Avengers Fear Itself (Fraction/Immonen) discussion (spoilers!)

Re: Fear Itself (Fraction/Immonen) discussion

So, I like Fraction and I want to like this book, but I'm officially bored now.

Same for Flashpoint.

Re: Fear Itself (Fraction/Immonen) discussion

#3 was better than #2 but worse than #1. And it sucks that Brubaker didn't get to kill Bucky.

Spoiler tags aren't needed now. I just did it because it was early in the day and I didn't think the books were widely read yet.

It feels a little less like a Bendis typical shock death but ultimately was anticlimactic and seemed unnecessary.

I thought Bucky was going back to being Steve Rogers's sidekick in the relaunched Captain America?

isn't the Cap relaunch going to take place during WWII?

I hadn't heard that but if that's true it makes the Bucky sidekick thing make more sense, I guess.

I just don't think there's any reason to kill him. Change it so that after his trial he is forced back into suspension or something. You have to presume he'll be back - don't force yourself into a crappy resurrection when he is.

There's going to be two Captain America titles - one taking place in the modern day with Steve as Cap and then the other taking place in WWII with Cap and Bucky.

There's going to be two Captain America titles - one taking place in the modern day with Steve as Cap and then the other taking place in WWII with Cap and Bucky.

This goes right back to the "too many titles" thing being discussed in the other thread. Why? Hasn't Brubaker pretty much got everything out of WW2 Cap that there is to get? Those stories work great in context with what's going on now; a separate book is overkill. If you feel like you have stories to tell, tell them as add-on stories in the regular Cap book like they've been doing with that mind-numbingly boring girl sidekick.

There's a movie coming out - that means we have to get Steve back as Captain America AND we need a comic showing him in WWII, since that's what the movie is all about.

Fear Itself

So far I've only read Fear Itself: The Worthy, Fear Itself: Homefront, and the Avengers Academy Tie-In... And I've got to say it's great.

no big deal.

I haven't read any of this yet. Nor have I heard much about it since Flashpoint started. Is it any good? (is the series over?)

It's about halfway over. It's not bad, some of the tie-ins are all over the place, but I love that the Iron Man 2.0 tie-in has the Immortal Weapons and Sun-Wukong fighting souped up Absorbing Man and Titania.
Bucky died
which sucks hard, but I just keep thinking to myself how this title is really ****ing up the status quo of so many books (FF, New Avengers, Incredible Hulks, Thunderbolts).

Oh man, I completely missed the entire story.
Usually I get the basic jist of these events by lurking the internet, but this just flew completely under the radar.
Was it bad? Because people are usually very vocal about comics being bad.
Or was it just really really bland and uninteresting?

Latest posts

Back