Elseworlds Game, Round Two

Langsta

"In Elseworlds, heroes are taken from their usual settings and put into strange times and places--some that have existed, and others that can't, couldn't, or shouldn't exist. The result is stories that make characters who are as familiar as yesterday seem as fresh as tomorrow."
- DC Comics

Okay, well, obviously, same rules as last round. The moderator for the round (me) sets up the premise, and each contestant (you) tries to conceptualize the theme in the most creative way. The winner of the previous round (that's me again) will determine the theme and become the moderator for the next round, and the moderator cannot compete in the theme they determine.

The theme for this round is:
Watchmen in the Elizabethan Era / Golden Age of England (1558-1603)

I'm not very good at this kind of thing. And with Watchmen, you already know the outcome of the story, but I figure, it's the journey that makes it worthwhile. Or something. I imagined this to be like, Watchmen, written by Shakespeare. Please let me know if this is the ****tiest round we've ever done.

You've got one week. The round ends Friday, January 25 (uh, midnight I guess). Good luck, and may God have mercy on your soul.

watchmen.jpg
+
Shakespeare.jpg
= ?

Last edited:
It has merit, and is a good choice and will be tough.

I like it.

Heh, thanks. I was about to say "Wow, what a major turnout! I must say, I've really outdone myself with this, my first and likely only Elseworlds round!"

Last edited:
Wow. Uuhh... I'll get on it...

Edit: Got it! The answer is, "Prospero's Men".

Last edited:
The round is supposed to end tomorrow....Aaaand there are no entries yet.:lol:

I guess if I don't receive any entries by then, someone else can start a new round.

Last edited:
One upon a time there were these people. They were called watchmen. They rented William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet staring Leonardo DiCaprio. They enjoyed it so much they gave wrote a positive review on IMDB.com. Which they got to experience after they found a delorean in their Elizabethan Era and they accidentally send it back to the future!

The end

if no one else enters I win! :lol:

Last edited:
One upon a time there were these people. They were called watchmen. They rented William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet staring Leonardo DiCaprio. They enjoyed it so much they gave wrote a positive review on IMDB.com.

The end

if no one else enters I win! :lol:

Heh.

Don't people actually have to vote for someone though?

Also, this is supposed to take place during the Elizabethan Era. Romeo + Juliet starring Leonardo DiCaprio wasn't around back then. Movies weren't even around back then. However, plays were basically the Elizabethan Era counterparts of movies, so you could have tied that in somehow. In fact, you could have tied in actual plays, like people watching plays and stuff, like outside of the fourth wall and stuff....and tie that in to the story.

Last edited:
Mole's technically doesn't count (as I said before) because Romeo + Juliet starring Leo DiCaprio didn't exist back then.

Fixed it :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Well you should have further identified who these "Watchmen" are, how they are related to the 80s Watchmen (I'm not talking about like different incarnations of Watchmen like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, I'm just saying that there should be some sort of clues that describe these Watchmen in a way that relates them to the 80s Watchmen, like most Elseworlds concepts). Because the only thing they have in common with Moore's Watchmen is their name, and the only thing we KNOW about them besides that is that they rented a video tape using their Delorean.

Last edited:
:lol:

Well you should have further identified who these "Watchmen" are, how they are related to the 80s Watchmen (I'm not talking about like different incarnations of Watchmen like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, I'm just saying that there should be some sort of clues that describe these Watchmen in a way that relates them to the 80s Watchmen, like most Elseworlds concepts). Because the only thing they have in common with Moore's Watchmen is their name, and the only thing we KNOW about them besides that is that they rented a video tape using their Delorean.

1st) I've not read Watchmen
2nd) The Delorean took them to the future where they rented the dvd :lol: It covers the requirement

I say mole wins.

Sorry, I would have competed in this round, but, to me, it feels like trying to make an Elseworld of Watchman would be like saying, "Okay, I want you to rewrite Nabokov's Lolita, except IT'S THE WILD WEST!"

Last edited:
I say mole wins.

I didn't want to win. I hoped me doing that would make people say "mole can't win" and then post one. It seems a shame to have a joke entry as the only one.

I didn't want to win. I hoped me doing that would make people say "mole can't win" and then post one. It seems a shame to have a joke entry as the only one.

Well, I've got an entry, but it's just

Prospero's Men, from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

My entry will just be the first real Alan Moore story about Prospero's Men.... whenever he decides to release that.

zombi is right though. such an important part of watchmen is the time in which it takes place- the paranoia of the cold war, etc.

Latest posts

Back