Favorite songs by people who aren't your favorite artists.

moonmaster said:
*turns on "Bodies Hit The Floor", pulls out big *** guns and does flying, shooting leap in slo-mo while camera cuts between me and shots of explosions and fighting*

Pause in music, cut to you saying a short, cool quip, ending with a curse that gets cut off by yet another explosion. Resume music.

Punisher 2, Memorial Day Weekend 2006

Last edited:
Steve GMan said:
Pause in music, cut to you saying a short, cool quip, ending with a curse that gets cut off by yet another explosion. Resume music.
"You really think you got the guts to kill me!?"
*short pause*
"No. I was just gonna kick your-"
*QUICKSHOTOFEXPLOSIONSANDFIGHTING!!!*
Punisher 2, Memorial Day Weekend 2006
:lol:

Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil went down to Georgia
Turtles - So happy Together
The Calling - Adrienne
Von Bondies - C'mon C'mon

The only songs of those bands i hear...

My Chemical Romance- Helena
Fall out boy- Dance, Dance/ grand theft autumn
Coheed and Cambria- the suffering
motion city soundtrack- the future freaks me out

icemastertron said:
Hey, Slimijim is over there.

*Points to long ship*

Whoops! I thought Nigma was the one we were joking about that.

Sorry nigma.

Kem-L said:
As for me, Du Hast by Rammstein.

One of the most lyrically brilliant songs ever created.

/sarcasm

:p

UltimateE said:
Whoops! I thought Nigma was the one we were joking about that.

Sorry nigma.

*scratching head smilly* i don't get it....it might be cuz im asian Indian, while my good pal Slim is African-American...i don't get it. but in a couple of weeks when i get my hair braided people will think im black.

New one: "Grace Kelly" by Mika. It's gotta be the catchiest darn song I've heard in months, mainly because the melody is so original.

The lyrics are great too. You can put any spin on it, but one I like is the whole "Devil Joker" persona that's gaining popularity lately(especially since it's an upbeat, playful song that doesn't sound dark at all).

Try and give it a listen. You'll see what I mean.

Ok, right off the bat :

"My Sharona" - The Knack - My vote for Catchiest Song Ever Written

And some other stuff in alphabetical order pulled from my iPod

"Gone" - Ben Folds
"D.O.A." - Bloodrock
"Pictures of Matchstick Men" - Camper Van Beethoven
"Mr. Blue Sky" - Electric Light Orchestra
"Burning Love" - Elvis Presley
"Real Summer" - Future Bible Heroes
"Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta" - The Ghetto Boys
"Mrs. Rita" - The Gin Blossoms
"Radar Love" - Golden Earring
"Hey Driver" - Lucky Boy Confusion
"Disconnect the Dots" - Of Montreal
"Korobeiniki" - Ozma
"Goodbye to You" - Scandal
"Love Missile F1-11" Sigue Sigue Sputnik
"Copperhead Road" - Steve Earle

Has anyone ever heard "Legend of Zelda" by the Rabbit Joint? It's great when you have a full minute to kill.
I haven't heard it, but I love the version by System of a Down, complete with lyrics.

Link
Has come to a town
Come to save
The Princess Zelda
Gannon put her away
Now the children don't way
But they will
When Link saves the day
(Hallelujah)!

Now Link
Fill up your hearts
So you can throw
Your sword with power!
When you're feeling all down
A fairy will come around
So you'll be brave
And not a sissy coward!

New one: "Grace Kelly" by Mika. It's gotta be the catchiest darn song I've heard in months, mainly because the melody is so original.

The lyrics are great too. You can put any spin on it, but one I like is the whole "Devil Joker" persona that's gaining popularity lately(especially since it's an upbeat, playful song that doesn't sound dark at all).

Try and give it a listen. You'll see what I mean.
A friend said the same thing to me but honestly, I think its just...bland.

A friend said the same thing to me but honestly, I think its just...bland.

I'm listening to this now on his Myspace. It's pretty good, but it's not making me want to run out and buy the album. It's getting into weird Queen territory now, too. . . I think it's lost me.

I'm listening to this now on his Myspace. It's pretty good, but it's not making me want to run out and buy the album. It's getting into weird Queen territory now, too. . . I think it's lost me.
Its not bad, by any stretch of the imagination, it just...it has no real hook, for me.

This is kind of a strange, but there's this foreign language song(I think it's German) that I've heard on the radio recently. I can't understand any of it, but it's catchy. Every time I hear it I find myself getting into song. It pisses me off because I hate liking a song that I can't understand. Anyone got an idea what song I'm thinking of?

Latest posts

Back