Firefly series discussion (Spoilers!)

yeah fox are idiots how else would you explain cancelling futurama

Futurama had a good run - 4 seasons was plenty.

As for Firefly, I can totally see why they didn't pick it up - it's really very unique and odd. I can see why it didn't do too well to start with. But I'm convinced had it carried on, it would've snowballed. It just didn't get the chance. I don't think they're idiots for not getting the show or seeing it's potential.

Futurama had a good run - 4 seasons was plenty.

5 seasons but alot say 4 because they released 4 season box sets but season 1 box set had some of two to make it bigger and doing that to other seasons to balance it out plus 5 been really short lead 4 season boxsets but 5 seasons.

The worst episode of the series is the first episode. The first hour of it anyway, since it's two hours long. I coudln't get into it at all. It took me forever to watch it. The smartest thing Fox did was air Train Job first, because it freaking ruled and every episode thereafter ruled. But the first episode was a HUGE misstep and if it weren't for being a Buffy fan adn my firend having the Firefly DVD I never would've known what an awesome show it is.

5 seasons but alot say 4 because they released 4 season box sets but season 1 box set had some of two to make it bigger and doing that to other seasons to balance it out plus 5 been really short lead 4 season boxsets but 5 seasons.
Wha-huh? My head hurts now.

What? it makes perfect sense
I didn't say you weren't making any sense. I'm saying you need to edit more, so that we don't have to strain so much to read the breathless punctuation lacking run-on sentences that make up your posts.

I didn't say you weren't making any sense. I'm saying you need to edit more, so that we don't have to strain so much to read the breathless punctuation lacking run-on sentences that make up your posts.

yeah well my punctuation , grammar and spelling suck can't help that

So I'm re-watching the series now. Can I just say something right quick? Real talk?

I love the theme song to this show. Like hardcore. I found myself singing it aloud at work today. It's all stuck in my head.

Oh yeah....I love the show too. Whedon is so brilliant. It makes me wonder when he's gonna do another show?

And the whole thing where everyone apparently speaks Chinese? Funktastik!

So I'm re-watching the series now. Can I just say something right quick? Real talk?

I love the theme song to this show. Like hardcore. I found myself singing it aloud at work today. It's all stuck in my head.

Oh yeah....I love the show too. Whedon is so brilliant. It makes me wonder when he's gonna do another show?

And the whole thing where everyone apparently speaks Chinese? Funktastik!

yeah, i can see you singing aloud and everyone being really annoyed but to tense to ssay anything about. then you go about singing it in everyones ears so it gets stuck in their head and then you explain it to them like that so they understand why you're doing. no commas necessary

yeah, i can see you singing aloud and everyone being really annoyed but to tense to ssay anything about. then you go about singing it in everyones ears so it gets stuck in their head and then you explain it to them like that so they understand why you're doing. no commas necessary

BWAHAHAHA!

Damn I missed you....

I think Whedon needs to stop doing some comics and start doing some more TV.

I concur about the theme. It's amazing. I haven't even seen the show since the movie came out but I was still singing it just a few days ago.

I think Whedon needs to stop doing some comics and start doing some more TV.

Agreed, unfortunately... I'd like to see him tackle something completely new... Aside from the beginning of Astonishing, his Comic work has PALED in comparison to his work on the small screen.

Hell, I'd even love to see him do more movies...

I concur about the theme. It's amazing. I haven't even seen the show since the movie came out but I was still singing it just a few days ago.

Just reading about it made me hunt it down on Youtube for another good listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqSsW9SoUy8

He's not going to be doing TV for quite some time unfortunately. After the piss about that was Firefly's airing and subsequent cancel, and then being told that Angel was being cancelled in the middle of the season as it costs too much to produce (they wanted more reality TVs which are cheaper to make as the braintrusts that go on it don't need paying...) Joss said he had lost faith in TV, and wouldn't go back for a while.

Its like the TV god equivelent of Jesus being crucified I suppose... Hopefully though he will come back like Jesus did...

I think Tim Minear is cooler than Joss Whedon. Which isn't to say that Whedon himself is not cool, but as TV producers, Minear FTW.

Also, Doom, I too sing the Firefly theme out loud.

I was watching the Jaynestown episode before I went to work this morning. Great stuff.

Jayne has to be my favorite. When he was tryng to trade his favorite gun for Mal's girl.....I couldn't stop laughing. "She's got a name too. I call her Vera!"

Last edited:
"This is my very favourite gun."

The theme tune rocks - it's all about Mal, dontchaknow. He is the greatest ever. :heart:

Latest posts

Back