Eternals Series Discussion (spoilers)

E said:
I'm getting it. I liked it...the first issue wasn't as strong as 1602, but it was good enough to keep getting.

This has a very Vertigo feel to it. Typical Marvel fanboys probably aren't going to like it.

I'm not a typical Marvel fanboy. I didn't like it.

Can I be fixed?

"Not by a Jedi..."

ProjectX2 said:
I'm not a typical Marvel fanboy. I didn't like it.

I didn't say it would appeal to everyone except typical Marvel fanboys.

I got it and enjoyed it quite a bit. The writing and dialog was excellent (when compared to some of Bendis's work, there's simply no comparison). It does have a vertigo feel but only in context that the dialog isn't written for 10 year olds. It's far more mature (hence the T+ rating).

Romita Jr did a real nice job here and it flowed nicely. I only sorta liked his work on Wolverine and Sentry but here, he seemed to be able to flourish.

Overall, 4/5. This was a strong beginning to something with great potential.

It was rather a good read, although a part of me would have much preferred if this was a solid re-imagining, instead of an update. It shouldn't have to be in the regular MU, although I understand that's the whole point of this mini, to bring the Eternals back into continuity.

I usually don't like remakes or reimaginings, but something about the Eternals just doesn't fit in the MU nowadays, what with the current tone of Marvel being a more gritty, down to earth one.

Anyway, still very enjoyable, and I'm impressed with Romitas work. The only gripe I have with the artistic side is that I wish they would have used Isanova (spelling? The fella who coloured 1602). Would have given everything a slightly more surreal feel to it.

Fuzzy Birds said:
It was rather a good read, although a part of me would have much preferred if this was a solid re-imagining, instead of an update.

Totally, completely, 100% agreed.

Eternals is a worth-reading line so far.Not the best storyline I have ever seen.But it's nice.Real nice.It's one of the few lines i am really looking forward to read the rest.

The bad part is they are not gonna let it stay as 6 issues , marvel is planning a 7th issue just to connect The Eternals to the civil war , hope that won't ruin the comic.

I got this out the library a while back...I really liked it, but the end was just left hanging...I'm trying to find any info about what's gonna follow this up? Seems a bit pointless to bring the eternals back into continuity just to leave them.

I loved the art very kirbyish. Great story, just left me wanting more. Anyone finds any interview with gaiman afterwards or anything I would be appreciative. I read the interview when he's starting the series. I hate the way Joe Q makes it sound like Bendis has already thought of Gaiman's ideas...what's up with that?

I'm surprised no one is discussing the new on-going series by the Knaufs. Maybe we should start a new thread.... hmmm

The new eternals series right now is alot like the early parts of the knaufs run on Iron Man, great character stuff, kinda wandering around with no direction, but it'll build to something great

Knauf's last arc on D.O.S > Fractions first arc on IIF

Latest posts

Back