DreamMOVIE #1: The Spielberg/Lucas hit machine!

Re: DreamMOVIE #12: The Spielberg/Lucas hit machine!

also, Mole, please pick ONE of those movies to be taken under consideration for judging. you can still keep the others up, but just indicate which you want judged.

Ohhh I thought since all three are trilogies we were remaking the trilogy or just doing a new film , Sorry.

I'll say if people want to vote for it then "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" as it has some people from first film plus has my favourite of cast choices which is my "Lao Che"

Also: Nobody should ever remake Temple of Doom
:lol: great I see this after I had finished my reply

Last edited:

Also: Nobody should ever remake Temple of Doom
What are you talking about? That movie was so terrible, it's GOT to be remade.

I always thought there was truth in what Roger Ebert said about there not being a point in remaking a good movie, but greater sense in remaking a bad one.

So what did you guys think of my cast?

So what did you guys think of my cast?

not too bad, but the China part only constitutes the first 15 minutes of the film; it's more of an intro than anything.

I'd cast the Witch Doctor, The Assistant to the Prince, and the Young Prince himself, and then I'd consider it a complete cast.

not too bad, but the China part only constitutes the first 15 minutes of the film; it's more of an intro than anything.

I'd cast the Witch Doctor, The Assistant to the Prince, and the Young Prince himself, and then I'd consider it a complete cast.

That is true , I cast the thing as a back to back LOTR deal trilogy and didn't want to many cast members so I picked the characters that really stood out to me if that makes sense

That is true , I cast the thing as a back to back LOTR deal trilogy and didn't want to many cast members so I picked the characters that really stood out to me if that makes sense

yes and no.

you do realize Temple of Doom was a prequel, happening a couple years before Raiders of the Lost Ark?

yes and no.

you do realize Temple of Doom was a prequel, happening a couple years before Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Yes , but I listed them in order of realse.

My cast, and pitch for...

Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic
Four thousand years before
the rise of the Galactic
Empire, the Republic verges
on collapse. DARTH MALAK,
last surviving apprentice of
the Dark Lord Revan, has
unleashed an invincible
Sith armada upon an
unsuspecting galaxy.

Crushing all resistance,
Malak's war of conquest
has left the Jedi Order
scattered and vulnerable
as countless Knights fall in
battle, and many more
swear allegiance to the new
Sith Master.

In the skies above the Outer
Rim world of Taris, a Jedi
battle fleet engages the
forces of Darth Malak in a
desperate effort to halt the
Sith's galactic domination…​

Following the plot of the first game, this film will centre around the struggle for redemption of the memory wiped Darth Revan, piecing together his history before the Jedi mindwiped him, and his quest to uncover the Star Maps that hide the location of the sinister Star Forge, a weapon of ultimate power controlled by his former apprentice, Darth Malak. Will Revan turn back to the Light Side of the Force and save the Old Republic from the armies of his former apprentice, or will he reclaim his rightful place as Dark Lord of the Sith.....

Cast
Galen Dravad (Revan's character in the game is unnamed until the reveal that he is Revan, so I created a new name for him)/Darth Revan - Christian Bale
Bale is a fantastic actor, who can easily pull off the charismatic strong leader role that Revan plays.
christianbale.jpg

Darth Malak - Hugo Weaving/CGI
I love Hugo Weaving playing sinister creepy parts, and Malak is that to a T.

C55573Hugo-Weaving-Posters.jpg

Bastila Shan - Morena Baccarin
Beautiful and brave, with a tragic turn towards the Dark Side. Look no further than Morena.

250px-Inara_Serra1.jpg

Jolee Bindo - Morgan Freeman
I want to cast Sam Jackson, but as he has been taken in the prequel trilogy. Morgan has that older, wise look to him that Jolee needs.

image.jpg

Juhani - Milla Jovovich
Strangely sexy alien cat chick? Milla can pull it off.

ultraviolet01250610.jpg

Carth Onasi - Nathan Fillion
What dreamcast would be complete without Nathan Fillion? Carth IS Mal. Except maybe slightly less sarcastic.

182131__firefly_l.jpg

Canderous Ordo - Adam Baldwin
Tough and rough, Adam has proven his ease for playing the tough guy in Firefly.

Jayne23.jpg

Misson Vao - Michelle Trachtenberg
What can I say? Misson was an irritating little toad in the game. Michelle played Dawn, also an irritating little toad. She can do Mission no problems.

super062150.jpg

Darth Bandon - Zachary Quinto
Bandon was a sadistic violent SOB. Have you met Sylar?

zachary_quinto.jpg

I've been waiting so long to put this up.

