Favorite songs by people who aren't your favorite artists.

This is kind of a strange, but there's this foreign language song(I think it's German) that I've heard on the radio recently. I can't understand any of it, but it's catchy. Every time I hear it I find myself getting into song. It pisses me off because I hate liking a song that I can't understand. Anyone got an idea what song I'm thinking of?

What kind of format was the station you heard the song on (oldies, pop-mix, alternative, etc.) Was it a man or woman singing? Was it a faster or slower song? What kind of instrumentations did it use (lots of guitar and drums, synths, chimes and bells, whatever). All things that will help us in the deducing. Of the top of my head though, if you think it's German, there are two songs that might fit. "99 Luftballoons" by Nina like Joe said, or "Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco. Or it could have been Hasselhoff, you never know ;).

99 LUFTBALONS!!!

300px-My_Interpretation.jpg

Last edited:
A friend said the same thing to me but honestly, I think its just...bland.

Really? I could understand if you didn't like it but I can't see how anyone could describe it as bland.

It's just so up-and-downy.:)

I'm listening to this now on his Myspace. It's pretty good, but it's not making me want to run out and buy the album. It's getting into weird Queen territory now, too. . . I think it's lost me.

I think that's intentional. Notice how he references Freddie Mercury in the song.;)

By the way, here's the Music Video for anyone else interested in seeing it or hearing the song.

Last edited:
"Girlfriend" - Avril Lavigne. :oops:

You know she doesn't actually want to be your girlfriend, right?

I love how she made a career doing heartfelt, passionate songs about how her men should respect her and not be dicks all the time..... and then follows it up with a song begging random guys to dump their girlfriends and shack up with her for no reason.

You know, to just completely hi-jack this thread (and get it on the topic of talented female musicians), does anybody listen to Joanna Newsom? I just got her albums recently and they are GOD-DAMN incredible. She can go from sad, airy tunes, to punchy upbeat numbers, and down into utter weirdness without missing a beat and its all good. Seriously, people need to check her out if you already haven't

The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love

I can't stand Fall Out Boy and wish they would get hit by a bus.

But I do like their cover of Beat It.

Latest posts

Back