Firefly series discussion (Spoilers!)

UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
So I got my dvd set late last week and WOW. Amazing series. Only $25 too.:D

Too bad Fox did little to no marketing and had little to no support for it...

Too bad the movie (Serenity) didn't do better at the box office so we could've been guaranteed a sequel (maybe DVD sales will make a sequel possible, since that was how the movie got the greenlight in the first place)...at the very least I hope Whedon continues the story somehow, perhaps more Serenity/Firefly comics (even though the first mini wasn't anywhere near as impressive as the series/movie). I just want me some more Firefly, however I can get it.

I liked the TV series much more than the movie, even though I saw them in the wrong order. The mini-series was dull.

ProjectX2 said:
I liked the TV series much more than the movie, even though I saw them in the wrong order. The mini-series was dull.

I liked the TV show for its better writing, etc, but liked the movie for its slam-band action and great space battle scenes. I also thought the comic mini was pretty dull, but I liked that it gave us a few answers about the Blue Hands Men...well, a little bit anyway.

Firefly coming back would be ****ing sweet, but why wasn't the guy who plays Jayne(Adam Baldwin I think) there.

Firefly back on tv - Jayne = not ****ing sweet.
I love Jayne a LOT. But let's be fair, Firefly without Jane would I guess be 'mildly sweet'. Like a mint that lost some of its flavor. Not bad, but lacking something I guess.

This series is absolutely the best televised sci-fi I've seen in a very long time.

I am rewatching the series right now, as nothing on TV seems to be good enough anymore.
My favorite episode is Out of Gas.

Out of Gas is simply amazing. How the writers masterfully weave three stories in and out of each other is crazy. The way they explain how he met the crew, and even the ship, they explaination on what really happened, and the the payoff at the end with "Are you guys going to be here when I wake up?"

Brillant.

It was a fantastic show. I too am rewatching at the moment, Just watched 'Trash'. I love YoSaf Bridges. Our Mrs Reynolds is probably one of my fave eps of all time.

War Stories is another awesome episode, worth watching just for the bit between Zoe and Book..
Zoe: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

I love the bit in 'Trash' when she wants then to help her with some robbery

Mal: Saffron has a notion we can walk right in there, take the Lassiter right off his shelf.
Wash: I'm confused.
Saffron: You're asking yourself if I've got the security codes, why don't I go in, grab it for myself?
Wash: No. Actually, I was wondering… WHAT'S SHE DOING ON THIS SHIP?
Wash: Didn't she try to kill us?!
Saffron: Please! Nobody died last time.
Wash: We're in space! How'd she get here?
Mal: She hitched.
Wash: I don't recall pulling over!

Pure comedy gold...

God, do I love this show.

If there's one "bad" episode, the closest is "Heart of Gold".

One of the best tv shows ever. It should be in its fourth season now.

I am convinced that if the show had just been renewed once, if Fox had gone, "Okay, we don't get it. Lots of people don't get it. It's not doing that well. But this is Joss Whedon. We can afford one more season. What the hell?" I am sure that this show would be the most popular drama on tv. Lost wouldn't've dented it, and neither would've Battlestar Galactica. Not onl that, but Deadwood would still be on the air because of its westerness.

I want to be a slider and go to the world where Firefly and Crusade weren't cancelled.

And I'm married to Caitlin Fairchild.

:rockon:

One of the best tv shows ever. It should be in its fourth season now.

I am convinced that if the show had just been renewed once, if Fox had gone, "Okay, we don't get it. Lots of people don't get it. It's not doing that well. But this is Joss Whedon. We can afford one more season. What the hell?" I am sure that this show would be the most popular drama on tv. Lost wouldn't've dented it, and neither would've Battlestar Galactica. Not onl that, but Deadwood would still be on the air because of its westerness.

never understood why they cancelled it or why they say it didn't do well. Because it was so popular people demanded it return. that's why they let him do film.

It's not my favourite scifi series but it's still great. My favourite Scifi show even if most do not count it as scifi was Roswell (even despite how bad last season was compared to 1+2)

Basically, in so far as I know, what happened was Fox went "Yes Mr Whedon, please give us a show like Buffy or Angel that will make us rich."

"Okay - it's Firefly."

They watch the first episode, Serenity. "We don't get it." (To be fair, neither did I) "What's that weird language they speak?"

"Mandarin. Chinese."

"Why?"

"It's the future. China and America are the only superpowers."

"Why didn't you say that?"

"Why would I?"

"Where are they?"

"Space."

"What happened to Earth?"

"It's not really important."

"... We don't get it. But carry on."

The show continued. Because it's unique and doesn't pander by giving lengthy, wasteful, exposition, people didn't get it. It wasn't until Train Job where I looked at the episode lists and went... OH! It's a western! In space!

But it's not an easy show to get into. So people didn't hook on, and it got cancelled before it took off. :\

Basically, in so far as I know, what happened was Fox went "Yes Mr Whedon, please give us a show like Buffy or Angel that will make us rich."

"Okay - it's Firefly."

They watch the first episode, Serenity. "We don't get it." (To be fair, neither did I) "What's that weird language they speak?"

"Mandarin. Chinese."

"Why?"

"It's the future. China and America are the only superpowers."

"Why didn't you say that?"

"Why would I?"

"Where are they?"

"Space."

"What happened to Earth?"

"It's not really important."

"... We don't get it. But carry on."

The show continued. Because it's unique and doesn't pander by giving lengthy, wasteful, exposition, people didn't get it. It wasn't until Train Job where I looked at the episode lists and went... OH! It's a western! In space!

But it's not an easy show to get into. So people didn't hook on, and it got cancelled before it took off. :\

yeah fox are idiots how else would you explain cancelling futurama

Took me to Train Job to initally get what was going on, but once I understood that it wasn't important to know what happened to Earth, or why they spoke Mandarin, I was hooked.

Took me to Train Job to initally get what was going on, but once I understood that it wasn't important to know what happened to Earth, or why they spoke Mandarin, I was hooked.

Train Job was the first episode. Were you watching it on DVD?

Though Fox's characteristic stupidity, they aired Train Job first and never the pilot.

[Shatner] FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX![/Shatner]

Sucks the most the only thing we'll be getting of this great show at any point in the near future is another comic book mini series called "Better Days".

I think its scheduled for sometime late this year to hit shelves, and will take place during the series, focusing on a job that actually went as planned.

Actually there is a Firefly MMO in the works..so..

But yeah I agree the series is one of the best ever...the scene in the pilot.."Kaylee's dead" man I laughed my *** off all night at that.

Also some rumors, most of the actors were seen exiting Fox studios togther about a month ago, and in a previous interview Joss was asked if the show would be ocmming back because of the movie's sucess, and replied with something along the lines of "If it did, things would be a little diffrent, you'll see when you watch Serenity".

So some hope there.

Latest posts

Back