowan-picture-1.jpg

Dr. Jeremiah Arkham- John Turturro
I'd like to think that Arkham's demented enough to think that he can cure the Joker, Poison Ivy, etc. He wouldn't be a raving lunatic like Turturro sometimes is, but I could see Arkham snapping after a massive breakout of the Asylum. A trait Tutturro is excellent at.
2330306647.jpg

Crispus Allen- Dennis Haysbert
Haysbert plays a tough cool guy on the Unit. I think he can bring Allen to life in flashbacks with him and Montoya. All I have to say is picture his voice coming out of the Spectre.
255298~Dennis-Haysbert-Posters.jpg

These next two would be used for Batman several years down the road. Possibly in a Dark Night Returns esque movie

Batgirl/Oracle- Blake Lively
I'm thinking that Batgirl should be a cautionary tale. She's the young 18 year old daughter of Gordon who decides to be a hero like the Batman. But on her first night out she gets two bullets in the spine from the Joker. She then becomes an information broker to Batman. Lively might have valley girl looks, but she had the kind of intellegence in her roles that would fit this part.
blake-lively-picture-1.jpg

Nightwing- Milo Ventimiglia
If you have Dick Grayson in a Batman movie, make him Nightwing. Since this would be Batman several years later, you don't have to show him in the Robin suit but in the Nightwing garb, allude to Robin like a costume in the Batcave. Nightwing is the bright light in Batman's life, but he has a tough quality about him. Milo Ventimiglia has said his dream role is Nightwing, and he certanly has the experience in the comic book genre, I say he's our Nightwing.
milo-ventimiglia.jpg

Well that was hard.

No offense, but Mole's cast is all sorts of ridiculous.

Renee Montoya is latino, Allen is black, Bullock is fat. While those are really who the characters are, no. Just no.

And Ziyi Zhang as Talia would work, except that she is THE DAUGHTER OF LIAM NELSON!

Man, I hate this round. It kills my spirit.

However, Mole, your Penguin is perfect. Exactly the right man for the job. I know, I know, a lot of people think Philip Seymour Hoffman should be Penguin but I disagree. Hoffman's a great actor, no doubt, but Gandolfini as the Penguin makes the most sense when you look at the Chris Nolan Batman franchise.

A more realistic version of Gotham and it's crime bosses means you want someone convincing as a crime boss... and though it may be a bit of typecasting, Gandolfini is the go-to guy for that role at the moment. I would love to see a deformed Tony Soprano with the big nose, who is only called "Penguin" behind his back because... well... because bad things happen to people who call him the Penguin within earshot.

Again, perfect. Also, that picture of Scarlett Johansson that TOG posted makes my general stand at attention. Excuse me, I'm going to need a few minutes.

I want to say I didn't steal the Hoff from Proj but had it pegged long before this round. Just so you know I didn't steal anyone. And I could so picture a Hush or Nightfall storyline with this cast.

Thanks Willverine , I didn't think anyone would of liked any of my picks so thanks

I want to say I didn't steal the Hoff from Proj but had it pegged long before this round. Just so you know I didn't steal anyone. And I could so picture a Hush or Nightfall storyline with this cast.

I'm pretty sure it's the general favourite in the comic community.

Unless you make her mom also Asian.

I guess it could work...

I always considered Ken Watanabe's version of RAG as the Batman Begins version of Ubu.

Talia Head - Natalie Portman
She's the only person who can play this.

Selina Kyle/Catwoman - Gina Torres

Edward Nygma/The Riddler - Edward Norton?

Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin - David Suchet
He's actually quite perfect for this role.

Victor Fries - Ed Harris

Jeremiah Arkham - Malcolm McDowell

Portman could do it, but she is defenetly not the only person who could play Talia.

Latest posts

Back