DreamMOVIE #5 : Time to play the Game!

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Rules
1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2) Participants may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film/TV ones.

3) After the time period set by the moderator, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4) The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round.

With the rules out of the way , I want you to come up with a movie and cast it based on any video game you like from pacman to Halo it does not matter. Just make it in to a franchise we can market and sell and get a few films out of it.

Thank you

Round ends January 18th

Last edited:
My current problem is filtering down the 13 main characters of Warcraft 3 into the 9 most important...

Question..

Can I do the plots of 3 separate films as a series? and use a separate character limit for each one???? please???

Last edited:
My current problem is filtering down the 13 main characters of Warcraft 3 into the 9 most important...

Question..

Can I do the plots of 3 separate films as a series? and use a separate character limit for each one???? please???

Yeah if you want to go for the "trilogy" thing sure , as long as you add "New charracters" for the cast of each movie so we know. I have no problem with that.

I'm doing a Mario one, and I just realized something: Shigeru Miyamoto was a total pothead (using mushrooms to gain 'special powers'?).

Can anybody get me a picture of the main Ephor from 300? Pretty please? I need it for my cast.

Last edited:
Ohhh, do I do Zelda like I really should, or do I do one of the twenty other equally cool games to adapt :(?

Well, we already did a "regular" Zelda cast in Dreamcasting. You could do it in DreamMovie, but I'd recommend doing one of the other twenty equally cool games. But that's just me.

Well, we already did a "regular" Zelda cast in Dreamcasting. You could do it in DreamMovie, but I'd recommend doing one of the other twenty equally cool games. But that's just me.

We'll see, we'll see. Casting the movie isn't the same as weaving your own distinct tapestry of a Hylian epic.

Of course, it's also not writing Tetris.

We'll see, we'll see. Casting the movie isn't the same as weaving your own distinct tapestry of a Hylian epic.

Yeah, I know.

I want to see someone do a Pacman DreamMovie. Except make Pacman a human with a yellow jumpsuit and a yellow skullcap, living in a dystopian future in which 99% of human civilization is dead and the world is populated by their ghosts. Pacman must fight these ghosts to survive in this future.

Last edited:
So many options.

Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed, God Of War, or Metal Gear Solid.

Any of those would be great.

I'm intrested in seeing what people come up with , Some just work movie wise e.g Prince of Persia , Halo , Resident Evil , marvel Ultimate alliance

others will be harder but very interesting to see e.g Space Invaders (I would imagine it would be very Independence Day-ish) , Pong! , Dr Mario ect....

I think I have a pretty wicked awesome take on Contra. You guys aren't allowed to steal my choice!

My cast is finished. I'm going to go watch Sweeney Todd now.

Last edited:
SUPAA MARIO BROS.
The Greatest and Best-Selling Video Game of All Time Spawns The Greatest and Best-Selling Film of All Time

MPAA: Rated PG-13 for intense action violence and suggestive content, all involving two Italian plumbers.
Runtime: 2 hours

The film begins in Mushroomland, roughly 20 years ago. Kamek, an evil Magikoopa, informs his Kinopian servants ("the Toadies") that he looked into his crystal ball and saw a vision of two Italian plumbers PWNing the **** out of the Koopa Troopas, equating it to an ancient legend in Koopa society that tells of two foreign warriors standing up against an evil regime and helping the old government reclaim its status. Kamek orders his Toadies to go out and stop the brothers from being delivered to their home in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Brooklyn, New York. Twenty years later. Two young Italian plumber brothers, Mario and Luigi, discover strange, mutated species of turtles, flies, and crabs crawling through their shop's pipes. It doesn't take long for the creatures to escape from the shop and attack the city.

Mario and Luigi go to the sewers to find the source of the problem. There, they discover an interdimensional portal. The brothers are sucked into the portal and arrive, by destiny, in the Mushroom Kingdom (Mushroomland). They meet Chancellor Toadstool, the King of the Mushroom Kingdom, and the Chancellor's assistant, Toad. Toad is one of the Mushroom Retainers, a group of Kinopians who rule the Kingdom alongside the Chancellor.

The Chancellor tells Mario and Luigi that his daughter Peach has been kidnaped by King Bowser Koopa, and that his kingdom has been taken over by Bowser's troops, the Koopa Troopas. He also explains that the brothers were born in Mushroomland, and that their real parents were killed by Kamek and young Bowser. Mario and Luigi realize that they must have been adopted by Italian parents when they were let go by their real parents. They agree to help the Chancellor find his daughter, unable to resist an adventure.

Mario and Luigi soon discover that they can use the pipes to warp from one place to another, and that the Super Mushrooms of this world have special properties which can double their size when consumed. They also discover a magical fire flower that, when ingested, gives them the temporary ability to shoot fireballs, and Luma, a starman, who can render them invincible for a short period of time. Many other power-ups aid the brothers on their mission.