Star Wars: Episodes IV-VI
REDUX

Long ago in a galaxy far, far away ....

Dun! Duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-duh-dun-nuh!

May 25, 1977. George Lucas releases his astonishing vision onto the world. The film, "Star Wars," becomes a worldwide pop culture phenomenon, producing two sequels and, eventually, three prequels. Today, Star Wars is one of the most successful franchises of all time.

Luke Skywalker - James McAvoy
Alright, McAvoy is probably not who you would expect to fill the shoes of Mark Hamill. However, I wanted to make this film not just an homage to the original trilogy, but also different, and I think a rising star like James McAvoy has the stones to pull it off.
789781979.jpg

Han Solo - James Purefoy
I know I just cast Purefoy in a previous role, but he's who I had in mind (at first I thought Christian Bale, but I don't really think he fits). I had some drawings of an updated Han Solo, of how I think he should look if they ever did do a remake, and I tried to capture the "space cowboy" mood that Solo gives off.
james_knight.jpg

Princess Leia Organa - Mary Elizabeth Winstead
I wasn't really sure on this one .... I had Shannyn Sossamon in mind for the role, but I thought Mary Elizabeth would work because I think she could pass as James McAvoy's fraternal twin sister. Plus I just want to see her in a golden bikini.
MaryElizabethWinstead.jpg

Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader - ???? / James Earl Jones (voice)
It doesn't really matter who you've got underneath the mask unless you've got JEJ as the voice. I don't care that he's already played him before. ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!
jejones.jpg

Obi Wan "Ben" Kenobi - Bernard Hill
I think Hill was in LotR. Anyways, it's pretty hard to find a replacement for Sir Alec Guinness.
7976re2.jpg

Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious - ????
Ian McDiarmid OWNS this role.
star_wideweb__430x280.jpg

Mara Jade - Natalia Tena
Natalia Tena (Nymphadora Tonks from Harry Potter). Or, if you want a more well-known actress, Sienna Miller.
tonks.gif

Lando Calrissian - Chiwetel Ejiofor
Yeah.
chiwetel_l.jpg

Owen Lars - Ray Winstone
Beowulf.jpg

Wedge Antilles - Ian Hart

Characters like C-3PO (Anthony Daniels), R2-D2, Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew), Yoda (Frank Oz), and Jabba Desilijic "the Hutt" Tiure will be played by either their respective voice actors and/or puppet handlers, or in the case of Jabba the Hutt, whose voice actor died, will have new voice actors. Eg, Jabba could be voiced by Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime).

I've been waiting so long to put this up.

Star Wars: Episodes IV-VI
REDUX

Long ago in a galaxy far, far away ....

Dun! Duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-duh-dun-nuh!

May 25, 1977. George Lucas releases his astonishing vision onto the world. The film, "Star Wars," becomes a worldwide pop culture phenomenon, producing two sequels and, eventually, three prequels. Today, Star Wars is one of the most successful franchises of all time.
LOVE the Leia and Lando choices.

Last edited:

LOVE the Leia and Lando choices.

Thanks. Those were the two I wasn't even sure on....

Oh, and I just looked back and realized that I can only remake one movie....so in that case, just pretend that mine's a sequel-slash-spinoff-slash-remake, called Blue Harvest. Muahahaha.

Also, I had an idea for an updated version of Boba Fett's armor. It was very Master Chief-esque.

I'm making another cast for the hell of it.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Temple of Doom was always my favorite (yeah, I liked it more than Raiders).

Indiana Jones - James Purefoy
It makes sense that Harrison Ford's role in this movie is played by the same actor as Harrison Ford's role in my Star Wars remake.
james_knight.jpg

Wilhelmina "Willie" Scott - Naomi Watts
The beauty from Peter Jackson's King Kong could pull this off with ease.
0ab8a00b.jpg

Dong Wang/Short Round - Langsta
No one can replace Jonathan Ke Quan. Except for me. Yes, I'm Asian, and yes, I look just like Short Round. Also, I've given Short Round a real name, "Dong Wang." Dong is one of the most common Chinese given names. His name is a reference to another Jonathan Ke Quan character - Richard "Data" Wang, from the cult classic, the Goonies (I tried to find a common Chinese name that starts with "D").
LilLangsta.jpg

Sallah - Naveen Andrews
Since Sallah is such a big part of the Indy universe, I figured I'd just include him in a small cameo role. He's fairly new to show business, but Andrews has already proven himself as a brilliant actor as Sayid in Lost and Abby in Death Proof.
Sayid.jpg

Now I present to you the Chinese gangstas of Club Obi-Wan!

