Dreamcasting # 20: Green Lantern: Intergalactic Law Enforcement

No offence guys but can we add the rule where you can not change your cast once posted unless to add pics as iit is still the same people?

This essentially is a contest. Sure it's fun but look at actual contests. the entry you submit is final. Also like people have said if someone has used an actor we mostly don't copy them so by changing you you cost people in away more than one choice

not trying to make a big thing out of it just saying I think this should be a rule
It's a little annoying but I don't find it all that irritating. However, I agree, people should be a little more committed to what they put in their entry.

That said, I think its perfectly fine for people to cast the same actor in the same role that others have. If y'all wanna copy each other, feel free.

Hell I'd give some people the benefit of the doubt by assuming that they didn't see other people's casts. Lord knows, it's happened to me before that I cast someone somebody else already cast without knowing.

Last edited:
I think you can change your cast as much as you want before the deadline.

I'm not stealing anybodys. But whatever.

No no , I wasn't saying you were stealing someone's I meant that say I picked actor A , You come to make your cast and see that and may want to use but feel shouldn't so you use actor B I then change Actor A to actor C. Someone else wants to use Actor C but now feels they can't so go to D.

I didn't mean you were stealing dude. I meant because we don't want to steal choices it messes with who people can feel they can use.

Sorry if it sounded like I was accusing you of stealing cast members.

I just want Green Lantern to be the best cast ever,

And I think it's my worst and it's driving me crazy.

And as I far as I know this is really all I've done.

I threw it up so I wouldn't forgot to like I have before. Maybe I'll start compile it elsewhere.

Again wasn't trying to make a big thing out of Tog or pick on you for it I was just making a small suggestion , sorry.

Green Lantern: The Movie

244.mcconaughey.matthew.092506.jpg

Matthew McConaughey as Hal Jordan
When I look at McConaughey (Jesus, that's hard to spell consecutively) he always reminds me of Hal Jordan. I think it's something in the eyes. I think McConaughey could be a great actor, he just hasn't been given the proper character to play. So he is my Hal Jordan. I think he might be a bit too old in my movie (Jordan would be the rookie) but CGI can work wonders these days, and a Green Lantern movie will most likely be a majority of CGI.

transformers.jpg

Tyrese Gibson as John Stewart
John Stewart wouldn't actually be in my film (maybe in a sequel) but I'll cast him for competition's sake. I thought of Samuel L. Jackson, but I think he's far too big for the role. I'm picturing Stewart as a hardcore military man who's kicked out of the army for disobeying orders, and later on he's contacted by the GLC. Gibson played this kind of role in Transformers and he also looks the part.

MiloVentimiglia.jpg

Milo Ventimiglia as Kyle Rayner
Again, Hal Jordan would be the only Green Lantern from earth in my movie. However, I think Milo could play a Kyle Rayner well. I picture Kyle being nice and quiet and Milo's role in Heroes was quite similar at the beginning. Kyle would be a graphic designer who's wild imagination lets him create vast and insane images with the ring.

vendetta_portrait1.jpg

Hugo Weaving as Sinestro
Okay, Sinestro has to be terrifying. Weaving terrifies me. Sinestro would be mainly CGI, but would probably have facial features based on Weaving. Weaving, being the master speaker he is, would of course provide the chilling voice which would give Sinestro his terrifying edge. Also, I would have loved to see Peter Sellers as Sinestro. And now I'm thinking about David Bowie... which scares and confuses me.

nk05.jpg

Jason Flemying as Guy Gardner
Guy Gardner does nothing for me. But I've cast him anyway. I like the train of thought that TOG had when he said something about how all the earth GL's were from America. This was strange. I'm pretty sure two of them were even graphic designers. Which is even weirder. So I thought of a cynical British actor to play Guy, and based on an image, I picked Vinnie Jones. Then I thought of Jason Statham. Then I thought of his lanky counterpart in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Jason Flemying fits.

255298~Dennis-Haysbert-Posters.jpg

Dennis Haysbert as Kilowog
Kilowog would be entirely CGI but voiced by Haysbert. He did an excellent job voicing Kilowog in the animated universe, so I thought I'd carry it over to here. Also, you can't disqualify me, it's a different medium, biatches!

Kim Mai Guest as Katma Tui
She wouldn't be a main character in my movie, probably only a cameo or someone for Hal to flirt with. Guest voiced her well in the animated series, and since Katma Tui would be CGI, she can voice her here as well.

Someone as Isamot Kol
I have never heard of this guy. I think we'd be better off casting someone like Tomar Re. Anyone with a reptilian voice can play him, I guess. :?

Nobody as Abin Sur
Abin Sur would not speak in my film, and would only be seen in the first part of the movie. I like the idea of using Leonard Nimoy or Morgan Freeman though.

welles.jpg

Orson Welles as Ganthet
Ganthet would have a small role, but he's a major character. He's basically Yoda. I think recycling bits of Welles's dialogue and using it for Ganthet's voice would be neat.

