Favorite Rogue's Gallery

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Which is your favorite rogue gallery? The X-men with Magneto, Apoclaypse, and Sabertooth or Spider-Man with Green Goblin, Venom, and Doctor Octopus. How about Batman with the Joker, Catwoman, and Two-Face. Post which one and why and who are you favorites almong them.

My favorite is the X-men. I love almost all their villains. Apocolaypse, Juggernaut, Omega Red, Lady Deathstrike, Sabertooth. They all rock. Expect for Mojo. I hate Mojo.

Mine has to be Spider-Man, simply because of how far out the villains can be. I'm rather fond of Doc Ock, Electro, Hobgoblin, Sandman - the classics. I hate Venom, though. Carnage has his high and low points, but I generally like him. I like Toxin, even though he's not a villain.

I have to go with Daredevil, Typhoid, Kingpin, BULLSEYE!, Echo,moonkinght ;), I think Daredevil's rogues are just that much better cause they're more tiwsted and insane,they are also more street, and that lil'bit more realistic, which is a blast to read. As they come across more scarier. Spider-man's rogues, are just kids compared!

Widdle Wade said:
I have to go with Daredevil, Typhoid, Kingpin, BULLSEYE!, Echo,moonkinght ;), I think Daredevil's rogues are just that much better cause they're more tiwsted and insane,they are also more street, and that lil'bit more realistic, which is a blast to read. As they come across more scarier. Spider-man's rogues, are just kids compared!

Collectively I have to go with Daredevil's too. But my favorite villain isn't in that gallery.

Daredevil's are totally more insane then anyone and a lot more realistic and criminal. Nothing beats Kingpin and Bullseye. Nothing.

Totally Batman. No one even comes close to have the same quantity of quality villains as Batman. Just look at the Batman: The Animated Series. Batman all the way.

Batman for sure. The Joker is my favourite villain of all time, especially his B:TAS version.

The Riddler, Scarecrow, Harley Quinn, Two-Face, Bane, Ventrilloquist and Scarface, the Penguin, Mr. Freeze, and Clayface(his B:TAS incarnation) are all cool too.

I prefer Catwoman as a ally/pseudo-hero(think HUSH) than a villain.

After Batman, Spider-Man has the best Rogue's Gallery, with the Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Mysterio, Shocker, Scorpion, Kraven, the Lizard, Hobgoblin, etc. Venom and Carnage are okay too, but they're overrated.

I also think McKellan's version of Magneto in the X-Men movies is fantastic, way better than any other incarnation of Magneto. He'd be right up there too.

Last edited:
Best Rogue's Gallery:

Tie between Batman and the Flash

Batman: The Joker, Two-Face, The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, The Black Mask...

The Flash: Captain Cold, Mirror Master, The Trickster, Heatwave, Capt. Boomerang, Zoom...

But the best villain ever is either Magneto or Lex Luthor... or Both.

The Flash.

Pure and simple. Best written villains in comics. They might not have the best. Or the second best. Or even the third best.

But the way they work, and the way they are written, make them be best Rogue's Gallery BY FAR.

They are the Rogues.

DIrishB said:
You hate Venom but like Carnage? Hmmm, thats a novel approach to be sure.
The thing is that Venom is very, very overused and overhyped and one-dimensional. The thing that gets me about Carnage is that with or without the symbiote, he'll still be a sociopathic maniac seeking to kill as many people as he can.

that seems a little one dimentional.

not that i like either, but still.

I've never really been impressed with Daredevil's rogues gallery. They've been used well, but the best of the lot --- Kingpin and Bullseye --- are really just criminal archetypes. The one I like most from a conceptual standpoint is Typhoid Mary simply because the amalgam of pyrokinetic psychopath and timid actress just seems 'different' enough to be interesting.

Outside of those three, Daredevil's rogues gallery has been pretty lame until Bendis came along and decided to make contextual changes or providing brief glances of the characters that make them work in the tone of his run, such as Mr. Hyde as man-savage and Owl as deformed sociopath crime-king wannabe (much like the Penguin from Batman Returns).

For my money, the Batman's villains beat up Daredevil's villains.

But if I'm sticking with Marvel, then color me obvious for saying its the Fantastic Four rogues gallery that does it for me. They're just so patently nuts that so long as one acknowledges their absurdity, they're some of the most fun villains ever. My particular faves are Red Ghost and his Super-Apes, who spouts dreams of a Marxist-Leninist Simian Principle governed world, and Psycho-Man, the emotion-controlling lord of the Microverse.

Also, i've always had a soft spot for the Puppet Master. Is it his creepy grin? His little scientist frock and metrosexually limp-wristed gloved hands? His femme-like eyelashes? Or is it simply because the concept of radioactive clay containing mind-controlling properties is just too crazy to dislike?

Definately Spider-Man, theres such a wide variety. No other rogues gallery can compare

Chameleon, Vulture, Doc Ock, Sandman, Lizard, Electro, Mysterio, Green Goblin, Kraven, Kingpin, CARNAGE, Venom, Spot, Shocker, Tombstone, Hydro Man, Owl, Rhino, Scorpion, Hammerhead and so much more

Latest posts

Back