Favourite Alan Moore work?

What is your favourite Alan Moore work?

• Total voters
I don't think I could spend more than twenty minutes in a room with Alan Moore without running out in tears because of how broken the world is.
You haven't read Promethea, have you?

Moore seems like a great guy, I just think he'd be very intimidating. Klaus Janson said in the "DC Universe" trade that he's very intense in person and that "he vibrates on a different wavelength".

Moore seems like a kind and funny guy to me. I bet he'd be a great laugh to talk to.

I also reread Promethea over the last few days and I think it's a lot better now. I've picked up more things this time and I feel like more of it affected me this time, maybe because I felt like I was in the right mood.

Last edited:
I agree with Bass.

It seems that he's remarkably unpretentious about his contributions to comics in general, and he comes across as totally down to earth, and I think that becomes even more evident in audio and video interviews than it does on text.

I agree with Bass.

It seems that he's remarkably unpretentious about his contributions to comics in general, and he comes across as totally down to earth, and I think that becomes even more evident in audio and video interviews than it does on text.

Yeah, I was really surprised when I started to watch videos of him because I'd built him up to be this mysterious, occult-type comic god, both ridiculously brilliant but above everybody else as a result. When you actually watch him though, he really does seem like a fun, kind, down-to-earth guy, clearly very smart and cool but you wouldn't guess that he's one of the greatest writers of the century. If you already know, though, you can see it and I completely agree that the idea of talking to him is extremely intimidating.

This poll seems timely, given our recent posts on Alan Moore.

(My pick is still LoEG, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming LoEG 3: Century)

Latest posts

Back