Favourite Alan Moore work?

What is your favourite Alan Moore work?

• Total voters
Why would they? Eclipse has nothing worth buying. I do recall a rumour that part of 1602 or ETERNALS' profits were given to the Gaiman defence for MIRACLEMAN.

Wouldn't Miracleman count as something worth buying, what with it being an Alan Moore work and all?

I'll just stop here, to keep what little intelligence I seem to still possess. :)

I downloaded his poetry/music thing CDs last night and listened to one of them. Really weird stuff. He has a great voice, but I can hardly tell what he's talking about.

Interesting interview video from a while back. His interpretation of Rorschach's voice is amazing.

Spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn't read (or isn't finished reading) Watchmen.

[youtube]qKebCtCTbCA&feature[/youtube]

Last edited:
ANY live interview with Alan Moore is pretty awesome. I especially dug in Monsters, Mayhem, and Moore the several segments where he interviews himself. Great stuff, I think it's available on Youtube.

Interesting interview video from a while back. His interpretation of Rorschach's voice is amazing.

That wasn't just amazing. That was pure genius. Now, I can only hope the actor for the movie will sound like that, because now, that's all I can see Rorschach as.

That wasn't just amazing. That was pure genius. Now, I can only hope the actor for the movie will sound like that, because now, that's all I can see Rorschach as.

Well, as much as I liked it, I took it with a pinch of salt. Alan Moore has a thick Countryside-English accent, whereas Rorschach undoubtedly has some kind of New York accent.

Well, as much as I liked it, I took it with a pinch of salt. Alan Moore has a thick Countryside-English accent, whereas Rorschach undoubtedly has some kind of New York accent.
Yeah i didn't think it was all that great, but the idea of the voice he was trying to project past his accent was.

I came across that about a month ago. It was the first time I'd actually heard Moore speak.

Honestly though.... it's not the kind of voice I imagine Rorschach having. It's too lumbering and monstery. I imagine him just sounding gruff and blunt and sharp and succint, which I think sounds cooler with the truncated sentences. With this voice and the broken grammar you'd almost think he was retarded or something, rather than just completely to-the-point while also thinking too hard for his words to keep up.

If you know what I mean.

Anyway, if I were to cast a Watchmen animated movie/mini-series/special to match my own tastes.... I think I'd cast Rainn Wilson as Rorschach.

If nothing else, though, it's nice to hear Moore apparently settle the "Roarshack/Roarshock/Rawshark" debate once and for all, and in my favour.:)

Oooo. Cool interview. I'll have to watch the other parts of it.

The voice was alright. He - naturally, actually - has the right sort of gravelly tone, but I imagine Rorschach being far more monotone.

Moore does have a great voice though. As opposed to Grant Morrison, who sounds far more like a character from Trainspotting than I expected.

[youtube]5gHOh4Cgkn0[/youtube]

This Moore video is great:

[youtube]hD7EKZ32ODQ[/youtube]

I don't think I could spend more than twenty minutes in a room with Alan Moore without running out in tears because of how broken the world is.

I don't think that'd happen.

Every interview I've heard or read by him - I'm always left inspired with a smile on my face. Never depressed. He seems a good man.

I don't think that'd happen.

Every interview I've heard or read by him - I'm always left inspired with a smile on my face. Never depressed. He seems a good man.

I'd feel pretty creeped out being in the same room as someone who worships a snake deity. :/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back