Favorite Lines from Comics.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
So what famous/infamous line(s) from comics are ya favorite? So far, these two for me are the really great:

"Except Wonderman, and he don't count."

Said by the Wrecking Crew and others, Runaways #1 (Vol. 2). This line is just so halarious, since not even people in the comics think of Wonderman as someone important, the way some of us do! :lol:

"YOU THINK THIS LETTER ON MY HEAD STANDS FOR FRANCE?!"

Said by Captain America, The Ultimates #12 (Vol. 1). We all know this is one of the best lines in comics. It's so awesome, funny, and awesome. Did I say awesome? Cuz the line is just so awesome! :D

One of my favorites Ultimate lines is from Ultimate Fantastic Four #5 when the Thing is fighting the big monster:

the Thing: "Agh!! God in heaven, do you smell bad!!"
Monster: "GGYYAARRGGH!!"
the Thing: "No, I'm pretty sure it's you."

I don't know why but I liked that. :D

Here's one of my favorites from Astonishing X-Men #7, between Wolverine and Thing:

Wolverine: Oughta be grateful.

Thing: Grateful?

Wolverine: Monstro was practically capped 'fore you bothered to show.

Thing: Didn't they make a cure for your kind?

Wolverine: You gotta problem with mutants?

Thing: I meant Canadians.

:lol:

Last edited:
Wells had some funny lines in his run on Peter PArker spider-man.

Heres some form #54-55, from the robot called XP 2000 who was sent with the scorpion to destroy spider-man

First, to a fat guy (one of the ones who hired him)

XP: HEAD AND SHOULDER AREA OF AN OVERWEIGHT CAUCASIAN MALE. SEARCHING FOR NECK... SEARCHING.... (a few panels later) NECK NOT FOUND.

When he actually fought Spider-Man he used to say what he was about to do before he does it, so Spider-man knows what attack he's about to do. eg.

XP: LAUNCHING EXPLOSIVES

SPIDEY: Thanks for the warning twiggy.

XP: PREPARING TO ACTIVATE ELECTRO-ARM. 3....2....1...

By that time spidey had well moved away and moved scorpion in his place.

And this is the funniest one:

XP starts flying towards spidey with his arms out.

XP: PREPARING TO CRUSH SUBJECT IN METAL CLAWS.

SPIDEY: No come on buddy, why would you want to crush me with your claws.

XP suddenly stops

XP: QUERY NOTED...GENERATING ANSWER:

XP then goes on to tell Spidey EVERYTHING. Who hired him, where they are etc. until Scorpion destroys him.

After defeating Scorpion spidey goes to repair XP to get more information. He takes him to reed richards.

XP: YOUR XP UNIT REQUIRES MAINTENANCE. PLEASE RE-ATTACH METAL CLAWS

SPIDEY: So you can?

XP: Crush you in them.

Then while reed is fixing XP:

XP: GZZZZ....BAD TOUCH.....GZZZZZ

Spidey takes out one of his parts and looks at it.

XP: WHERE DID YOU GET THAT? IS THAT MINE YOU SON OF A...

Reed then starts sweet talking XP and XP falls in love with Reed.

XP then goes on saying things like "FRIENDS DONT KEEP SECRETS SPIDER-MAN, AND SECRETS DONT KEEP FRIENDS" and "FRIENDS ARE ANGELS LIFT OUR FEET WHEN OUR WINGS HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING HOW TO FLY"

XP was hilarious. You have to see the visuals to get the whole comedy out of it tho.

Nurhachi said:
Wells had some funny lines in his run on Peter PArker spider-man.

Heres some form #54-55, from the robot called XP 2000 who was sent with the scorpion to destroy spider-man

First, to a fat guy (one of the ones who hired him)

XP: HEAD AND SHOULDER AREA OF AN OVERWEIGHT CAUCASIAN MALE. SEARCHING FOR NECK... SEARCHING.... (a few panels later) NECK NOT FOUND.

When he actually fought Spider-Man he used to say what he was about to do before he does it, so Spider-man knows what attack he's about to do. eg.