My movie would basically revolve around Abin Sur being killed by a mysterious foe. His ring is passed to cocky pilot Hal Jordan, who is transported to Oa, centre of the Green Lantern Corps. He learns from Kilowog everything there is to know, from the mysterious Guardians who created the corps to the 3600 sectors. He meets his mentor, Sinestro, the greatest Green Lantern there ever was. Jordan slowly becomes a great Green Lantern under Sinestro's tutelage, but as the film goes on, the audience becomes more suspicious of Sinestro's actions. He is often meeting with Qwardian Weaponers and he is believed to have enslaved his home planet of Korugar. Eventually, Sinestro reveals his plan to Jordan: he plans to take over Oa and elect himself as dictator over the universe. Jordan confronts him, but Sinestro unleashes his new weapon: a yellow ring. He wields fear itself, and blasts Jordan into a moon.

Sinestro activates the Guardian's former attempts to establish peace throughout the universe: the Manhunters. An epic battle emerges through the universe as the Manhunters hunt down and destroy each Green Lantern. Sinestro slowly makes his way to Oa, collecting the rings of fallen members along the way.

Jordan is rescued by the mysterious Ganthet, the only original Guardian left, who inspires Jordan to defeat Sinestro. Jordan gathers a group of remaining Green Lanterns and they siege the captured Oa. Jordan engages in a battle of willpower with Sinestro: the two greatest Green Lantern there ever were. Sinestro reveals that fear is the ultimate weapon, while Jordan simply quips that he doesn't fear anything. Jordan then absorbs the central power battery on Oa, and uses it to destroy Sinestro's yellow power ring.

The movie ends with Sinestro being exiled to the anti-matter universe, Hal Jordan being named the greatest Green Lantern ever, and Ganthet sending rings out all over the universe. A few fall to earth, while Hal Jordan begins to deal with his growing power... and the voice in his head which calls itself PARALLAX...

EDIT: ****. I just went over the thread and noticed that a whole pile of people have the same John Stewart choice. And that voice actors can not reprise their role. Meh. I'll be disqualified then.

Last edited:
I love your synopsis for the movie Proj. I originally had your Jordan but I wanted someone who play more of a mentor role for the film. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks he can play Hal Jordan.

Wow....this round is taking forever.
I'll admit I feel the same way you do because I'm a Dreamcasting nutjob who would probably do this thrice a week.

But the round ends on the 20th. A week long is exactly how long I like the rounds to be. No more than that. And making it any less wouldn't be fair to everyone else.

SILENCE! I NEED MORE DREAMCASTING!

Actually since seeing "Beowulf" last night I had this idea of doing a big-screen adaptation of "Pride of Baghdad".

CGI of course. And good CGI like "Chronicles of Narnia" good. Not bad like "The Golden Compass" CGI. **** I hate those polar bears.

Voice casting dreamcasts are hard.

Last edited:
CGI of course. And good CGI like "Chronicles of Narnia" good. Not bad like "The Golden Compass" CGI. **** I hate those polar bears.
No amount of good CGI could save the fact that Chronicles of Narnia was crap.

Although, I'll admit the CGI in Narnia was great and the new footage of polar bears in Golden Compass being used in the TV spots is downright embarassing.

No amount of good CGI could save the fact that Chronicles of Narnia was crap.

Although, I'll admit the CGI in Narnia was great and the new footage of polar bears in Golden Compass being used in the TV spots is downright embarassing.

I thought Chronicles of Narnia was great. I loved it. Not just for cgi but all round I found it great

Bingo.

I'm envisioning my CGI anmals to look like the Narnian animals for their realistic appearance.

The round was supposed to end tomorrow, but I think we can start voting now.

Here are your competing entries, and my what an awesome aggregate of attempted amazingness they are.

SSJMole's entry - Starring Tyrese Gibson, Christopher Lambert, Freddy Rodriguez, John Travolta. Featuring Mads Mikkelsen as Sinestro.

Bass' entry - starring Mel Gibson, Samuel L. Jackson, Simon Pegg & Bruce Willis. Featuring Tom Selleck as Sinestro.

bluebeast's entry - starring Jim Caviezel, Josh Hartnett, Derek Luke & Timothy Olyphant. Featuring Alan Rickman as Sinestro.

TOG's entry - starring Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Ben Foster, Ian Somerhalder & Mark Wahlberg. Featuring Jeremy Irons as Sinestro. ( Also, Part 2 )

Langsta's entry - starring Taye Diggs, Cole Hauser, Jared Leto, & James Purefoy. Featuring Malcolm McDowell as Sinestro. ( Also, Part 2 )

Victor Von Doom's entry - starring Lucas Black, Tyrese Gibson, Walton Goggins & Dylan Walsh. Featuring Clive Owen as Sinestro.

Random's entry - starring Jesse Bradford, Roger Cross, Josh Duhamel & Kiefer Sutherland. Featuring Alan Tudyk as Sinestro.

marvelman's entry - starring Will Arnett, Gerard Butler, Josh Hartnett & Will Smith. Featuring Hugo Weaving as Sinestro.

DARKKNIGHT's entry - starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Djimon Hounsou, Hugh Jackman & Mark Valley. Featuring Jason Isaacs as Sinestro.

ProjectX2's entry - starring Jason Flemyng, Tyrese Gibson, Matthew McConaughey, & Milo Ventimiglia. Featuring Hugo Weaving as Sinestro.

VOTE NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back