Evil Dead - Timeline

Screenshot_20240121_135626_Chrome.jpg
I think there's a short window where the molotov could be thrown through the window in Freddy's Dead during the first episode. Perhaps the Dream Demons go into Freddy after telling him that he will be immortal, he thus survives the first fire, then the mob go inside the power plant and he's set on fire again which is when he dies (at that point he knows he'll survive). Also, he was taken to court in 1966 and 1968 to explain the different reasons he was allowed to walk free.

I like how in Sister's Keeper, they comment on how a character is from the 60s... which was only 6 years ago? I mean, they're not technically wrong though.

Last edited:
Just curious, why you took out at some point the 2 video games Evil Dead: Hail to the King and Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick?

Different histories for the Necronomicon.

Okay, so... Freddy graduated in 1970 (wtf?) according to Freddy's Nightmares, and 20 years later he massacred his high school reunion. His high school friend, who he let live, went on to give a script to Hollywood which was turned into a film known as A Nightmare on Elm Street.

However, it is something that can be ignored apparently.
Screenshot_20240121_203919_Chrome.jpg
So... uh... maybe it's actually the class of '60 and 20 years later places that episode in 1980? You know, this show would work so much better as a prequel set before the first film. That site places it in 1991-1999 to bridge that 10 year gap between the 5th and 6th films though, so... it's kind of a crap situation.

Last edited:
A 1980 placement might work for 2x12 actually, since John and Debbie Johnson die in 2x04 and are alive in 2x12.

Nevermind, they reference their 9 year old daughter, who is still a child in 2x04 (and dies). Since 2x04 references 1981 as a previous year, it's gotta go:

1980 - 2x12 (Story #2)
1982 - 2x04
1983 - 2x12 (Story #1)

This is such a broken timeline already.

2x12 does give the origin for the in-universe A Nightmare on Elm Street film series referenced in Evil Dead Rise and the Hatchet comics technically speaking (going off of Slasher connections), so it's nice that there's a bit of accidental continuity flowing here.

Also, so many fictive layers here!

Layer 1 - Real world
Layer 2 - Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Layer 3 - A Nightmare on Elm Street film series
Layer 4 - A Nightmare on Elm Street in-universe film series

The Pamela Tapes say Jason was 12 when he died (born in 1945).
Jason Goes to Hell says that Jason was born on June 13, 1946.
The Pamela tapes say Jason was "10 years old yesterday" (born in 1947?).
Pamela's Tale places his birth in 1948.

So... what the heck is going on!?! Lol

I'll use the films as a priority. It's pretty much in the middle anyway.

2x05
1000006103.png
5/10/16

Alright, so Ash actually meant "30 years to this day (plus 3 more)" in episode 1. Probably just sounds better to lie slightly when he's trying to woo someone.

Continuity errors
Issue 4 depicts flashbacks to the events of previous Army of Darkness comics, including Montezuma's Revenge, Ash Vs. The Classic Monsters, Ash Saves Obama, and Ash In Space. While Montezuma's Revenge and Ash vs. The Classic Monsters take place in the Earth-818793 continuity, Ash In Space took place in the Ash And The Army of Darkness continuity, and Ash Saves Obamawas it's own self-contained story.

The solicitation for the first issue of this series also implied that this was a follow-up to the Die!Namite Lives event, though no such connection is ever acknowledged within the 1979 story or the Die!Namite Never Dies series.
I will MAKE it work. Ash erased everything that happened after he returned to the present in Vol. 2, so the alternate sequel of Ash and the Army of Darkness might be able to fit. It might make absolutely no sense, but I bet I can squeeze it if I try. I read 1979 before, I'm pretty sure Ash implied he was alive in the 70s, so you can probably use a historical setting and take the TV show as canon in this I guess.

Call it an experimental timeline, separate from the main thing. Just for fun.

Okay, so the way I see it, Ash erased everything after his return to the present. He wiped his memories so he doesn't recall all his Evil Dead trilogy/Ash and the Army of Darkness events (to relieve himself of hid chosen one status), and the Sheila in the present day is either a time remnant or replaced her AatAoD counterpart's self.

God, this is gonna be a mental exercise, I know it. Especially the "old Ash" future comics.

Last edited:
Accidentally matches with the Ash4President tie-in videos, lol.

• Ash mentions going to Hell and fighting with angels, something he did in the Ash And The League of Light series, implying that this takes place on Earth-818793. But he also mentions being an astronaut, which is something that happened to the Ash of the Ash And The Army of Darkness series, not the Ash of Earth-818793.
  • When Delilah is possessed by the Necronomicon, it warns Ash of The Great Darkness, and then shows a swarm of Demons on fire. One of the Demons is Eligos from Ash vs Evil Dead. This is his first appearance another media outside of the television series.
#ItsAllConnected

It's not incredibly important right at this moment for me, but I could include the Evil Dead 2 comics about Ann Knowby and the Ash clone since it doesn't interfere with the history of Ash-Prime. Those comics supposedly take place in the 2010s, but obviously I'd have to ignore that for the sake of the composite.

Pretty sure there's a Pumpkinhead cameo in those. Creates a slight continuity error with Pumpkinhead being one of the seven deadly sins in his comic book but in the primary 818793 comics he's not. Easy enough to justify as a visual error or distinct iterations of the same sin.

Funny that Freddy (I think) called Ash an Elvis impersonator... then Ash went on to have a crossover with Bubba Ho-Tep.
Elvis survives this film, btw. The ending is misleading. It is canonical to Bubba Ho-Tep that JFK survived and they... "dyed" his skin black. At least, I'm a believer that both Elvis and JFK are the real deal, especially since Elvis fought monsters in the prequel comic.

Sorta, but also just to work out if it fits together in general. Dynamite seem convinced that some of these standalone stories are connected, even if there's quite a few problems.

I think I'm gonna have to cover Hack/Slash eventually too, because there's three direct crossovers with Chucky, Hatchet and Evil Dead, and a crossover with Eva (from AoD comics).

1000006118.jpg
1. Elvis is a chosen one.
2. He looks like Bruce Campbell, so Bubba Ho-Tep canon before the official crossover?

Also, that's an evil killer toilet killing Sebastian Haff thinking it's the real Elvis Presley.

There's lots of ("accidental"?) continuity. The Evil Dead 2 comics say that Krampus fought young Ash, and the original Dynamite series had Krampus as a figure of evil in Ash's past.

View attachment 1871
1. Elvis is a chosen one.
2. He looks like Bruce Campbell, so Bubba Ho-Tep canon before the official crossover?

Also, that's an evil killer toilet killing Sebastian Haff thinking it's the real Elvis Presley.

There's lots of ("accidental"?) continuity. The Evil Dead 2 comics say that Krampus fought young Ash, and the original Dynamite series had Krampus as a figure of evil in Ash's past.
sooo, Bubba Ho-Tep is canon?

Latest posts

Back