Earth X (No spoilers)

selfproclaimed

this is also true in earth x...where parker wishes he was with gwen when under the illussions from the spiders-man. but now i forget what the bigger point i had was. dang it all.

Rawb said:
I've heard of Earth X, I really want to read it, darn it!

So he is with Gwen in this reality?

it's an illusion that he's under to keep him trapped, but instead of fighting it, he decides to stay, until his daughter comes into the illusion to save him. earth x is super good, universe x is pretty good, and paradise x is eh...so so.

In a Universe X special (part of the Earth X trilogy), a villain called Spiders Man creates webs that cause episodes of hallucinations. Spider-Man gets caught in this web, and his Spider-Man's daughter (from he and MJ, remember this is decades in the future) enters the dream world to save him. Turns out, Peter is married to Gwen, and Harry Osborne to MJ. The daughter is totally destroyed by the fact her father wishes she never existed. Peter, repents and he and his daughter become a family once more.

It was ****ing brilliant. A friend of mine, who doesn't read many comics, loves the entire Earth X trilogy (and reads it every couple of months) and says, "[The Spider-Man special of Universe X] made me like Spidey."

My synopsis does it no justice.

And here, House of M is "new and exciting", but it's already been done and with more heart.

Also, it's complete bollocks that in Spidey's dream world he's married to Gwen.

If it was truly Spidey's dream world he'd be married to Gwen and MJ.

Rawb said:
I've heard of Earth X, I really want to read it, darn it!

There's a special harcover coming out in a couple months. The TPB is almost impossible to find.

Johnny Bravo said:
I thought the entire premise of HoM was that Magneto got Wanda to give the heroes everything they ever wanted so they wouldn't oppose his rule, i.e. the House. Wolverine always wanted to remember everything about his life, so he knows whats going on. Thus, a pretty good justification for him being the lead.

Makes sense, but that is assuming a lot. We still don't have an explanation of HoM from Marvel, and we probably won't.

Wow! That Earthx series sounds pretty sweet. I'd really like to check it out. Hopefully I can get the hardcover when it does.

I don't really know the exact premise of the HOM just that it's obviously Scarlet Witch's reality powers at work. I think the justifications that it's what all of the heroes want makes a lot of sense.

It's definately, with Gwen aside even, everything spider-man has always dreamed of, and pretty much the opposite of what he has. He gets to keep his powers and has everything he's always mentioned he could never have - including a child.

I'm pretty on board that he is pro- Gwen. :)

Considering that I am kind of tired of MJ, not that anything will ever come of it.

Bear in mind the Spider-Man story I mentioned is in Universe X.

Earth X is great, and in my opinion, the worst of the three. Which tells you how much I regard the rest of the trilogy.

Earth X is a wonderful book, and worth very penny. By the end of the trilogy, you will fall in love with every Marvel character ever made ever.

Plus, the amazing thing if you get into Universe X and Paradise X is how much the comic accomplishes.

The trilogy pretty much answers EVERY SINGLE Marvel Universe mystery. ALL of them. Lesser series would spend 12-issues on one mystery. These guys solve a mystery almost every issue, such as:

What is Wolverine's real origin?
What are the Celestials' interest in Earth?
What is the plan of the Elders of the Universe?
Where do superpowers come from?
What is the origin of Thor and the whole of Asgard?
What is Mephisto really up to?
How do all the alternate Marvel universes fit together?
What is Galactus' true purpose?
Who is the strange man at the end of time called, "He Who Remained"?"
What is vibranium and where does it come from?
Why do the Watchers watch?

And if this wasn't enough, it also answers:
Why do people suffer?
and
What created the big bang, and thus the universe?

And if that still wasn't enough, we are exposed to the underlying order that ties all the characters of the Marvel universe together - of every Marvel universe (including the Ultimate universe), as well as the real hidden truths behind each of them and their part to play in the grand tapestry of creation.

Hell - the trilogy is more like a religious text than a superhero story.

Last edited:

Holy crap.

That sounds AWESOME! You have just hyped the trilogy something fierce and I must say, I am dying to read it now. I have kind of wanted to read it for a while but I didn't know there was so much to it. It sounds really interesting. Argh! I think next pay I'll try to find them online and purchase them.

Thanks for the sweet info!

And er as for on topic, obviously Gwen was with spidey. I am interested in reading May's reaction to this...

Rawb said:
That sounds AWESOME! You have just hyped the trilogy something fierce and I must say, I am dying to read it now. I have kind of wanted to read it for a while but I didn't know there was so much to it. It sounds really interesting. Argh! I think next pay I'll try to find them online and purchase them.

I swear to God - all I say is true.

Also, the Earth X hc is out soon - either wait for it or don't. But the Universe X and Paradise X tpbs shouldn't be hard to get - but read Earth X first. Or your brain will die.

Also, don't expect too much from the Ultimate universe connection - it's only a panel towards the end of Paradise X.

But in this comic - a panel can mean A LOT.

Oh - and I haven't even mentioned the STORY yet.

That's right - there's a HUGE story involving... EVERYTHING - and the mysteries are part of the BACKSTORY.

It's unbelievably huge.

And outrageous things happen in it.

It sounds like I'm over-hyping it... I'm not.

*sigh*

I'm off to read it.

Last edited:
Ahhh!!

You'd better not be joking, man! That sounds too cool. Is it painted? It sounds like the type of comic that might be painted. Who writes and draws it? Ahh want to read want to read!!

yeah...it's solid work...you gotta pay attention to nearly every single panel...the entire earth x trilogy needs to be read with care...it's not a quick read through by anymeans...but it's worth every minute

Rawb said:
Ahhh!!

You'd better not be joking, man! That sounds too cool. Is it painted? It sounds like the type of comic that might be painted. Who writes and draws it? Ahh want to read want to read!!

I'm so not joking.

The covers are painted, but not the interiors.

The trilogy is written by Jim Krueger and Alex Ross (who're also doing the 12-issue Justice DC comic in August) - Ross does the covers, which all link together to make one uber-image. The interiors for Earth X are by Jean Paul Leon. The interiors to Universe X and Paradise X are by Doug Braithwaite. The specials are done b various other pencillers.

Each part of the Earth X trilogy is #1-12, with #0 and #X as bookends for each (so each is 14-issues, totalling 42 issues). Between Universe X and Paradise X is a 3-issue mini called "Heralds". Universe X and Paradise X both have around half a dozen specials each, that trail off the major storyline to deal with a specific section of the Marvel universe, such as the Spider-Man special, the "Beasts" special (this is the Marvel characters based on animals - Beast, Black Panther, Wendigo...), a Captain America special which will completely alter the way you look at Cap forever, "Devils", an X-Men special, "Ragnarok"...

All the specials and "Heralds" are all in the appropriate tpbs.

hot indeed...i wasn't sure what i was getting myself into when i first stumbled across the earth x tpb...but man oh man....it's so freaking deep (which i love and appreciate) and it touches on TONS of facts and occurances throughought the entire marvel universe...it's as epic as epic can get in the comics world

Bass said:
It sounds like I'm over-hyping it... I'm not.

He's not.

Earth X is my favorite comic story ever.

Siphoned off from the Spidey thread. No spoilers so far but if you want some, I bumped up the existing (and blessedly short) thread so go for it.

Caduceus said:
Siphoned off from the Spidey thread. No spoilers so far but if you want some, I bumped up the existing (and blessedly short) thread so go for it.

i was mighty confused for a minute there...but seeing as how this had nothing to do with what the thread's title was, then you made the right call cad

Latest posts

Back