Dreamcasting: Adaptations #7 - The Venture Bros.

I don't know if we're doing books or anything in this but I thought 1984 could be amazing if done right.

I don't know if we're doing books or anything in this but I thought 1984 could be amazing if done right.

That would be a lot of fun to dreamcast, but I still think it's probably the least adaptable book ever, except for maybe Catcher in the Rye. 80% of the book is just a continuous stream of though, and neither movie version has been able to capture anything from the book other than the basic superficial look of things.

That would be a lot of fun to dreamcast, but I still think it's probably the least adaptable book ever, except for maybe Catcher in the Rye. 80% of the book is just a continuous stream of though, and neither movie version has been able to capture anything from the book other than the basic superficial look of things.

well this is just casting, I'm up to any and all suggestion

The Wizard of Oz. I already have casting ideas.

The Wizard of Oz. I already have casting ideas.

Me too.... I think we talked about this. One of us had an idea for the wizard, but I can't remember if it was yours or mine, or if you didn't like it.

Edit: I check my MSN history.... it was mine, and I had an awesome cast. You had a completely different Wizard who was also awesome. Good times.

Last edited:
Go Team Venture!

Like Moony said...this is one of those projects that is just best suited for animation. But that doesn't mean that one can try to have a little fun with something so over the top.

In that vein...I've given up on trying to edit the pics to resemble cast members. It's impossible to find the right pic so you'll have to use your imagination.

Dr.Thaddeus S. "Rusty" Venture - Paul Giamatti - Granted the body types are totally different....Giamatti has the great range to actally do something this absurd and pull it off. Shave his head bald and style up the beard and you have the insane Dr.Venture who only cares about riding on the laurels of the family name.

Henry Allen "Hank" Venture - Zac Effron - There aren't a lot of young actors out there. And trying to get a 20 year old actor to play a 16 year old role is just slightly demeaning. But in that sense....I've been pleasently surprised by the up and coming teen heartthrob. Instead of the boy scout pretty boy....I'd like to see him play the naive yet sarcastic *** that is Hank. This would of course mean he's gonna have to shave that pretty mane.

Dean Venture - Christopher Mintz-Plasse - He is McLovin! HA! You thought I'd take the Shia Lebouf route and cast him like everyone else!?!?!? Wrong. McLovin FTW!

Brock Samson - Brad Pitt - Take the golden locks of Pitt from Troy.....style it into a curly mullet.......and have Brad channel the aloof suaveness from his Ocean's 11 role. Throw in a bit of Tyler Durden badassness. Samson.

The Monarch - Jim Carey - Carey was the only one I was thinking about for this. The only one.

Dr.Girlfriend - Jenny McCarthy - Dr.Girlfriend doesn't actually need a big role in this. But get this....Carey and McCarthy are dating in real life. 2 funny *** people....with chemistry. Plus any of you old enough to remember McCarthy's old MTV show know that she'd just go to town with the role.

Dr. Orpheus - Oded Fehr - Seriously.....is there anyone else who could really play this?

Jefferson Twilight - Samuel L Jackson - ............seriously?

The Alchemist - Eric Colatoni - I don't know why I see this. I just do. Mostly from Colatoni's smart-quipped role as Keith Mars on Veronica Mars.

Triana - Evan Rachel Wood - She used to date Marilyn Manson. And she's pretty goth herself. Yeah....this would be a great casting choice as the girl who is the same age as Dean yet so much more mature.

Molotov Cocktease - Famke Janssen - Xenia Onatopp w/ red hair.

Having now seen both seasons of THE VENTURE BROS, I want to talk about this.

John Malkovich as Thaddeus Venture and The Monarch

This is an amazing idea.

The Rock as Brock Samson.

This is a perfect choice.

Richard Roundtree as Jefferson Twilight and Arnold Schwarzenegger as Baron Underbheit

I really like these, but part of me thinks they're too easy. It's like - yes, that's absolutely fine casting, but doesn't make them... it doesn't add to the role in the same way as your Malkovich or Rock picks.

Regardless, I'd still love to see it.

Robert Picardo as Thaddeus Venture

:lol: This could be really good.

Ron Perlman as Brock Samson.

This is also a perfect choice. Damn. If I was a casting director, I'd have a such a ***** of a time picking between him and The Rock.

Jim Carrey as The Monarch

Y'know... I'm not too sure. I think Carrey might over act it too much or dominate the show too much. I think his performance would rely on the director. Could be awesome though.

Famke Janssen as Molotov Cocktease

... trousers... tightening...

I know the "who gets to play as Brock Samson" test - have them act with Famke Cocktease and see who delivers "I THOUGHT THE COLD WAR WAS OVER!" line the best.

Liam Neeson as Dr Orpheus

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

John Glover as the Monarch

That's absolutely inspired. I'd pick him over Carrey for The Monarch any day. ****, yes.

Liv Tyler and Clancy Brown as Dr Girlfriend

Not sure about Liv Tyler - could be good. But Clancy Brown is brilliant.

Tim Curry as Dr Orpheus

Okay - I honestly don't know who would be better; Tim Curry or Liam Neeson. These are superb choices.

Bruce Campbell as Phantom Limb

And I'm wow-ed again. I'd honestly have a tough time choosing between you and Langsta.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jefferson Twilight

Again... like Richard Roundtree, it would be awesome, but I don't see it as... inspired as Tim Curry as Dr Orpheus or John Glover as The Monarch. Still fine.

I honestly don't know who to pick for out of Tog and Langsta.

Paul Giamatti as Thaddeus Venture

How cool! This could so completely work! I think this is the best Thaddeus Venture.

Brad Pitt as Brock Samson

Okay - I can't imagine it, but I can imagine me walking out of the cinema going, "Brad Pitt as Brock Samson was fantastic". But I can't imagine the scenes that would make me say that. I'm open to the cast, but I can't picture it.

There's some great casting here.

****, I wish I'd done it.

Sometimes, these casts are REALLY difficult to choose between because one person will have a perfect cast for one role, and another for another role, and it comes down to a desperate tie-breaking thing, as I have for Tog and Langsta's casts here.

It's also why I think the moderator picking the winner could be cool, as it would make it easier, and potentially allow for more people to continue winning. I dunno.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about THE VENTURE BROS cast and I thought I'd share one of my choices:

Will Ferrel as the Grand Galactic Inquisitor.

IGNORE ME!

I can't think of a good Dean or Hank.

At some point, but I think those are my best choices so far. :D

Will Ferrell yelling "IGNORE ME!" is great (if I do say so myself).

Aren't these supposed to get locked when the next one opens?

Latest posts

Back