Eureka (Sy-Fy) Discussion & Spoilers.

Re: Eureka (Sci-Fi) Discussion & Spoilers.

Tonight!!

w00t!! :rockon:

Today the gave (and still are) a marathon of all of Season 2. from 8am-9pm. Then, of course, 9 having the season premiere.

Last edited:

So while the premier was nothing special in the problem of the week vein I like the idea of a corporate streamliner working over Global Dynamics.

Which makes sense with the recent rash of happenings going on over there.

Personally, I think she is truly after Zane.

Late to the game, but better late then never, no?

Season premiere was cool. I knew from the commercials that I was gonna hate Fisher. I do. She is one stone cold *****, which I can't wait 'til she's gone.

BUT! This character is making the show very interesting, I'll say that. And I wonder what the hell the purple liquid bottle she was holding at the end of the first episode was, and if it ties in with the WWII era clips of Eureka she was watching. What sinister plan does she have? What's she really trying to accomplish in Eureka? I hope it's not something cliche. Or at the very least, not something done in a cliche manner.

Last week's episode was better. It was obvious (least to me) that the creature we saw (or part of it- whatever) in the commercial was gonna turn out to be the missing guy, Bob, that they were looking for. But man, the whole ecosystem under Eureka? That really is freaking fantastic. Seeing that made me go in awe! It was a nice twist that Bob wasn't the only one having the problem; I certainly didn't think it would happen to everyone.

And the rain- recycled urine? Yeah....gross to beyond max. :sick:

I didn't expect Henry to be out of jail so quickly. I mean, it's only been two episodes. I thought he'd be locked up for another couple eps. or so. I bet that with Henry's knowledge, Fisher wants to use him to her secret plans.

The one thing I will say that I'm not liking is Carter being all iffy (for the lack of a better word) about Nathan and Allison being back together and getting re-married. There was never any chemistry between Carter and Allison. They really don't seem like a good matchup anyways. Carter was great with Callie, where is she?! She needs to come back and become a regular supporting character. She doesn't necessarily need to be showing up all the time. I mean, look at Vincent. He has good enough supporting character screen time. They can do the same with Callie.

And now for tomorrow's episode:

Season 3, Episode 3:

Title:
"Best in Faux"

Synopsis: N/A

Tonight's episode:

Season 3. Episode 4.

Title
: "I Do Over"

Synopsis: On Allison and Stark's wedding day, Sheriff Carter finds himself stuck in a time loop; causing him to experience the same lousy day over and over again. Meanwhile, Sheriff Carter's sister, Lexi, visits Eureka.

Airdate: 8/19/08

Umm...wow...

This was probably one of the best episode of the entire series. When I read this was a time-loop episode, I honestly was, "Great. Another show with time-loop where Carter will have to do something nice to fix it."

But no. And man was it more than I expected. And the whole, "someone will die" from the preview, I really thought it was a red-herring of sorts. I...really couldn't believe Stark is gone. I was in awe. Shocked. Goosebumps all over my body. It was so sad, especially seeing him go with a smile. He never got to get married. Stark.... :cry:

I'm sure though that one way or another, he'll be back. This really seemed like a mid-season/season finale type episode, but worth it nonetheless.

In an interview, Ed Quinn said Nathan Stark is inspired by Marvel Comics' Tony Stark, as Andrew Cosby, the creator of Eureka, is also the co-founder of independent comic book publisher Boom! Studios and an Iron Man fan.

I knew it wasn't coincidental!

How would he do that if he doesn't have the field inside him anymore?

Doesn't mean he's not smart.

Remember, this is a show about science. The kid had the brains before the field, he still has the brains now. He'd figure out a way to get Stark out that way.

Doesn't mean he's not smart.

Remember, this is a show about science. The kid had the brains before the field, he still has the brains now. He'd figure out a way to get Stark out that way.

I think his return could likely tie into with whatever Fisher is up to.

Anyone see the Mummy episode?

It was very good, and before the reveal of the guy found out as a mummy, I was like, "I bet he's a mummy now because of the 'curse'." It wasn't the curse, but he was a mummy. Though I thought at first he'd be a walking 'alive' mummy.

Now, the camera woman, wasn't that the same actor who did the whole Sexual Harassment training? Or maybe she just looked like her? It sounded like her, too...

And the little joke they did towards Heroes. "Save Fargo, save the world." I laughed. :lol:

So no episode tonight, but it returns next week. And the preview looked cool. A superhero in Eureka? Hmm...

Season 3. Episode 6.

Title
: "Phased and Confused"

Synopsis: A mysterious "superhero" who can walk through walls is causing a ruckus in Eureka.

Airdate: 9/9/08

So we had the mid-season finale this week. No word yet on when the show returns.

The last two episodes were very good. I have to admit that the last episode redeemed Thorne. After everything was revealed, I couldn't help but stop hating her.

But man, the bombshell of them all: The General told Jack, "No More Sheriff!"

:shock:

I can't wait to see what happens now that gives the general no choice but to bring back Jack as the Sheriff. So I guess this means Jo is no longer the Deputy? I wonder if the general is even going to spare her.

Although, it would be interesting to see Jack as not the Sheriff for a couple episodes. GAH! I hope it comes back soon!!

Eureka Unscripted

A blog site from the producers and crew, telling behind-the-scenes stuff.

Still no date for the second half of Season 3 (no change from early to mid '09).

From the blog:

After a six-week production hiatus while we caught up on scripts, we began production last week on my next episode, "Your Face or Mine?" with Colin Ferguson making his directorial debut. This is the third time that we've shot episodes out of order at the beginning of a season, and for unique reasons. In order for Colin to have time to prep the episode, he couldn't be in the middle of production as our lead actor. By shooting what is slated as episode 10 first, he has time to focus solely on directing. The plot of the episode is also purposely Carter-light to allow Colin maximum time behind the camera, which presented its own challenges in the story-breaking and writing. The good news is that it gave us a chance to focus on some of our other lovable characters. The central story of this episode rests on Jo Lupo's shoulders as she essentially gets to be Carter for the day. The concept is fun and emotional and Erica Cerra has really stepped up to the challenge. And Colin's doing a great job in the director's chair (but we're still not letting him out of his acting contract).

Colin directing will be fun. On Sci-Fi's website, they have the video up from the Eureka panel from SDCC 08. In there it was said that both Colin and Joe Morton (Henry Deacon) will have a turn in directing.

The blog has finally updated (on the 21st) since October.

Still no word when they will start airing again, but they did reveal some info about an episode we'll see in the future. The episode is called "Have an Ice Day!" which is directed by Joe Morton (Henry Deacon).

Also, someone new is joining the cast:

axTui5wr1j09opjfTsTRGjVno1_500.jpg

Our very own Colin Ferguson with our newest addition to the Eureka family, actress Jaime Ray Newman! Guess we caught Colin by surprise!

On the official Eureka forum, someone mentions that on March 24th, Sci-Fi is airing the 8 Season 3 episodes for a marathon. I wonder if this means the rest of Season 3 is coming back then or not too long after that? 3/24 is a Tuesday after all....

Latest posts

Back