On their quest to save the Princess, the brothers encounter Bowser's troops - the Koopa Troopas, the Bullet Bills, the Goombas, the Cheep-Cheeps, the Buzzy Beetles, Bowser's children (the Koopalings), and Bowser's elite soldiers, the Hammer Brothers. Along the way, Mario rescues and befriends Yoshi, one of the Yoshies who were trapped in eggs by Bowser.

At the end of each of the first seven worlds of Mushroomland, Mario and Luigi face one of Bowser's children ("Koopalings"). Finally, at the end of the eighth world, they encounter Bowser, and must defeat him in order to save the Princess.

The end of the film sees Mario and Luigi returning to Brooklyn and taking on the animals that escaped from Mushroomland at the beginning of the movie.

An animated film is produced to coincide with the movie, based on Super Mario Land. It stars Charles Martinet as Mario, Kari Wahlgren as Princess Daisy of Sarasaland (Luigi's love interest), and Phil LaMarr as Tatanga the Mysterious Spaceman, a tyrannical alien who wishes to marry Daisy and rule over Sarasaland. In addition, a comic book prequel is released as a companion to the film.

The comic begins with a stork carrying baby Mario and Luigi across the sky to be delivered to their parents in Mushroomland. Kamek, an evil Magikoopa, divines that the delivery of two twin brothers will end in tragedy for the Koopas, and sets out to kidnap them before they are brought to their parents. He manages to snag Luigi, but Mario falls from the sky and is eventually found by the Yoshies. At baby Bowser's castle, Mario and the Yoshies free Luigi, and the brothers are reunited with their parents. However, for fear that Kamek will try to kidnap the brothers again, their parents send them through a warp zone to Brooklyn, New York.

Years later, Mario and Luigi are doing volunteer work with some carpenters, and Mario has a girlfriend, Pauline. One day, while at a construction site, Mario sees a giant ape called Donkey Kong. Kong, who was taken out of the jungle and put on display as a sideshow spectacle, had escaped the circus and longed to be reunited with his son, DK Jr. In a fit of rage, Kong took Pauline and climbed to the top of an unfinished skyscraper. Mario makes it to the top of the skyscraper and manages to calm Donkey Kong, rescuing Pauline. As a result, Mario earns a reputation as the city's hero.

On Yoshi's Island, Bowser, the powerful leader of the turtle-like Koopa race, Bowser steals the Yoshie's Super Happy Tree, which keeps Yoshi's Island peaceful. This converts the island and its inhabitants into a picture book. Six baby Yoshies survive and are not transformed. Meanwhile, in Brooklyn, Mario and Luigi have become plumbers. Shortly thereafter, tons of mutant animals start coming out of the pipes in their shop.

A short, animated adaptation of the comic is produced, with Martinet reprising his role as Mario, Keith David doing the voice of Donkey Kong, and Tara Strong doing the voice of Pauline. A sequel to SUPAA MARIO BROS. is eventually made, along with an anthology film of six animated shorts, similar to The Animatrix and Batman: Gotham Knight. The animated anthology featured stories set in the Paper Mario universe, the Yoshi's Island universe, the Dr. Mario universe, Super Mario World, Super Mario Land, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, etc.

Mario - Tyler Labine
Labine can currently be seen as Bert "Sock" Wysocki in Reaper. I wanted Mario and Luigi to be a little young, since this is like, the start of the new film franchise.
0000009087_20060920160519.jpg

Luigi - Chris Marquette
Marquette (born "Christopher George Rodriguez") has made a name for himself starring in The Girl Next Door, Alpha Dog, and The Invisible. He stars in Fanboys on January 18.
_-1.jpg

Princess Peach Toadstool - Rachel Nichols
Nichols has starred in television series such as The Inside and Alias. She makes an appearance in the upcoming Charlie Wilson's War. In addition, she is set to star in J.J. Abram's Star Trek film, and is apparently playing Scarlett in the G.I. Joe movie. She bears a resemblance to Princess Peach.
bio_nichols.jpg

Bowser Koopa, King of the Koopas - Frank Welker (voice)
Welker, who is listed as the number one "All Time Top 100 Stars at the Box office" and has been referred to as a "voice acting god" by Futurama castmates John DiMaggio and Billy West, has voiced over 1,200 characters in film and TV, including Scooby and Fred from Scooby Doo. Bowser is either going to be CG or makeup, or a mixture of the two, and his appearance will be based on Giga Bowser from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. However, he will still retain the same qualities which make him one of the most distinctive villains in video game history.

Chancellor Toadstool the Mushroom King - Sir Michael Gambon, CBE
The Mushroom King is an aging, ailing father who just wants his daughter to be rescued and his empire to be restored. Sir Michael is too an aging, ailing dude. An acclaimed Shakespearean actor, he is probably best known to American people as Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter movie franchsie.
sir-michael-gambon.jpg

Toad the Mushroom Retainer - Daveigh Chase or Jen Taylor (voice)
Taylor is an experienced voice actor, though Chase has had experience playing Chihiro in Spirited Away and Lilo in Lilo & Stitch. She's also played Samara in The Ring. Taylor is known for playing the voice of Toad. However, if you think the actors shouldn't reprise their roles, then just go with Chase. The point is, only a girl can pull off Toad's high-pitched voice.

