"Dumped" USM #78 Discussion/Spoilers

I was also...less disappointed with this than I thought I would be. I like Peter's quip about "What are you going to do? Fail me? I could teach this class." :)

Not sure I get the point of naming the kid Mark Raxton, but hey; it's Bendis's book.

The Eisner tribute was a nice touch.

I totally get what Mwof is getting at with band/sports. When I was in school, not only was there no time for ANYTHING else if you were in sports, but the people who were into music and the people who were into sports did NOT mix at all. This school seems more diverse, but for me it's still weird.

All in all a decnt standalone issue. Hopefully we get some good plot development with thsi breakup instead of them just being apart for a few issues like the first time they broke up. :roll:

Goodwill said:
Wait, MJ kissed Mark that soon after her and Peter broke up? That's pretty beat...

He kissed her and she backed away. This is what made me satisfied with the issue. MJ just isn't some good lookin' high school whore. Let's face it if you look like MJ in High School you're going to be a slut. But she has strong feelings for Peter and is willing to wait for him. I really did like the issue. I liked the Eisner tribute too. It didn't seem forced to me and was actually pretty subtley brought up.

Nurhachi said:
So? I slept with a 15 year old when i was 18

ive said too much....

Damn, Nur, are you some kind of love machine? :D

I stopped reading it as soon as I saw that Bendis lifted dialoge from his own book to use as filler. Can't that lazy bastard take 5 fricking minutes to write something diffrent for the crowd to be saying? Or why does it even have to have lines atall? Does he not think that Bagley drawing a bunch of people in a food court comes off as a teen hangout without them *****ing about school and thier parents? I mean god damn.

Edit: Oh, and just because you're a senior doesn't make you 18. My graduating class ranged from 16-18. I was 17 myself.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Let's face it if you look like MJ in High School you're going to be a slut.
Wow. Now THAT's behavioral determinism. It's true! All good looking high school redheads are sluts! Too bad I didn't learn it sooner. I could've gotten laid earlier.

Well, I'll have to read the issue, but it sounds like Bendis is making an effort to have the high school class take more of a direct approach. That's pretty cool of him.

ourchair said:
Wow. Now THAT's behavioral determinism. It's true! All good looking high school redheads are sluts! Too bad I didn't learn it sooner. I could've gotten laid earlier.

Haha!!

Goodwill said:
Well, I'll have to read the issue

Good idea - you should do that more often. :wink: :p

ourchair said:

I hope you weren't serious. cmon. If you're remotely good looking and you're a girl then watch out because it's very hard to not give into the temptation of senior boys, beer, and parties. Watch your daughters guys.

UltimateE said:
I totally get what Mwof is getting at with band/sports. When I was in school, not only was there no time for ANYTHING else if you were in sports, but the people who were into music and the people who were into sports did NOT mix at all. This school seems more diverse, but for me it's still weird.

i guess it's different everywhere you live. out here, you find time to make everything work. i peronaly did: high skool, sports, college and coaching. and thats just one day. and a couple of my freinds did similar things like played sports and were in band or Choir, and a few even went to college.

as for this issue: I SAW Tandy Bowen!!!! :)

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Do you mean Tandy Bowen? What makes you think that's her? Did Bendis says she was going to appear?

thats who i meant, no i don't belive he did. but with the front title showing that Tandy Bowen bites, and then a random black girl...and who know's, she might be in that mall scene.

Blech.

I went into the shop with my new determination: try USM before I buy (did the same for House of M), and so repulsed by it, was I, that I did not buy it.

I just found what I read of it to be incredibly dull, trite and insipid. This is the only ultimate title I don't buy anymore.

Sorry, but I think this comic book is very poor.

Goodwill said:
It's not because of the stories that it's so poor, I'll tell you that much.
You cannot just blame the art. Yes, the art is, in my opinion, mediocre but the stories really aren't much better.

Goodwill said:
It's not because of the stories that it's so poor, I'll tell you that much.

The colors have nothing to do with the dialogue or plot points.

Latest posts

Back