Eternals Series Discussion (spoilers)

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Who picked this up today?

Everybody love it as much as I did...

Cuz I thought it was ****ing AMAZING.

I got it. I was hesitant about getting it....but I'm glad I did.

It's more awesome than Kool-Aid Man busting thru your wall and offering you free drinks.

I loved the play on words with the names. Ikaris----Ike Harris. Makkari---Mark Curry (although I admit I thought his name would've been Mercury or something to that effect with weird spelling because of them mentioning he likes to "go fast").

Last edited:
Makkari is Mercury, I'm pretty sure.

Mythic Gods used to be supposedly based off of The Eternals. Now that they've introduced the Greek Gods into Marvel Continuity, I'm not sure anymore.

I got it - it was good. I'm not a big JRJR fan but his art looked good here. It didn't look as "dumbed down" as it normally does.

Pretty standard intro, but I felt like the characters were introduced pretty well.

I wish I had my Eternals hardcover so I had some background on this though.

Well, I'm trade waiting this, but I figured it would be good. Gaiman has done excellent work in the past, namely with 1602. I expected he would do good here.

So when this comes out in trade, I'll get the other HC and this.

Ehhh, I thought it was mediocre at best, which surprised me, given the creative team. I expected much more. The characters seemed pretty flat and lifeless (not to mention dense).

The "Registration PSA" bit from Wasp and Reed Richards annoyed the heck out of me - also, settling it so firmly in current Marvel continuity makes the story timeline problematic. Sersi was an Avenger, which seems pretty much impossible now. I'd just as soon have seen this series completely decoupled from the 616 and allow it to be off on its own, where stuff like this doesn't have to be exlained or even considered.

The entire point of this series was to anchor it into mainstream Marvel continuity. They are working to resolve the issues regarding the characters not fitting in, and to essentially cement them in place as one of the several dominant life forms in the galaxy.

But i definitely disagree with the dense and lifeless comment.

I did not. Untill Mr. Gaiman does something for DC I'll be happy pciking up the nice hardcover 6 months from now.

I enjoyed it. I thought the story was interesting, all be it very confusing (I'm gonna have to read it again). I thought JRJR's art was great.

I loved the idea of "America's Next Superhero". I loved the way that the superheroes were completely confused by the message about their challenge. My mom loves "America's Next Top Model" and I've seen that this is exactly what happens whenever they give the models a challenge. They give them impossibly simple clues that just seem to go right over their heads. "What's Bollywood? I don't get it!".

I wouldn't take Gaiman for an "America's Next Top Model" fan, though.

im with projectx this first issue was horriable i hate the srory and i hate all the caracters im saving my money i will not be getting issue 2 i dont know what all the buzz is about

Gadzookie said:
im with projectx this first issue was horriable i hate the srory and i hate all the caracters im saving my money i will not be getting issue 2 i dont know what all the buzz is about

Gah!!!! :shock: Why has my computer not exploded yet???

Spellcheck is worth it's weight in gold. :wink.

So I guess me and DSF are the only ones getting this on a continual basis...........or at least until it starts sucking.

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
So I guess me and DSF are the only ones getting this on a continual basis...........or at least until it starts sucking.

I'm getting it. I liked it...the first issue wasn't as strong as 1602, but it was good enough to keep getting.

This has a very Vertigo feel to it. Typical Marvel fanboys probably aren't going to like it.

E said:
This has a very Vertigo feel to it. Typical Marvel fanboys probably aren't going to like it.

THAT'S IT!!!! I was trying to figure out what this comic was like and I couldn't put my finger on it.

It didn't seem very Marvel except for JR's art. Now I can sleep......

thee great one said:
my friend is a buffon.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Whats a Buffon?

His friend's a soccer player.

buffon3.jpg

Who is this Khaled?

Why is he creating soccer players?

And what does he have to do with the Eternals?

Perhaps he is one of the Deviants.

Latest posts

Back