Final Crisis vs Secret Invasion: Which mini was better?

Which event mini series was better: Final Crisis or Secret Invasion?

• Total voters
I agree with Bass. There's no real reason to vote when both sucked.
And I'm tired of seeing people defend Final Crisis. It was terrible and incoherent. You don't look more intelligent for 'getting it' when there is nothing to get from the story. Everything you 'think' you 'get' from it is complete outside conjecture based upon the fact that the writer was once among the greatest in the business.

Secret Invasion was just flat-out disappointing, on all levels.

So what your saying is that people who like it actually don't and people who thought they understood it actually didn't and therefore you say it sucks?

That makes a lot of sense. :?

You aren't required to like it. Just like anything else. But don't attack people who like it simply because they like it.

So what your saying is that people who like it actually don't and people who thought they understood it actually didn't and therefore you say it sucks?

You aren't required to like it. Just like anything else. But don't attack people who like it simply because they like it.

Exactly.

My post came off more inflammatory than I meant it to. I just don't understand why the series is getting so much goodwill when it seemed like such a cluster****.

My post came off more inflammatory than I meant it to. I just don't understand why the series is getting so much goodwill when it seemed like such a cluster****.
Because it maybe the people who liked it actually liked it for what it was to them? I mean, to you it may be a "cluster****" but your thoughts on it are not the same as every single person who reads it. Certainly not mine.

Because it maybe the people who liked it actually liked it for what it was to them? I mean, to you it may be a "cluster****" but your thoughts on it are not the same as every single person who reads it. Certainly not mine.

Exactly!

I really liked it. It is a "love letter" to comic heroes, fantastic adventures and the first and greatest costumed hero ever created, Superman. I mean really, what else could you want from a big event?

Aside from small missteps where the answer simply isn't there, but generally I don't understand the complaint that it was difficult to follow... If you read it in a chunk, particularly with Superman Beyond, I think it's pretty straight-forward... Maybe not in a traditional sort of way, but the story's there. I think it could have been much better, but I think in the end it worked more than it didn't work.

Both were disappointing but Final Crisis actually had a lot of interesting ideas. It's just too bad they weren't executed well due to the delays, artist changes, editorial interference, Morrison's insane magicks, whatever.

Now that I've read both, I can confirm that Final Crisis is much, much, much better.

But then again the Clone Saga was better than Secret Invasion, so...

Final Crisis wasn't awesome, but at least I cared enough to finish reading. I downloaded Secret Invasion and after 4 issues I waited over a month to read 5, and I don't know if I'm even going to be able to finish it.

Secret Invasion: The Amazing Spider-Man was pretty fun, though.

Latest posts

Back