Dreamcasting #23 - The Immortal Iron Fist (Round ends 12-22)

Lei Keng the Thunderer
Chow Yun Fat:
039_46242.jpg

i know he's not as physically imposing as Keng is, but i think he be great in a mentor role

Yu Ti the August Personage in Jade
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa:
1628.jpg

he would be great for Yu-Ti, he can play the sinister master type so well, hell even in Balls of Fury he pulled it off

Prince of Orphans
david-carradine-1.jpg

going on the common guess that the Prince is Wendell Rand, i'm going with an older guy with some experience in the action genre, and since Orson has anti-aging powers it would make sense for this character to be older than him, so i'm going with David Carradine

Jeryn Hogarth
Henry Winkler:
henry_winkler01new.jpg

after seeing him in Arrested development, i think Winkler should always play a lawyer, plus he's the frickin fonz

Mr. Xao
Russel Wong:
russ.jpg

for this part you need a guy who can be intimidating and make you think he could kick your *** while maintaining an all business style of composure, he showed this pinache in Romeo Must Die

Madame Hydra
Lena Headey:
co2.jpg

I wanted to incorparate another Marvel U character into this, and why not use it to establish why exactly Hydra is helping Xao, so you need a strong, woman, who can play deceptive roles, Lena Headey is my choice

Shang-Chi
Stephen Chow:
stephen_chow2.jpg

I know Shang isn't tightly connected to Iron Fist, but i'd like to incorparate him as a sort of sparring partner/confidant so Danny could emphasize that even with all his succes this is not his world Kun Lun is

I pretty much just took this and made it my own.

Danny Rand/Iron Fist V - Edward Burns
I don't think you have to be a martial arts expert to play Iron Fist (take Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman from Batman Begins for example). Acting ability is what I'm looking for. I think this guy has the right look to play Danny Rand.
EdwardBurns.jpg

Luke Cage - Chiwetel Ejiofor
Rand's partner-in-crime and fellow hero-for-hire.
chiwetel_l.jpg

Misty Knight - ????

Colleen Wing - ????

Orson Randall/Iron Fist IV - Michael Vartan
Vartan and Burns look a lot alike (I always thought that Burns looks like a mix between Michael Vartan and Matthew Fox).
michael_vartan_01.jpg

Bei Bang-Wen/Iron Fist III - Kang Dong Won
This Iron Fist was a revolutionary. He's pretty badass.
020194kang.jpg

Wu Ao-Shi/Iron Fist II/"The Pirate Fist of Pinghai Bay" - Zhao Wei
zhaowei01.jpg

Last edited:
And here's part two.

Bei Ming-Tian/Iron Fist I - Andy Lau
This guy was the first.
59bfe9b9.jpg

paper01.jpg

Davos the Steel Serpent - Hiroyuki Sanada
hirosan.jpg

Genghis Khan - Ken Watanabe or Bolo Yeung
Khan was Ming-Tian's main enemy. Now, Ken Watanabe is a badass mother****er. But Bolo Yeung is the epitome of badass. So, take your pick.
watanabe_l.jpg

BoloYeung.jpg

Runners-up for Bei Bang-Wen:
Tak Sakaguchi, Sorimachi Takashi, and Takeshi Kaneshiro
vlcsnap-19808.png

takashi-sorimachi-pic-0001.jpg

k1_jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Langsta. I think you should limit one actor per choice.

How do you expect people to vote on your choices when you have 3?

And that limits the people who don't like to have the same actors.

Langsta. I think you should limit one actor per choice.

How do you expect people to vote on your choices when you have 3?

And that limits the people who don't like to have the same actors.

I changed it by adding the three extra actors to the "runners-up" section, so they don't count.

Michael Vartan would actually be perfect for the role Danny Rand.

Remember that scene of Danny in that building and all the Hydra agents just show up and he's got that "O Rly" look on his face? I can totally see Vartan pulling that off.

