Avengers Fear Itself (Fraction/Immonen) discussion (spoilers!)

Agreed

I enjoyed this, lots of great developements, but there was alot of mid-event things that were bow-tied too quickly (the mighty)

Also Mighty Wolverine made no sense to me, did they give him an entire set of molten armor that turned his claws into like lava claws BEFORE the groups transformation? why didn't they just have Wolverine jump into the Uru or something?

I didn't think it was bad at all. It was probably a couple issues longer than it needed to be, but it was a solid story. Waaaaaaay better than Siege, if we're making that comparison.

It definitely had some big event cliche moments but it's not like it ruined the story. And this is one of the very few events I can remember that has had related, measurable consequences afterward and which actually leads smoothly into some new stories (Hulk/Banner separating, in particular) without seeming forced.

I'll be getting the hardcover.

I don't know, but I'm sure it will be a mystery that plays out for several years and then it turns out it was a moustache all along.

Okay I read pretty much all of Fear Itself. (But not any of the fallout)

The Main Series
The main complaint is the same with all giant crossovers. It doesn't read as well or as clear without reading the tie-ins. But it is very well written and the art was amazing. I liked the idea of Odin's Brother and the designs on all the Armor wielders were nice.

The Tie-Ins
But some of the tie-ins were really good. The best was easily, Journey Into Mystery. Which told the story of Kid Loki going to Hel and Hell to manipulate Hela and Mephisto. The art is great and the book is one of my favorite being published.

Invincible Iron Man was really good but I had issues with how Fraction wrote drunk Tony, but the dwarf swearing made up for it. That series has been amazing for a long time.

I enjoyed Uncanny X-men with the X-men fighting Juggernaut. Where Colossus becomes the new Juggernaut which is...odd.

There was a couple other interesting bits with Namor and Strange with the Defenders fighting Attuma and Speedball returns to Stanford.

But this is how you do a event. The stories didn't seem to contradict each other and it was a battle on multiple fronts. Which is what Secret Invasion really failed at.

House Of M > Fear Itself > Siege > World War Hulks > Shadowland > Secret Invasion > Civil War

Latest posts

Back