Dreamcasting: Adaptations #7 - The Venture Bros.

I've come up with a pretty solid believable cast. The only problems I'm having is with Hank and Dean. My knowledge of young actors is limited.....and finding 2 that could do the comedic naivete justice a little hard.

I've been thinking about this one all weekend.

220px-Steve_Buscemi_(1996).jpg

Dr.Thaddeus S. "Rusty" Venture - Steve Buscemi- This is the reason I started this one. I can't think of anyone who'd not be as perfect for the role as Buscemi.

ShiaLaBeou_Grani_11040709_400.jpg

Henry Allen "Hank" Venture - Shia LaBeouf - Crop his hair and dye it blonde and he'd be perfect for the not nearly as tough as he wants to be Hank Venture. Plus his head is nice and round...

topher_grace_100.jpg

Dean Venture - Topher Grace - The skinny, awkward lead of That 70s show was basicly playing a pot smoking version of the character. As long as he's willing to go back to his pre-Spiderman level of unbuffness he's perfect.

kurt-russell4.jpg

Brock Samson - Brock is the harderst person on this list ot cast since Pattrick Warbuton IS Brock Samson. I mean the man is huge. Having said that I've gone with the original Mulleted Super Man, Kurt Russel. Yeah, he's getting older, but if Harrison Ford can do another Indiana Jones than Russel can kill more crazy ****.

john_turturro_1.jpg

The Monarch - John Toturro - A little Toturro oddness and Giant Eyebrows. It'd be perfect

tyler-liv-photo-xxl-liv-tyler-6228250.jpg

Dr.Girlfriend - Liv Tyler, Voice of Kiefer Sutherland - Pretty obvious, Liv Tyler is quite hot and Kiefer Sutherland did the perfect version of the voice in Phonebooth. Just listen to this.

pro_c_GeoffreyRush.jpg

Dr. Orpheous - Geoffrey Rush - I really wanted Vincent Price for this. Unfortunately he's dead. So I went with the man that wonderfully reprized his role in the remake of The House on Haunted Hill (is ****ing Hilarious). I think he'd do a wonderful job of overacting the good Dr.

I'm going to try my hand at this...

Dr.Thaddeus S. "Rusty" Venture - Shia Labeouf

Henry Allen "Hank" Venture - Shia Labeouf

Dean Venture - Shia Labeouf

Brock Samson - Shia Labeouf

The Monarch - Shia Labeouf

Dr.Girlfriend - Shia Labeouf

The man is gold. He can play any role.

Dr.Thaddeus S. "Rusty" Venture - Steve Buscemi- This is the reason I started this one. I can't think of anyone who'd not be as perfect for the role as Buscemi.

Henry Allen "Hank" Venture - Shia LaBeouf - Crop his hair and dye it blonde and he'd be perfect for the not nearly as tough as he wants to be Hank Venture. Plus his head is nice and round...

Dean Venture - Topher Grace - The skinny, awkward lead of That 70s show was basicly playing a pot smoking version of the character. As long as he's willing to go back to his pre-Spiderman level of unbuffness he's perfect.

Brock Samson - Brock is the harderst person on this list ot cast since Pattrick Warbuton IS Brock Samson. I mean the man is huge. Having said that I've gone with the original Mulleted Super Man, Kurt Russel. Yeah, he's getting older, but if Harrison Ford can do another Indiana Jones than Russel can kill more crazy ****.

The Monarch - John Toturro - A little Toturro oddness and Giant Eyebrows. It'd be perfect

Dr.Girlfriend - Liv Tyler, Voice of Kiefer Sutherland - Pretty obvious, Liv Tyler is quite hot and Kiefer Sutherland did the perfect version of the voice in Phonebooth. Just listen to this.

Dr. Orpheous - Geoffrey Rush - I really wanted Vincent Price for this. Unfortunately he's dead. So I went with the man that wonderfully reprized his role in the remake of The House on Haunted Hill (is ****ing Hilarious). I think he'd do a wonderful job of overacting the good Dr.

This is a great cast. I was originally thinking Topher for Dean, but I figured he was too old.

That is an awesome casting Baxter, I was trying to think of someone like Topher but he didnt come to mind

I just added two more to my cast, one of whom would make bass, and indeed all people sexually attracted to woman, happier

In a perfect world, my dream cast for Venture Bros. would be:

Dr. Thaddeus S. "Rusty" Venture - John Malkovich
john-malkovich02.jpg

Henry Allen "Hank" Venture - Michael Cera
georgemichaelbluth-maebytonight.png

Dean Venture - Topher Grace
topher_grace_100.jpg

Brock Samson - Patrick Warburton
warburton_01.jpg

The Monarch - John Malkovich
john-malkovich02.jpg

Dr. Girlfriend - Carla Gugino
guginocarla.png

Dr. Orpheus - Liam Neeson
neeson3.jpg

Molotov Cocktease - Milla Jovovich
199930790_ca28931a5e.jpg

#21 - Dan Fogler
DF-02328.jpg

Master Billy Quizboy - Rainn Wilson
dwight2.jpg

Last edited:
Dr. Jonas Venture, SR. - Charlton Heston
_40139910_heston_rifle_ap.jpg

Myra Brandish - Molly Ringwald
princess.png

David Bowie - David Bowie
evenmorebowie24.jpg

Jefferson Twilight - Richard Roundtree
Rou1262.gif

Last edited:
That's a really good cast but I think Cera would make a better Dean since he plays more of the pushover type.

So the one dreamcasting I just might have won turns out to not count?:x

I wouldn't be too sure on you winning.

Also you might want to change your Brock choice I think it violates the rules cause that's the guy who does the vioce

I wouldn't be too sure on you winning.

Also you might want to change your Brock choice I think it violates the rules cause that's the guy who does the vioce

Only 3 people participated in this round. Those are good odds.

The second cast I posted didn't count. That was an actual "dream" casting.

A live action version of The Venture Bros. would probably be terrible, but here's my cast:

Dr.Thaddeus S. "Rusty" Venture - Jon Cryer. I think they've both sort of got the annoying, tangy voice and I think it'd be funny to see this guy running around as some kind of reluctant mad scientist.

Henry Allen "Hank" Venture - I have someone in mind but I don't know who exactly. I think a new person would work best.

Dean Venture - I think Shia LaBeouf is the best choice for this (damn, I seem to pick this guy a lot lately). He's funny and would work perfectly.

Brock Samson - While Patrick Warburton is the perfect choice... but I'll go with The Rock. They look similar, they're both tough guys... die his hair blonde and I think it could work.

The Monarch - I think Jim Carrey is a perfect choice, but I don't want to steal it, so I'll go with Robert Knepper. I think they look similar, he plays a creepy villain, and I'm sure he could bring a sinister and humourous charm to the role.

Dr.Girlfriend - There is a woman I'm thinking of but I can't remember the name... I'll try and edit this in.

I've been a little busy at work and spending some much needed time talking to my family in Maryland about everything that's been going on with my dad.

But I have my cast about 95% done. Just a few more characters to cast and arrange photos.

My rounds normally last a week...but due to the complexity of this project, this round will be extended to next Saturday----7 Sep. By that I mean the round closes at 10pm (central), 7 Sep 07. Votes will be PM'd to me starting at 10:05pm )central).

Voting lasts until 10pm Sunday night. I'll announce the winner then.

Latest posts

Back