XP: LAUNCHING EXPLOSIVES

SPIDEY: Thanks for the warning twiggy.

XP: PREPARING TO ACTIVATE ELECTRO-ARM. 3....2....1...

By that time spidey had well moved away and moved scorpion in his place.

And this is the funniest one:

XP starts flying towards spidey with his arms out.

XP: PREPARING TO CRUSH SUBJECT IN METAL CLAWS.

SPIDEY: No come on buddy, why would you want to crush me with your claws.

XP suddenly stops

XP: QUERY NOTED...GENERATING ANSWER:

XP then goes on to tell Spidey EVERYTHING. Who hired him, where they are etc. until Scorpion destroys him.

After defeating Scorpion spidey goes to repair XP to get more information. He takes him to reed richards.

XP: YOUR XP UNIT REQUIRES MAINTENANCE. PLEASE RE-ATTACH METAL CLAWS

SPIDEY: So you can?

XP: Crush you in them.

Then while reed is fixing XP:

XP: GZZZZ....BAD TOUCH.....GZZZZZ

Spidey takes out one of his parts and looks at it.

XP: WHERE DID YOU GET THAT? IS THAT MINE YOU SON OF A...

Reed then starts sweet talking XP and XP falls in love with Reed.

XP then goes on saying things like "FRIENDS DONT KEEP SECRETS SPIDER-MAN, AND SECRETS DONT KEEP FRIENDS" and "FRIENDS ARE ANGELS LIFT OUR FEET WHEN OUR WINGS HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING HOW TO FLY"

XP was hilarious. You have to see the visuals to get the whole comedy out of it tho.
:lol:
Pictures!

One of my favorite line is from Secret War 3 when Spider-Man is talking to Daredevil.

"I'm three days away from you finding me running around Times Square in nothing but my web-shooters and my mask whooping it up about power and responsibility."

What about in the Avengers Dissassembled storyline where everyone was talking about Scarlet Witch being evil, and the spidey goes "Yeah, plus, she married a robot." And everyone looks at him and Falcons like, "What are you even doing here"

TheManWithoutFear said:
When I have time I'm going to quote the entire Dialogue between DD/Cage/SM/IF in the fight scene from the King of Hell's Kitchen arc.
I'm going to do you one better and prove that doing dumb things like quoting comic books takes precedence over the deadlines for developmental psychology papers by quoting it right here, right now!

Daredevil: You cannot beat us. These streets are NOT "up for grabs." The people who live here --- their well being is not yours for the taking. We have dedicated our entire lives, specifically, to keep people like YOU from hurting people like THEM. You cannot and will not win. So I'm giving you a chance... give up.

Daredevil: Because we'll take little pleasure in hurting you. A little, sure. But just a little.

Spider-Man: You're really good at this.

(5 PAGES LATER)

Yakuza Thug: (responding to Luke Cage) D-don't hurt me!

Spider-Man: Damn Cage, you didn't even raise a hand. You beat him up with a look.

Luke Cage: It's my trademark.

Spider-Man: I gotta get a look.

(2 PAGES LATER)

Spider-Man: Jeez D, your bad guys REALLY have no sense of decorum.

Daredevil: (observes Sano trying to get away) Finish up in here. I'll take care of him.

Spider-Man: But it's time for my coffee break.

(2 PAGES LATER)

Sano: AGGH! How do you DO that? Swear to God, I'll kill you!

Daredevil: (in off panel voices) Go ahead then, Sano! Take your best shot. In fact, pop your little synthetic drug. There's one right in your jacket pocket. Go ahead, hop yourself up full of fake genetic powers you're trying to sell on the street! I want you to come at me with everything you have. So when I totally and whole-heartedly put you down--

Daredevil: I want there to be no doubt in your mind that it as complete and total. I don't want to hear you mouthing from your prison cell about how I CHEATED you out of the "victory that was rightly yours..." I want everyone to know that you lost. Badly.

(3 PAGES LATER)

Daredevil: (brawling with Sano) Thing of it is.. there were about fifty ways you could have slipped into a profitable career in drug trafficking and money laundering in this city without even getting our attention.

