Favourite Alan Moore work?

What is your favourite Alan Moore work?

• Total voters
Man, I came here looking for the option of One More Day.

I love what Moore did with the whole Spider-Man marriage issue, and how it was settled. The dynamic between Mephisto and the little girl was so not obvious that I didn't catch it till the end. Plus, I like how the whole thing was tied up with all those loose ends neatly.

Moore really outdid himself in that comic.

Could the mods add Moore's One More Day to this poll please?

Thank you

Man, I came here looking for the option of One More Day.

I love what Moore did with the whole Spider-Man marriage issue, and how it was settled. The dynamic between Mephisto and the little girl was so not obvious that I didn't catch it till the end. Plus, I like how the whole thing was tied up with all those loose ends neatly.

Moore really outdid himself in that comic.

Could the mods add Moore's One More Day to this poll please?

Thank you

OMG ALTRNATE DIMENSHUN POSTR!!!!!1111

I'm currently reading the complete Future Shocks by Alan Moore. Lots of small sci-fi stories. It's really a hoot.

Especially Abelard Snazz, the man with the two-storey brain! :D

That's right, you should be crying.

Little teary-faced baby man with tears upon his face.

goodbyesumogi5.jpg

Last edited:
I can't vote, because Watchmen is the only Moore work that I have read.

But Watchmen is just one of those works that after reading the final word, you just put down the book, tilt your head towards the sky, and just think of the story, the characters, the dialog, the scenarios.

For hours and even days.

Its one of those stories that is so damn good you almost wish that it never ended, that it could just go on and on in its brilliance. Its a work that more than redefines the genre. It rips it apart, and builds it back together in its own image.

Watchmen would have my vote. Again and again.

Or you guys could try From Hell which is possibly the most brilliant thing he's ever written.

I finished Moore's run of Miracleman today. It was amazingly good. But I still enjoyed Watchmen more. No idea why - the prospect of Gods amongst men is a wonderful premise. And it was executed wonderfully.

I just enjoy Watchmen more.

Oh yes. I don't understand half of what happened in the last 4 chapters, but it was still amazingly good.

Now will McFarlane PLEASE release a collected volume already?

Ooo! McFarlane is the BANE of Miracleman!

See, McFarlane bought Eclipso comics because they published MIRACLEMAN so he'd have the rights to the comic to reprint it and stick Mike Moran into SPAWN and what not (there is an issue with Mike Moran in it).

Then, Neil Gaiman pointed out he DIDN'T have the rights. The original agreement was that (I think when the company was sold) that the rights immediately returned to Gaiman, Moore, and the artists (or they ALWAYS had the rights - I forget which). Anyhow, McFarlane got super-pissed off because he just bought a ****ty comic company with no assets for ONE thing, and it turns out he didn't get it.

So the law suit began. McFarlane wants the rights he felt he should've got when he bought the company because he's pissed off he got ripped off by Eclipso. Gaiman (Moore gave him his share of the rights) is trying to get control of the title.

So until McFarlane stops being a stinky poo-poo head, we won't be getting any collected volumes. :(

Which begs the question why DC or Marvel doesn't just buys Eclipse from McFarlane, then sets up a deal with Gaiman?

Why would they? Eclipse has nothing worth buying. I do recall a rumour that part of 1602 or ETERNALS' profits were given to the Gaiman defence for MIRACLEMAN.

Latest posts

Back