Lao Che - Chow Yun Fat
The Fat Man could pull this off naturally. He's got that intuitive badass-ness of a real Triad.
1.jpg

Pirates2.jpg

Kao Kan - Hiroyuki Sanada
Sanada is actually Japanese, but most Americans won't know the difference.
hirosan.jpg

Chen - Some Random Chinese Guy
Lao Che's other son shall be played by some random Chinese guy. Or, just have the now-grown-up Jonathan Ke Quan come in for a cameo as Chen! It's genius!
20020803151259.jpg

Ling - Zhang Ziyi
I'm just adding in another chick to the movie just to make things interesting, to make a love triangle between Indy, Willie, and Ling. Ling will be Lao Che's daughter who wants revenge, and follows Indy as a spy. You could also go with Michelle Yeoh or Maggie Q. Maybe even just write the character of Chen out, so that Kao Kan has a son and a daughter. Maybe even add in a little backstory to give Ling a reason to betray her father, since he loved her brother more (she would end up being the older sister who was almost abandoned because her father wanted a son instead of a daughter .... he ends up eventually getting a son anyway, but his son is treated with more respect than Ling) .... This will add some more characterization to the story. Ling is sent in as a mole, she seduces Indy and pretends to be his ally, she eventually confesses and decides to befriend Indy anyway ....
2004_hero_003.jpg

And now, for the main attraction, Thuggee leader Mola Ram!

Mola Ram - Raoul Trujillo or Irfan Khan
Trujillo played the bad guy in Apocalypto. Although he's Latino, he looks just like Mola Ram.
Irfan Khan, on the other hand, is a brilliant-looking actor who can be seen in the recently released indie film The Darjeeling Limited. He has an insane look in his eye that makes him look crazy.

Prince - Waris Ahluwalia
Waris has made appearances in a few Wes Anderson films.

Princess - Amara Karan
Karan is a young English actress of Sri Lankan descent. She will be playing the role of the young princess.

Assistant - Nitin Ganatra
Ganatra played Prince Pondicherry in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Assistant #2 - Raz Degan
Degan is actually an Israeli actor (and you'd think it'd be easy to find an actor from India what with all the people there an Bollywood and stuff). He played Darius in Oliver Stone's Alexander.

Last edited:

Is that what you look like right now?!

Also: Your choices for luke, Leia, and Han are too old...

Luke and Leia = Late teens/early twenties
Han = mid twenties at the oldest...

I'm making another cast for the hell of it.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Temple of Doom was always my favorite (yeah, I liked it more than Raiders).

I'll post the rest of the cast later.

First of all... i think you have a serious man-crush on Purefoy.

Second of all, if you think your Indy cast is going to be up for judging, you're mistaken. You will be DQ'd. State now which cast you want JUDGED, or BOTH will be DQ'd. The rules clearly state to cast ONE and ONLY ONE movie. I'm giving you a break letting you give your take on another.

Last edited:

Did anyone else think "Boss, the plane!"

Is that what you look like right now?!

Also: Your choices for luke, Leia, and Han are too old...

Luke and Leia = Late teens/early twenties
Han = mid twenties at the oldest...

No, that's a really old picture. But I haven't really changed much. Also, sorry, I guess I didn't realize how young Luke and Leia are....But I think James McAvoy and Mary Elizabeth Winstead could pull off early 20s. And I think James Purefoy is young enough to play mid-20s. But I didn't think much about that when I was casting....

First of all... i think you have a serious man-crush on Purefoy.

Maybe I do! So what if I do?!?!

Second of all, if you think your Indy cast is going to be up for judging, you're mistaken. You will be DQ'd. State now which cast you want JUDGED, or BOTH will be DQ'd. The rules clearly state to cast ONE and ONLY ONE movie. I'm giving you a break letting you give your take on another.

Thanks/Sorry. I guess....I guess the Indiana Jones one is the one I'll use.

Did anyone else think "Boss, the plane!"

You're saying I look like the midget from Fantasy Island? .... I look fatter than I really was in that pic.

Last edited:

You're saying I look like the midget from Fantasy Island? .... I look fatter than I really was in that pic.

I can't help it, the picture piratically screams it.

Latest posts

Back