Exiles series discussion (spoilers)

Guijllons said:
Beak has been used probably a little too subtly so far, be good to see him get a good story, I really like the character. As for the true nature of the timebroker/breaker, I honestly couldn't hazard a guess. As we've seen so far, even when they've had to do bad things, things work out for the best. So I'm not sure that they are being trained up exactly, though it's still a possibility.

My problem with Beak is, until the last issue or 2, he's done nothing. All that happens is Mimic explains things to him, he stands there or Sqwaks (which i find mind numbingly annoying) and then the others do everything. I liked him during his time under Morrison because he was developed and did things.

Guijllons said:
But, I'll say this, and as much as I like mimic, and he has proven himself to be a great character over the long haul. I think maybe it's time he went. And the possibility is that he will, given that he chose to remain out of time, and in that sense actually breaking the timeline that the exiles are part of themselves.
I just wish they'd find a way of managing to not have a naff 6th character all of the time. And this is my major concern of morph getting canned, is that he'll be replaced by something not great.

I personally never liked Mimic that much. He's ok but...meh. Morph is great and I was both stoked and peeved when he stayed because he is a great character but that didn't fit. The replacements are concerning me.

Guijllons said:
But really, it's kinda hard to speculate on the exiles, it's a good fun comic, but i'm pretty sure they just make it up as they go along. and that is fine for this kinda thing. Continuity schmontinuity:)

Lol. Bedard has planned out Timebrokers well though I believe. One thing he's said is that he's least likely to get rid of Blink of the core three. Considering what the last mission was, the one that gets them sent to AoA sort of indicates to me a little that Bedard aint THAT fond of Mimic. So who knows what we'll see.

Also i wonder why Blink came back to the team, and it looks like Sabretooth is back doing the displaced in time.
I'm looking forward to the timebroker arc

I'll hopefully be getting the first couple trades on saturday :D

Then I'll know what you guys are talking about :D :D :D

Shihad said:
Also i wonder why Blink came back to the team, and it looks like Sabretooth is back doing the displaced in time.
I'm looking forward to the timebroker arc

I don't know exactly why Blink is back but I do know now what happened with David in the reality she wen't back too. Nasty, nasty, nasty stuff. Sabretooth, I would guess has just been on an extended mission. He's been raising David for 20 years but I seriously doubt that he let him live after what happened with Blink. So that mission is finished. There's no reason for him to remain in that reality anymore but, without knowing how the AoA resurrection fits in, I can't guess how he could go home. The AoA arc looks sweet.

But looking at the latest cover, look at the blue foot with wings on it and five toes. Does that not look like Namora's foot among all the deceased or "returned" Weapon X/Exiles????

Well just looking at Exiles 60 and 61, it looks like there is 8 members on the cover, and then on 62 it got Mimic, Blink, Namora, Sabretooth, blink and Apocalypse son (sorry spelling), wheres beak????? how is he meant to prove himself if he not on the team? or do you reckon the numbers might get expanded to allow more exiles??????

I heard about this elsewhere and someone mentioned a hostage situation but someone else said Beak's big thing was with AoA. I'm not sure how this could work out but I look forward to finding out.

The Preview of part one of the AoA arc up at popcultureshock looks awesome. The Timebroker is so EVIL!!

Re: Exiles

Took me ages to find an Exiles discussion thread. Anyway, consider my lagging interest in Bedards run suddenly reversed. What a team:

EXILES078_Cover.jpg

Marchs cover, thanks to Newsarama.

Thank god Morph's still there. He's the only X-character I like.

Spider-Man 2099 and Power Princess join. Holy crap.

Ah you beat me to it. Well im glad Sabretooth and Morph are still there but im gonna miss Mimic. Its great seeing Spidey 2099, Longshot and Power Princess (Zarda)

wow, i don't know who power princess is but i'm glad mimic is toast, he was wack. maybe now that he's gone maybe we can see some more violence. either Morph keeps this book alive as far as I'm concerned, once he's gone, I don't know if i could appreciate the book.

Synch said:
either Morph keeps this book alive as far as I'm concerned, once he's gone, I don't know if i could appreciate the book.
Exactly. To me, Morph is the heart of the team. Everybody else can leave and new members can join, but it wouldn't be the Exiles without him.

Power Princess is from the Squadron Supreme. She's the Wonder Woman of it.

Doc Comic said:
Exactly. To me, Morph is the heart of the team. Everybody else can leave and new members can join, but it wouldn't be the Exiles without him.

You'll be hard pressed to find an Exiles fan who disagrees with you there. Not only is he hilarious (especially in Winick and McKone/Calafiores original run; not so much in Bedard and Pelletiers), but he is a genuinely well developed character. His love for Mariko was really touching, and that flashback issue very early in the series where the team spend a day on a nude beach and Mariko and Morph go off shopping is possibly one of my favourite issues of any comic. Hits all the right emotional notes, and really hammers Morph home as a character so much more than the usual comic relief.

Go Morph.

I never really liked morph, even at the start....... i thought Mimic was a better character (i haven't got world tour yet, i'm gona get it in trades, but i saw that Protous goes into mimics body, but i dunno if he alive or dead)

Well, I just ordered the first two trades. I've heard nothing but good about this series and being a long time fan of Sliders, I think I'll probably enjoy Exiles.

count me as one of the "morph rules" types. he is the all american, super awesome hero. knows responsibility, funny, powerful. all around good guy. he's like plastic man if he was at all serious.

iceman said:
count me as one of the "morph rules" types. he is the all american, super awesome hero. knows responsibility, funny, powerful. all around good guy. he's like plastic man if he was at all serious.
I never read any Exiles before, but I saw the preview on newsrama, and Morph seems like a really cool character, glad to see Spidey 2099 is around

Morph is one of my favorite exiles. I really liked the team of Mimic, Morph, and Blink. I was pissed to see Mimic die, but I guess every "major" arc, like World Tour, has to have a major change. I don't want to see Morph die too.

I'm holding out hope for a Deadpool like resurrection. For those of you who don't know, Deadpool of the former Weapon X team, evil Exiles, was thought to be dead but came out of nowhere and came back swinging. Mimic mimiced Deadpool's healing factor and Deadpool was killed shortly there after. Mimic still had Deadpool's healing factor upon his death.

Yea but he only "mimics" the ability. His powers are only 1/2 of the person he mimiced off. At least I think that's how I remember it. And I don't think he can come back with only half of DP's juice.

Latest posts

Back