Kamek - Greg Kramer
Kramer starred as the main Ephor in 300. I think he's got great potential as an actor. For Kamek, I'm thinking makeup, not CGI. Unfortunately, I can't find a pic of Kramer, so I'm just going to have to give you this link to his imdb profile (imdb won't let you copy and paste): http://imdb.com/name/nm0469530/

King Boo - Sacha Baron Cohen (voice)
I like Sacha Baron Cohen because he has a very diverse selection of roles: Borat, Ali G, Bruno, King Julien XIII the Ring-tailed Lemur from Madagascar, Jean Girard from Talladega Nights, and Signor Adolfo Pirelli from Sweeney Todd. He's had some voice acting experience (Madagascar), and although I wanted him to play Waluigi, I couldn't fit Waluigi into the story.
sacha-baron-cohen1.jpg

Bowser Jr. - Kevin Michael Richardson (voice)
Bowser's son might make an appearance in the film. Kevin Michael Richardson plays the voice of Tartarus in the Halo series, the Joker in The Batman, Baron Mordo in Doctor Strange, Martin Luther King, Jr. in The Boondocks, Thadeus in The Animatrix, Jolee Bindo in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Sebastian in the Kingdom Hearts series, and Trigon in Teen Titans.

Monty Mole - SSJmole (voice)
The UK-born lovable loser and creator of this thread himself, Moley will portray Monty Mole in this very brief cameo. Although he has no acting experience whatsoever (apart from that brief stint in the sexploitation flick Moles Gone Wild, as well as that obscure 1996 film Party at Kitty and Mole's, which was later repackaged under the name Britalian Stallion and has since become a cult phenomenon), not that the role requires much acting, I am fairly confident that Moley can pull the role off.

The Koopalings:
Iggy Koopa - Eddie Izzard (voice)
The Yemen-born stand-up, actor, cross-dresser, and pantomime will play Iggy, one of Bowser's Koopalings. Like the original Super Mario Bros. movie (though I'd hate to call that a movie and have it have anything in common with this one), Iggy and Spike are the two most prominent Koopalings in the film. I think Izzard and LaMarr would add some comedy relief as .... foils almost.
eddie.jpg

Spike Koopa - Phil LaMarr (voice)
The UPS guy from MadTV. The voice of John Stewart in Justice League. The voice of Hermes Conrad in Futurama. The voice of Virgil Hawkins in Static Shock. The voice of Black Vulcan in Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law. The voice of Vamp in Metal Gear Solid. The voice of Uatu the Watcher and the Black Panther in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. The voice of Dracula in The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. The voice of Poop Dogg in Invader Zim. The voice of Teen Afro in Afro Samurai. The dude who got his head blown off by John Travolta in Pulp Fiction.
phillamarr.jpg

Morton Koopa II - Peter MacNicol (voice)
MacNicol is an Emmy Award-winning actor who has starred in Ally McBeal, Dracula: Dead and Loving It, Ghostbusters II, Man-Bat in The Batman, and will play the voice of Doctor Octopus in the upcoming Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

Ludwig Koopa - Dee Bradley Baker (voice)
Baker is the voice of Klaus the goldfish in American Dad!. He has played various other characters on television and in video games.

Lemmy Koopa - Phil LaMarr (voice)
See: Spike Koopa.

Roy Koopa - Carlos Alazraqui (voice)
Alazraqui has lent his voice to such characters as the Taco Bell Chihuahua, Rocko from Rocko's Modern Life, Denzel Crocker in The Fairly OddParents, Lazlo in Camp Lazlo, Spyro the Dragon, and Jonathan Weed in Family Guy.

Larry Koopa - Hank Azaria (voice)
Azaria is mostly known for voicing characters in The Simpsons: Apu, Moe, Chief Wiggum, and various others.

Wendy Koopa - Jennifer Hale (voice)
Right, so Jennifer has played Naomi Hunter in the Metal Gear Solid series, Samus Aran in the Metroid Prime series, and Bastila Shan in the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series. I think it's safe to say that she's had some voice acting experience.

Characters who unfortunately did not make the cut but may possibly be seen in sequels:

Wario - ????

Waluigi - Sacha Baron Cohen
Go watch Sweeney Todd and you'll know why he's perfect for the role.
sacha-baron-cohen1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so tempted to do a video game that doesn't actually have a story or characters.

Guitar Hero: The Movie.

Or something along those lines.

I'm so tempted to do a video game that doesn't actually have a story or characters.

Guitar Hero: The Movie.

Or something along those lines.

Go for it dude that could be pretty cool

Latest posts

Back