Fantastic Four Reboot

Everyone who put together the '94 knew it was crap. It was only done so the film rights weren't lost. I never finished that one. I think I went like 15 or minutes before I stopped watching it. 2015's better by comparison, but that's not saying much. At all.

It makes the 2015 one worse in a way, due to the exceedingly higher budget and talent involved. The 1994 one was always a sham job from the producers/directors viewpoint: low budget, filmed over a few weeks, D-list talent (I don't think the actors knew at the time it was never meant for release, which they found out later). The 2015 version was just a pretentious abomination that you could tell no one involved with making it was taking the job seriously. Trank really Tranked it. Horrible movie. And Fox greenlighting it shows their execs have no idea what to do with the FF either. The 2005/2007 movies weren't great, but they at least got a few things perfect, namely Chiklis' Ben/Thing and Evans' Johnny Storm. However, again, the studio (and maybe director) chose Jessica Alba as Sue, which was a mistake. And what's his name was a decent Reed, but not memorable or truly evoking of Reed Richards, merely more of a shallow caricature (that's partially the scripts fault too). Same with Sue.

And of course, none have gotten Doom right yet. Three attempts and all range on variations of shallow caricature instead of imposing and brilliant antagonist.

The actors didn't know it wasn't going to be released which is why there are good performances. 1994 got closest to the source material. Even the 2015 couldn't adapted Ultimate Fantastic Four correctly. I like 94 like I liked Daredevil or Ghost Rider 2, it's the closest we have currently, but once something better comes I'm going to turn on it quickly. I can't even watch Daredevil anymore, I got to when the kids are picking on young Matt and shut it off.

Latest posts

Back