Favorite Series Ever

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
I started a "Favorite Ultimate Story" thread that started some interesting converstations, so here's a new one. What's your favorite comic book series ever. I'm talking the whole series. When I say 'series' this includes: ongoings, minis, and one shots, from any company.

My Picks:
Top Choice: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Honorable Mentions: Watchmen, Ultimates (1 and 2), Sandman, New X Men, Marvels, Kingdom Come, Identity Crisis, and JLA: Liberty and Justice

Last edited:
Does anybody else love Dark Knight Returns? Batmans probably my favorite character, and DKR is truly his best story. Frank Miller kicks serious ***.

moonmaster said:
Does anybody else love Dark Knight Returns? Batmans probably my favorite character, and DKR is truly his best story. Frank Miller kicks serious ***.

I agree with that muchly....

But the best series ever goes to Neil Gaiman's 'The Sandman'

followed closely by Mike Carey's 'Lucifer'

But i do love Batman: Year One, and The Dark Knight Returns.... also good is Jeph Loeb's Batman: The Long Halloween and Batman: Dark Victory.... both are awesome comics.... Batman kicks arse.

Avengers V3 (Except the last few issues which were written by Austen), All Ultimate Titles, Supreme Power, Marvel Knights Spider-Man (Millars run)

Last edited:
Marvel Universe - Onslaught
Honorable Mentions - Ulimates, Ultimate Spider-Man, Origin, Batman"Hush", & JLA/Avengers.

Morrison's New X-men is right up there.

Honorable mention is X-men: The End

Tom Peyer's Hourman.

Yeah, that's right. Hourman. If you haven't read it you won't have any clue how to do a perfect humor book without sacrificing credability of the characters or situations.

Honerable mentions for 100 Bullets, Daredevil, and Preacher.

Hmmmmm............I would have to say my 2 favorite series are:

• X-Men: Mutant Genesis --- I knew about X-Men before this......but this is what really got me into comics. It just so happens that Marvel is republishing this run.
  • Danger Girl --- I dare anyone to say they read this and didn't enjoy it.

Caduceus said:
Morrison's New X-men is right up there.

Indeed.

Ultimates 2 is probably my favorite ever but I also love these stories:

Sentry
Earth X
Planetary
Global Frequency

V for Vendetta!

V for Vendetta!

V for Vendetta I say!

Very honorable mention to Lucifer who just might take the spot when it's all over.

Of the Regular ongoing, I'm obviously a big fan of USM.

Last edited:
I don't have a favourite series ever. I just like reading good stories.

Latest posts

Back