Michael Vartan would actually be perfect for the role Danny Rand.

Remember that scene of Danny in that building and all the Hydra agents just show up and he's got that "O Rly" look on his face? I can totally see Vartan pulling that off.

(*quietly switches Michael Vartan's and Edward Burns' roles*)

Ok, here is my first Dreamcasting ever.

Chris Evans as Danny Rand aka The Immortal Iron Fist: I felt that Evans has the look of Danny and is perfectly capable of being serious when the role would call him to be.
chris_evans.jpg

Kiefer Sutherland as the former Iron Fist Orson Randall: Even though Sutherland isn't that old Hollywood can take care of his looks. Personally I think that Bruce Willis was great for this role, but Sutherland is more than capable of handling the role of Orson.
244sutherlandkiefer09190.jpg

Chow Yun-Fat as Davos The Steel Serpent:Chow is no stranger to action movies and I think that pretty well matched casting. He'll just need to buff up a bit.
pirate_chow.jpg

Jamie Foxx as Luke Cage: I remember hearing that he was once sought after to play Luke in the movies but it never came to fruition. Foxx is perfect for making Luke come alive.
Foxx.jpg

Vivica A. Fox as Misty Knight: Has no problems with playing tough women, and as a plus she can deal with humor from her costars judging by her stint on Curb Your Enthusiam. Also, just imagine her yelling "I dare you! Say 'Hail Hydra!' one more mother-****ing time!", she's perfect!
vivicafoxlarge.jpg

Maggie Q as Colleen Wing: She looks Asian but not too Asian. Also, a decent actress.
MaggieQ_Steph_14397723_400.jpg

Yunjin Kim as Wo Sho Ai: Hey it's not Zhang Zi-yi or Kelly Hu! This is the woman from Lost for those that don't know. She's also cute, so she gets teh casting.
YunjinKim_Grani_12245982_400.jpg

EXTRA CASTING:

Christopher Lambert as Yu Ti the August Personage in Jade:
lambert.jpg

more later...if I feel like it.

YOU CAN NOT VOTE FOR THIS CAST

DannyRand.jpg

Danny Rand, Iron Fist - Michael Fassbender

Most of you would know him as the, "We will fight in the shade", guy from 300. From that proves he is no stranger to action movies and he is a little unknown. I'm sure this role would be helpful and that he could handle it.

Randall-1.jpg

Orson Randall, WWII-era Iron Fist - Viggo Mortensen

Remember the scene when the two swan assassin chicks attack Randall in his room. And he stands there dumbfounded and annoyed, now imagine Viggo doing it.

Wu-Ao-Shi-1.jpg

Wu-Ao-Shi, The Pirate Iron Fist of the 1500's - Zhang Ziyi

People do cast her a lot. This is the first time I have, and because she is perfect for the role. Shi was beautiful and deadly, and an a grace to her. Zhang's roles have the same kind of grace, I'm looking for,

Cage.jpg

Luke Cage - Taye Diggs

I didn't want to go with the popular Tyrese option. I think Diggs has the presence that Cage needs. Someone you take one look at and you know you don't want to **** with them.

MistyKnight-1.jpg

Misty Knight - Sydney Poitier

In the small part she had in Death Proof, Jungle Julie was very outspoken, and just oozed sexy. This is misty. I also think she call pull off the fro'.

Colleen1.jpg

Colleen Wing - Megan Fox

Because Collen is half japanese, she can go either way. I like the idea of her as a crazy white girl samurai. Fox would look great in that white jumpsuit with a sword and would also look good along side Poitier.

SteelSerpent-1.jpg

Davos, The Steel Serpent - Takeshi Kaneshiro

Best known for his role in the Onimusha games, but is also a big name in Japan. He has this odd look to him that creeps me out. I think he would look great in the purple mask.

NineSpiders.jpg

The Bride Of Nine Spiders - Bai Ling

One of the creepiest characters for sure. Ling looks exactly like The Bride should.​

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back