Dreamcasting: Adaptations #13 - Pride of Baghdad

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Behold My Moderatorish Decrees of Doom.....

1. The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2. Participants may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film/TV ones.

3. After the time period set by the moderator, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4. The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round.

You have been tasked to cast the voices for the big-screen CGI adaptation of....

PRIDE OF BAGHDAD

Obligatory Courtesy Wikipedia Link

Zill - The alpha male of the pride.
Noor - Young lioness, mother to Ali...she longs for freedom from the zoo.
Ali - The young cub.
Safa - an old-half blind lioness, who has become accustomed to captivity and views the human "keepers" as allies.
Fajer - A blood-thirsty bear.
...... - Whatever other secondary character from the story you choose. Whether it be the monkey king, antelope, turtle, etc.

Round ends on 7 Dec 07....winner announced 8 Dec 07.

Changed the title. What is it with everyone forgetting the number of the round these days?

I will definitely be casting this.

Curse you Doom! Ourchair is not ready!

I hope I can borrow a copy before this round ends.

That said, I hope we do more voice cast rounds.

Then you better hurry up and whore yourself out some more to get a copy!

I can't wait to see the obscure actors you cast.

Then you better hurry up and whore yourself out some more to get a copy!

I can't wait to see the obscure actors you cast.
Hello, my name is Dick 'Rene' Marcellus, and now I'm going to take a 12 year old child star and make her into a prostitute...

Not read it but I thought I would give it a try , Until I realsed 99% of my cast were Lion King voices. I even had James Earl Jones as Zill ...... So yeah I think it's best I stay out of this one :lol:

Curse you Doom! Ourchair is not ready!

I hope I can borrow a copy before this round ends.

That said, I hope we do more voice cast rounds.

It's not a big deal. It's brilliant until the last five pages where BKV gets all "poignant". :?

Last edited:
Not read it but I thought I would give it a try , Until I realsed 99% of my cast were Lion King voices. I even had James Earl Jones as Zill ...... So yeah I think it's best I stay out of this one :lol:

you know i was gonna come in a make a joke that simba should be cast as the main lion, but i guess you beat me. :lol:

you know i was gonna come in a make a joke that simba should be cast as the main lion, but i guess you beat me. :lol:

:lol: Except I wasn't joking. I seriously started doing a cast and "thought hmm this is going way faster than usual" then I looked and thought "oh crap it's all lion king people " :lol:

So we're casting a bunch of animals based on what we think their voices sound like? WHAT HAS THIS GAME COME TO?!?!?!?!:dead:

Zill - James Purefoy
Purefoy is an accomplished actor. I truly believe that he can pull off any role imaginable. So in this case, he'd have to bring his flawed hero qualities to the role to become the leader that is Zill.
edward.jpg

Noor - James Purefoy
Noor, young lioness who longs for freedom. You know what I think of when I think of freedom? You're damn right. Purefoy. Now, I know what you're thinking: Noor is a female. Well, like I said, I believe that Purefoy has the acting prowess to pull off any role. He would surpass the expectations of the audience and critics alike, adding to the tragic nature of this character.
edward12.jpg

Ali - James Purefoy
I haven't cast Purefoy in a while, and I think this is the role for him. He could pull of the lil' Lion with ease.
james1.jpg

Safa - James Purefoy
When I say Purefoy is a brilliant actor, I mean he's a brilliant ****ing actor. Purefoy can do blind. Purefoy can do female. Purefoy would own in this role.
james_knight.jpg

Fajer - James Purefoy
I cast Purefoy in this role because I think he has very bear-like qualities to him, which he can utilize in his performance as the killer bear. I think he can capture the brutal nature of Fajer.
purefoy.jpg

Bukk - James Purefoy
This lion from Safa's past would be played by none other than James Purefoy. I wasn't sure at first whether I should cast Purefoy in the role, but I think he'd do pretty good.
james_purefoy_large.jpg

Rashid - James Purefoy
James Purefoy will play the role of Rashid, a tortured lion. I feel confident that Purefoy has the balls the play this role.
james2.jpg

Zill - James Purefoy
Purefoy is an accomplished actor. I truly believe that he can pull off any role imaginable. So in this case, he'd have to bring his flawed hero qualities to the role to become the leader that is Zill.
edward.jpg

Noor - James Purefoy
Noor, young lioness who longs for freedom. You know what I think of when I think of freedom? You're damn right. Purefoy. Now, I know what you're thinking: Noor is a female. Well, like I said, I believe that Purefoy has the acting prowess to pull off any role. He would surpass the expectations of the audience and critics alike, adding to the tragic nature of this character.
edward12.jpg

Ali - James Purefoy
I haven't cast Purefoy in a while, and I think this is the role for him. He could pull of the lil' Lion with ease.
james1.jpg

Safa - James Purefoy
When I say Purefoy is a brilliant actor, I mean he's a brilliant ****ing actor. Purefoy can do blind. Purefoy can do female. Purefoy would own in this role.
james_knight.jpg

Fajer - James Purefoy
I cast Purefoy in this role because I think he has very bear-like qualities to him, which he can utilize in his performance as the killer bear. I think he can capture the brutal nature of Fajer.
purefoy.jpg

Bukk - James Purefoy
This lion from Safa's past would be played by none other than James Purefoy. I wasn't sure at first whether I should cast Purefoy in the role, but I think he'd do pretty good.
james_purefoy_large.jpg

Rashid - James Purefoy
James Purefoy will play the role of Rashid, a tortured lion. I feel confident that Purefoy has the balls the play this role.
james2.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

+500 Ourchair Points.

Gah!

I'm getting this for Christmas. Why couldn't you have done this round a month from now!
Zill - James Purefoy
edward.jpg

Noor - James Purefoy
edward12.jpg

Ali - James Purefoy
james1.jpg

Safa - James Purefoy
james_knight.jpg

Fajer - James Purefoy
purefoy.jpg

Bukk - James Purefoy
james_purefoy_large.jpg

Rashid - James Purefoy
james2.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Langsta wins.

Latest posts

Back