"Dumped" USM #78 Discussion/Spoilers

Alright, so I may be looking for excuses to crucify the colorist, but I did find it difficult to digest. There were a few other moments like this in this particular issue.

fell in love with a girl

I decided to finally venture around this small town and there is indeed a bookstore in the mall. It carried comics and had a great condition copy of #78, so instead of waitin for midtown or milehigh to send it, i got it today.

The issue was something i could have flipped through, probably one of the least significant issues of the series so far. I could have gone without reading this and not missed much next issue. Not sayin that this issue was bad, it was fairly good. I prefer a balance of action when reading comics, but this issue was still good. It reminds me of issue 41 and the detention issue where its more thought provoking in a sense. I liked the "whats so special about peter parker" theme through the issue. MJ reminds me so much of my girlfriend these days and thats scary considering she isnt a real character.

Also, here's another thing that I noticed... Bendis gets carried away with dialogue. Here we have panels especially made for Bendis running along in his branded "teen talk", which just isn't doing it for me any more. If we could water that down, I wouldn't mind so much. There's so much fluff there that I could make a bed out of it. There could have been more characterization panels and the "What's so special about Peter" theme could've been stronger (Which I think it needed to be... The ending's "Everything" comment was totally ****).

TheManWithoutFear said:
He means his girlfriend isn't real.... *SNAP* *Bows out*

Oh, BURN!

Don't get upset, Cap. We kid because we love.

Goodwill said:
Also, here's another thing that I noticed... Bendis gets carried away with dialogue. Here we have panels especially made for Bendis running along in his branded "teen talk", which just isn't doing it for me any more. If we could water that down, I wouldn't mind so much. There's so much fluff there that I could make a bed out of it. There could have been more characterization panels and the "What's so special about Peter" theme could've been stronger (Which I think it needed to be... The ending's "Everything" comment was totally ****).

This is why Bendis needs to get Peter out of High School.

You didn't like the last panel though goodz? I thought it was perfect. I'm happy MJ is loyal and dedicated to Peter. THat's the point that was supposed to get across and for me it did.

Oh, yeah, I totally like what MJ had to say, I just thought it was extremely forced. She's on this crusade to prove herself, which is something I did at one point in my life (And will likely do it again for the effection of yet another girl), and I thank Bendis for not turning her into a whore. I just really thought that it wasn't as strong as it could've been had Bendis put more of an effort into the issue. No more of this powder puff stuff.

Just finished reading the Hobgoblin TPB, could have lived without this issue.

I mean is this "Spidey" or "Teen Romance", reading it was like work, and when I finished it, I was like "why did I bother?".

Maybe I don't like this book?

(hmm..I thought I did,what the hell happened? :? )

ngnot said:
Just finished reading the Hobgoblin TPB, could have lived without this issue.

I mean is this "Spidey" or "Teen Romance", reading it was like work, and when I finished it, I was like "why did I bother?".

Maybe I don't like this book?

(hmm..I thought I did,what the hell happened? :? )

I had a problem with that, too, while it happened but, with the new Warriors arc, it's a different USM ball game. I would give it a try, I don't see the Dawson's Creek stuff in this arc at all.

Latest posts

Back