Daredevil: Sadly... happens every day. I can't be everywhere at once, Lord knows I've tried.... But you just blew into town all full of noisy.

Daredevil: SO arrogant! And when all's said and done, all you really did was get me back in costume. So what I am saying is... that whatever your plan was... However you thought tonight was going to end...

Daredevil: ...I bet you didn't think it was going to end THIS badly.

I would type the stuff from AFTER the fight scene but my fingers already hurt.

I really liked this one and it's recent. It's from Phoenix Endons issue #3:

Logan: Are you Jean now? or are you still the phoenix, messeing with my head?

Jean: I'm always Jean. and I'm always the Phoenix.

:D

Uncanny X-men issue #455

Betsy: I was dead. End of Story. Now I'm back. What's next?

ourchair said:
I'm going to do you one better and prove that doing dumb things like quoting comic books takes precedence over the deadlines for developmental psychology papers by quoting it right here, right now!

Daredevil: You cannot beat us. These streets are NOT "up for grabs." The people who live here --- their well being is not yours for the taking. We have dedicated our entire lives, specifically, to keep people like YOU from hurting people like THEM. You cannot and will not win. So I'm giving you a chance... give up.

Daredevil: Because we'll take little pleasure in hurting you. A little, sure. But just a little.

Spider-Man: You're really good at this.

(5 PAGES LATER)

Yakuza Thug: (responding to Luke Cage) D-don't hurt me!

Spider-Man: Damn Cage, you didn't even raise a hand. You beat him up with a look.

Luke Cage: It's my trademark.

Spider-Man: I gotta get a look.

(2 PAGES LATER)

Spider-Man: Jeez D, your bad guys REALLY have no sense of decorum.

Daredevil: (observes Sano trying to get away) Finish up in here. I'll take care of him.

Spider-Man: But it's time for my coffee break.

(2 PAGES LATER)

Sano: AGGH! How do you DO that? Swear to God, I'll kill you!

Daredevil: (in off panel voices) Go ahead then, Sano! Take your best shot. In fact, pop your little synthetic drug. There's one right in your jacket pocket. Go ahead, hop yourself up full of fake genetic powers you're trying to sell on the street! I want you to come at me with everything you have. So when I totally and whole-heartedly put you down--

Daredevil: I want there to be no doubt in your mind that it as complete and total. I don't want to hear you mouthing from your prison cell about how I CHEATED you out of the "victory that was rightly yours..." I want everyone to know that you lost. Badly.

(3 PAGES LATER)

Daredevil: (brawling with Sano) Thing of it is.. there were about fifty ways you could have slipped into a profitable career in drug trafficking and money laundering in this city without even getting our attention.

Daredevil: Sadly... happens every day. I can't be everywhere at once, Lord knows I've tried.... But you just blew into town all full of noisy.

Daredevil: SO arrogant! And when all's said and done, all you really did was get me back in costume. So what I am saying is... that whatever your plan was... However you thought tonight was going to end...

Daredevil: ...I bet you didn't think it was going to end THIS badly.

I would type the stuff from AFTER the fight scene but my fingers already hurt.

Stealin' my thunder Baxter! I've got more from that arc... I'll post it later...

Johnny falls out of a window in UFF, and just before he hits the ground, he bursts into flames and flies.

Dr Storm: "Oh thank god, now he's on fire."

Later, Reed curls into a ball and jumps out a window.

Johnny: "<if i wasn't on fire right now, i would be genuinely impressed by that>"

Heck, Thor has some wicked lines in Ultimates. So do most Ultimate characters... But Spider-Man is MKSM first issue takes the cake.

Nurhachi said:
What about in the Avengers Dissassembled storyline where everyone was talking about Scarlet Witch being evil, and the spidey goes "Yeah, plus, she married a robot." And everyone looks at him and Falcons like, "What are you even doing here"

And Spidey says, "If I had married a robot, you'd all be talking about me behind my back." :lol: Classic.

Latest posts

Back