Dreamcasting #23 - The Immortal Iron Fist (Round ends 12-22)

No more bickering or you will be infracted. You guys know what i'm talking about.

Back on Topic.

The Immortal Iron Fist

Just to proove Iceshadow wrong...

Danny Rand: Ryan Reynolds
Ryan_Reynolds_blade3.jpg

Now I've only read Danny in Civil War and New Avengers but I get the feeling that of all the Marvel Knights he's the most well rounded. Danny's essentially a little kid who inherited the world when he became the Iron Fist and got his father's company. I like the fact that Danny's deep down a good person who wants to live up to the mantle that's put in front of him. While Ryan Reynolds doesn't have the martial arts regimen like some of the other actors suggested but he's got the spirit to play Danny. I want him to mix his light-hearted role in Just Friends with his ultra badass role in Smokin' Aces.

Orson Randall: Sean Bean
pict1.gif

I just watched the Fellowship of the Rings this weekend and I think that Bean's role as Borimir fits perfectly as what Randall is supposed to be. He's a good person but when you cut it down close he's not as strong as Danny really is. I think he would be a good fit to pass on the mantle to Rand.

Wu Ao-Shi: Devin Aoki
sun04_devin_ioki.jpg

Miho from Sin City as the past warrior. That'll do.

Luke Cage: Will Smith
will-smith-picture-1.jpg

If we're going by modern standards of Luke Cage then he needs to be the family man that Cage is. Smith's got the street background and the action movie experience to fill out this role to a tee.

Misty Knight: Naomie Harris
2073_155326485_4110327541078_H172422_L.jpg

I wanted to cast her in something after seeing Dead Man's Chest and I think this would be a very appropriate part for her.

Colleen Wing: Maggie Q
maggie-q-picture-1.jpg

I had this picked before I saw anyone else use. So great minds on this one I guess. And I think she just looks like Wing.

The Steel Serpent: Benicio Del Toro
benicio_del_toro_150.jpg

I don't know is he Asian? I think he probably is from the description I got and some of these choices but I'm going to pick Del Toro as the Serpent just for the fact that he can act the hell out of this and his voice is perfect for the twisted warrior.

There I did it.

The Immortal Iron Fist

Just to proove Iceshadow wrong...

Danny Rand: Ryan Reynolds
Ryan_Reynolds_blade3.jpg

Now I've only read Danny in Civil War and New Avengers but I get the feeling that of all the Marvel Knights he's the most well rounded. Danny's essentially a little kid who inherited the world when he became the Iron Fist and got his father's company. I like the fact that Danny's deep down a good person who wants to live up to the mantle that's put in front of him. While Ryan Reynolds doesn't have the martial arts regimen like some of the other actors suggested but he's got the spirit to play Danny. I want him to mix his light-hearted role in Just Friends with his ultra badass role in Smokin' Aces.

Orson Randall: Sean Bean
pict1.gif

I just watched the Fellowship of the Rings this weekend and I think that Bean's role as Borimir fits perfectly as what Randall is supposed to be. He's a good person but when you cut it down close he's not as strong as Danny really is. I think he would be a good fit to pass on the mantle to Rand.

Wu Ao-Shi: Devin Aoki
sun04_devin_ioki.jpg

Miho from Sin City as the past warrior. That'll do.

Luke Cage: Will Smith
will-smith-picture-1.jpg

If we're going by modern standards of Luke Cage then he needs to be the family man that Cage is. Smith's got the street background and the action movie experience to fill out this role to a tee.

Misty Knight: Naomie Harris
2073_155326485_4110327541078_H172422_L.jpg

I wanted to cast her in something after seeing Dead Man's Chest and I think this would be a very appropriate part for her.

Colleen Wing: Maggie Q
maggie-q-picture-1.jpg

I had this picked before I saw anyone else use. So great minds on this one I guess. And I think she just looks like Wing.

benicio_del_toro_150.jpg

I don't know is he Asian? I think he probably is from the description I got and some of these choices but I'm going to pick Del Toro as the Serpent just for the fact that he can act the hell out of this and his voice is perfect for the twisted warrior.

There I did it.

your choices are really good (tho Will Smith i don't agree with), i think Benicio would make a good Davos if they took a creative freedom with the character and made him unrelated to Lei Keng (maybe even make him Orson's son)

that Sean Bean picture reminds me of my second choice for Orson, Kurt Russel

benicio_del_toro_150.jpg

Does anyone else think he looks like asian brad pitt

your choices are really good (tho Will Smith i don't agree with), i think Benicio would make a good Davos if they took a creative freedom with the character and made him unrelated to Lei Keng (maybe even make him Orson's son)

that Sean Bean picture reminds me of my second choice for Orson, Kurt Russel

Thanks man. I wasn't sure of whether Randall was British or American so oh well. And with Cage I wanted the family man superhero as opposed to the thug life Cage. That's what Will Smith is to me.

You showed me bluebeast!

I like your cast except for Del Toro, and Bean, and great minds think alike on Colleen Wing.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think he looks like asian brad pitt

I once saw a picture of Del Toro and thought that he looked like a Hispanic Brad Pitt. But oddly enough, he looks and sounds different in every movie I've seen him in (off the top of my head, I've seen him in Hunted, Fear and Loathing, and Sin City).

I got bored adding two more to my cast

Bei Ming-Tian: The First Iron Fist
JohnWoo_Pimen_2726187_400.jpg

John Woo:
a cemeo role more than anything, John Woo would make a great cameo role

Bei Bang-Wen: The Iron Fist that went to India
sonny.jpg

Sonny Chiba:
since this wouldn't be much more than a cameo role i wanted to use a major kung-fu star that some wouldn't recognize, and Sonny Chiba is perfect

I want to do an entry but due to other stuff going on right now....I won't.

Maybe if this thread isn't locked, I'll post one after vacation just for the fun of it.

I just realized I have the graetest dreamcast round ever planned! You must vote for my awesomeness!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back