Enough Ultimate titles?

OK this is my opinion. Basically, the four titles that the Ultimate Universe has covers the most important areas of Marvel. It could work great as it is. IF they wanted to make another title, it would have to cover areas of Marvel that the other Ultimate Titles havent already covered. The only titles that could do that are Daredevil (*shudder*), Hulk and Thor (since they wont be in the ultimates anymore).

So the most possible would be
DAREDEVIL
HULK
THOR

I wouldnt want them to start any of these, but i think these would be the most likely. I really DO NOT wanna start collecting a DD or Thor title tho!

I definately wouldnt say most popular. But he is the most likely to get an ultimate title cuz no other comic has DDs universe in it. Id say DD is the most probable followed by Ghost Rider. Then maybe Hulk. Thor and SS i dont think are possible that much.

TheManWithoutFear said:
as mini's...

Let's face it if you guys are all against UDD ongoing what makes you think another marvel character besides him would get an ongoing over him? He's the most popular character not to be in an ultimate title...
We've been over this before. The ultimate books were to get rid of decades of continuiy mess. DD doesn't have that. The other titles did.

What they need is a Punisher title that looks at the underworld of the ultimate universe. They can have Daredevil as a recurring character that keeps trying to bring Frank to justice.

thee great one said:
What they need is a Punisher title that looks at the underworld of the ultimate universe. They can have Daredevil as a recurring character that keeps trying to bring Frank to justice.

That wouldn't make sense because then Castle would be based in Hell's Kitchen and Daredevil would come off as the bad guy...

TheManWithoutFear said:
That wouldn't make sense because then Castle would be based in Hell's Kitchen and Daredevil would come off as the bad guy...

I know that would be a interesting twist on it.

thee great one said:
What they need is a Punisher title that looks at the underworld of the ultimate universe.

While I do think that would be a cool idea, the current MAX Punisher is enough of an ultimizaton, like the MK DD. There's nothing to "fix" and that is the whole goal of the Ultimate line.

UltimateE said:
While I do think that would be a cool idea, the current MAX Punisher is enough of an ultimizaton, like the MK DD. There's nothing to "fix" and that is the whole goal of the Ultimate line.
Ever since the Knights expansion for Marvel VS came out, compound and I have been obsessing about that actually: There's no real representation of the Knights corner of 616 within the Ultimate Universe that actually maintains a different tone from the existing Knights comics.

The thing is, the only way to really justify Ultimatizing the Knights corner of the universe is for it to be different from BOTH the 616 Knights and the existing cornerstones of Ultimate continuity (Ultimate Fantastic Four = science fiction approach, The Ultimates = geopolitical commentary, Ultimate X-Men = sociopoltical/sociocultural exploration and Ultimate Spider-Man = teenage drama).

There's an idea compound suggested, but I doubt MwoF is going to like it. At all. We'll probably never hear the end of it if I even post it.

ourchair said:
Ever since the Knights expansion for Marvel VS came out, compound and I have been obsessing about that actually: There's no real representation of the Knights corner of 616 within the Ultimate Universe that actually maintains a different tone from the existing Knights comics.

The thing is, the only way to really justify Ultimatizing the Knights corner of the universe is for it to be different from BOTH the 616 Knights and the existing cornerstones of Ultimate continuity (Ultimate Fantastic Four = science fiction approach, The Ultimates = geopolitical commentary, Ultimate X-Men = sociopoltical/sociocultural exploration and Ultimate Spider-Man = teenage drama).

There's an idea compound suggested, but I doubt MwoF is going to like it. At all. We'll probably never hear the end of it if I even post it.
Okay, I NEED to know what would freak Xtf out that much.

ourchair said:
(Ultimate Fantastic Four = science fiction approach, The Ultimates = geopolitical commentary, Ultimate X-Men = sociopoltical/sociocultural exploration and Ultimate Spider-Man = teenage drama).

Very astute.

ourchair said:
the existing cornerstones of Ultimate continuity (Ultimate Fantastic Four = science fiction approach, The Ultimates = geopolitical commentary, Ultimate X-Men = sociopoltical/sociocultural exploration and Ultimate Spider-Man = teenage drama).

Never noticed that - kudos to you.

I'd expand on the fantastic four by suggesting that it's a commentary on a social divide too. Ben and Johnny know nothing about science and just tag along because they really have little else to do, and have no knowledge of science. There is a very clear rift in the unit through this, but is cohesive due to their interdependency. you can even look at it as a political microcosm.

But that's straying from the point. Though I shall say that the geo-political nature of the ultimates is played out so well. Each character s in themselves an anti-hero, none are truly likable, yet we follow their actions intently anyway.

Latest posts

Back